SAP TechEd Blog Posts
Share your experiences about SAP TechEd: Write about your favorite sessions and other conference highlights.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cecihuergo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Do you want to build modern, cloud-ready SAP Fiori apps on SAP S/4HANA? Or would you rather create ABAP-based side-by-side extensions on SAP Business Technology Platform? Regardless, the ABAP RESTful application programming model is the right choice for you. 

What is RAP?

The ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP) is a set of concepts, tools, languages, and powerful frameworks provided on the ABAP platform. It supports the efficient development of innovative and cloud-ready enterprise applications, as well as the extension of SAP standard applications in an upgrade-stable way in the cloud and on-premise. Think of it as an enabler for improving the user experience and innovating business processes in ABAP-based SAP solutions by leveraging SAP Fiori, SAP HANA, and the cloud.

Intrigued? Check out the replay and follow along! The exercises are available here.

Don't forget to join this group to get updates and discuss all things SAP TechEd!

4 Comments
bhatia_nikhil
Explorer

I have followed the steps described to create the app from the travel table. After publishing, I'm getting the following authorization errors when trying to preview the app.

No authorization to access service group 'ZRAP100_UI_TRAVEL_O4_499'
You do not have start authorization for R3TR G4BA ZRAP100_UI_TRAVEL_O4_499, return code 4.

Can you please suggest if anything was missed?

cecihuergo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @bhatia_nikhil - Thanks for reaching out! Let me check back with the experts and see if they can provide any suggestions.

bhatia_nikhil
Explorer

Hi @cecihuergo

Thanks for replying. I got the issue resolved just an hour back. Need to change the authorization in CDS views to not required.

AccessControl.authorizationCheck: #NOT_REQUIRED"

Hope this helps others.

However, I'm having a few issues while following the session. Since I'm new to RAP, please let me know where I can address my queries related to this tutorial

cecihuergo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @bhatia_nikhil  - great to hear you were able to resolve it! There is a lot of great content on SAP Community for those interested in ABAP development: https://community.sap.com/topics/abap 

Make sure to follow the page to get updates and you can check out the ABAP for Newbies section 🙂

If not, you can always ask a question in the community: https://answers.sap.com/index.html  

Hope that helps!