SAP TechEd Blog Posts
Share your experiences about SAP TechEd: Write about your favorite sessions and other conference highlights.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator

*****Update*****

Fun down to the final hour, voting (that counts) closed as of September 29, 12:30 PM PST / 3:30 PM EST / 8:30 PM CET. The unofficial official results:

Jamie Oswald – 22 Votes
“I know the policy but I accidentally ate my own badge. Do I really have to pay the conference fee again?”

moya.watson  – 19 Votes
"ABAP will run in the cloud when GOATS FLY!”

jrgen.lins  – 10 Votes
"I hope next TechEd will be in Amsterdam, can’t wait to get my grass in a coffee shop"

This community is full of creative wit, and I thank all who participated. You had me laughing all week long! Some of the best entries came in the final hours, you can keep liking them – I just can’t count them in the results.

Feeling sad because you couldn’t get to Las Vegas for SAP TechEd this year? No matter, because we’ve got a good old fashioned caption contest to keep you in good humor.

If you’ve been following our adventures, you know we've picked up a goat named Capra as a mascot and she's been having tons of laughs at TechEd without us (#goatspotting, @community_goat).

Let's show Capra where the real fun is! Unleash your community spirit and creativity by sharing a caption that catapults this cartoon to its maximum funny potential.

How to Participate:

• Come up with a funny caption to go with the cartoon & publish it as a comment on this post

• You can enter as many captions as you want (as long as they're all funny:)

• Keep it professional -- sarcasm is fine, but don’t be mean, my children will be reading this

• Vote for your favorite captions by giving a like to the relevant comment posts

• You can vote for as many captions as truly tickle your funny bone

• The caption that receives the most votes wins!

Caption entries and voting will close on Friday September 29th, after the last Las Vegas event session at 12:30 PM PST / 3:30 PM EST / 8:30 PM CET. That's only 4 days, so get to it... I can't wait to see who will submit the first caption!

Of course we hope that our witty colleagues at TechEd will also find some time to get to the community and participate (...calling jerry.janda).

There are no prizes, but you will earn the respect of the community, the admiration of Capra, and your caption will be added to the cartoon and published in a blog that summarizes our results. I’ll also send a signed, printed hard copy to the winner. And sure, you can put it on your resume and I'll even write you a reference.

This contest is brought to you with special thanks to timo.elliott , who brought us the first community caption contest in 2015 with much success.

Also, to my colleagues on the SAP Community Experience team, thank you for collaborating on Capra-worthy concepts, I had a so much fun! oddss ~ brianbernard ~ brian.ellefritz ~ catherine.lacroix ~ david.metser ~ gali.klingschneider ~ d68619 ~ jcantrell ~ jerry.janda ~ moshe.naveh2 ~ mynyna.chau ~ sajid.amir4

78 Comments
Former Member
<In a Mike Myers Scottish accent>

Whit? Double-booked? Ocht yiv goat tae be kiddin!
scott_lawley
Employee
Employee
Lady with purse next to capra... " Hey Billy. I haven't seen you since you were a kid. Now look at you, all grown up, attending TechEd, and fully brand-compliant."

Former Member
Sorry, I haven't seen your phone. Where did you leave it last?

Former Member
Try TechEd at Vegas they said, It will be better than your favorite farm.

They didn't tell me I would have nothing to eat but chips.
Former Member
Why does everyone look at me like I don't belong.  I BELONG FOLKS! Look I even brought some of my homemade cheese with TechEd stamped on it. Can't wait to sink my teeth into some of those community giveaways.

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Oh my.  Outstanding!

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
LOL!!!

keohanster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
ROFL!!!

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
I'd like to confirm my reservation for Barcelona and who will be my official goat herders?
ThomasJenewein
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
What I as a goat want to do at SAP TechEd? Network and  stay in the know about the latest SAP developments - I have esp.  bock on finding out more on machine learning capatbilities of SAP Leonardo. 
ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

• A beer please ...

• Here you go(at) !

former_member47640
Active Contributor
"So you are saying you switched the color of the SAP logo back to blue and I painted my horn and tail in gold for nothing?"
Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
Hi, I'm trying to find the GOAT-to person for Capra...

I’ve never flown with SAP before. And you're saying they are THE cloud company?

MikeJ
Associate
Associate

Sorry for butting in, but I'd like to sign up for America's Goat Talent...and I'm not kidding! I do a great 'Billy Idol'!
caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos
Oh my goodness, so funny! Keep them coming!
caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
0 Kudos
katherine.kenneally so happy to see your here. It's been too long. Great submission, glad you could join the fun!

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
"What do you mean, you need to see my ID? Isn't it obvious that I'm Capra? How many other goats are attending TechEd?"
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
Capra: Taking "business casual" to a whole new level.
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
"I don't always fly to conferences, but when I do, I fly GOAT class."
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
"I came, I saw, I conquered SAP GoatEd Las Vegas. Bangalore and Barcelona, here I come!"
caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
And matt.fraser  helping us close strong! These are great submission - I'm not sure you can catch up in the voting, but delighted to have you join the fun all the same!
Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
Well, I had to give everyone else a fighting chance; after all, it's only fair! 😉
RajivNema
Employee
Employee
"Here is my GrassPort. Now give me my Boarding Grass."
moyalynne
Active Contributor

Ha!!!  I LOST TO A WORTHY CAPTION and an inactive member!!! <bows> to Jamie Oswald, who has apparently left the building 🙂

caroleighdeneen
Community Administrator
Community Administrator
Hoping this will help bring him back:)
Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Haha, I guess Capra will be getting a brand new set of wings now! 😉
0 Kudos

It's a good contest. I don't know people who wouldn't like humor. It's boring to live, routine, which isn't fun. Inside our company, we try to hold activities related to humor — a lot of contests. Since our boss likes short humorous texts, we hold a competition for the best anecdote. One of the conditions of the game is the possibility to use jokes and liners on JokesFan based on the desired topic. How much the team enjoys such, let's say, competitions. This unites the team very much. Despite their age, everyone tries to choose the most relevant topic of the present time. It's true to say that laughter prolongs life.