SAP TechEd Blog Posts
Share your experiences about SAP TechEd: Write about your favorite sessions and other conference highlights.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Picture if you will...or remember if you were there...

September 2019.

Las Vegas.

The last night of SAP TechEd. The closing festivities.

A bar/bowling alley filled with joyous attendees celebrating three days of learning and interacting.

@craigcmehil takes the stage to announce SAP TechEd plans for 2020.

The crowd goes wild, riding high following a fantastic show, excited about the possibilities of what's to come.

Only...we don't know what's coming. Not yet.

I've thought about that night often over these past there years. Sure, it wasn't exactly my last in-person event -- I was in Barcelona for SAP TechEd weeks later -- but for me, that final night in Vegas sticks out in my mind as a pivotal moment pre-COVID, particularly as far as SAP TechEd is concerned. Because, in the closing moments of SAP TechEd Las Vegas 2019, I was already thinking ahead toward SAP TechEd 2020, as though it were a certainty. And if these recent years have taught me anything, it's that there's no such thing as a sure bet, especially in Vegas. 

Since then, SAP TechEd has made the successful transition to an online event (and continues as one next week), and while I'm grateful that I've been able to continue to connect to people virtually (through cool get-togethers such as watch parties), I'm very excited that I'm finally getting a chance to return to an event in the flesh -- as part of SAP TechEd Hands-On Lab, on November 15 and 16.

@cecihuergo already wrote extensively about this in-person event, so I won't cover the same ground. Instead, I'll let you know what I'll be up to in Vegas (on the show floor, that is).

SAP TechEd Hands-On Lab will feature a Community Theater, and if you'll be at the event, that's where you'll find me -- not surprisingly, as a member of the Community & Influencers team, focusing on SAP Community in general (and moderation in particular).

Artist rendition of the lounge...where I hope to see you!Artist rendition of the lounge...where I hope to see you!

For my part, I'll be available to answer questions about SAP Community -- to help people get the most out of their membership. I'll also be showing off the SAP Community tutorials, as these cover everything you need to know about the community -- from getting started to participating in Q&A and blogging.

One of the tutorials is dedicated to updating and maintaining your people.sap,com profile, and no profile is complete without a snazzy avatar photo. To help with that, we'll have a professional headshot photographer (a staple in the community area at previous SAP TechEd events) in the lounge. So if you'll be in attendance, get your avatar picture snapped, on us, then come see me, and I'll walk you through everything you need to do to build a better people.sap.com profile!

Taking my own headshot at the headshot photography stop at SAP TechEd 2019 , Las Vegas. I believe the kids call that "meta." Come get a professional headshot this year!Taking my own headshot at the headshot photography stop at SAP TechEd 2019 , Las Vegas. I believe the kids call that "meta." Come get a professional headshot this year!  

I won't be the only Community & Influencers team member at the lounge. The aforementioned Craig Cmehil will be there, as will my colleague @mynynachau@staceyfish and @StephanieMarley, who manage our team's influencer programs, will also be in attendance along with a few SAP Mentors and SAP Champions.

There's still time to register for SAP TechEd Hands-On Lab (as well as the virtual event). If you're already planning to be at this event in Vegas, please leave room on your agenda for a visit to our Community Lounge. Come see my colleagues and me, spend some time hanging and talking to our leading influencers, and connect with other community participants.

After all these years, I look forward to seeing members in person again! 

3 Comments
StephanieMarley
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi, I'm so excited for TechEd 2022. It is also a nice time to reminisce about past TechEd programs.  Here is a memory with close friend, and colleagues in Barcelona 2019! TechEd Barcelona 2019.jpg

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

Enjoy the "show".  I know I have stayed at the Mirage before, and for sure there's a Starbucks close by.

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Enjoy @jerryjanda and I am looking forward to more pictures 😁