SAP TechEd Blog Posts
Share your experiences about SAP TechEd: Write about your favorite sessions and other conference highlights.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAPMichelle
Advisor
Advisor

What's Trending at SAP TechEd 2013?

This is the first year in a while that I had the privilege to attend SAP TechEd as an Attendee, no Speaker duty. I thought it's going to be a relaxing week where I can line up educational sessions in a breeze, meet with uber smart product managers and subject matter experts, and perhaps take advantage of conducting in-depth collaboration with the HANA data scientists.

Well, I was off by a long shot the moment I attempted to fill up the calendar with Agenda Builder. I was triple booking several topics of interest on first day of the event. I'm pretty sure you did not have this problem. This is the first year that I believe SAP has delivered a premier catalog of breakout sessions that hash tag HANA is not the only hot thing that's trending at SAP TechEd.

Options. Options. Options.

So, if you have a need to leverage the game changing speed of SAP HANA in your applications, well SAP has the answer.  Whether you desire a speed, or  want to manage change & capitalize on emerging trends - by simplifying your hardware landscape and shifting from a Capex to Opex IT model, a roadmap to such business transformation is explained in TEC105 - the Update on SAP´s Cloud Strategy – The Cloud is Business.

SAP has a unique position in the cloud market. Transforming SAP into a cloud company is definitely one of the strategic goals at SAP.  A key enabler is technology, with the mission to achieve business momentum by adapting the right mix of solutions with the right foundation. Take a look at this illustration - SAP HANA Consumption Options. In TEC119 - Transforming Your Business with SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, the session talks about how to jumpstart your HANA journey all the way to the deployment. Customers get the distinctness of their HANA consumption option, and still have to vote with their pocketbooks.

SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

My favorite part when Dr. Vishal Sikka took the stage and gave a strong message on the SAP HANA Cloud Platform.  And I remembered my tweet during the keynote, “In Vegas, you have no idea where you really are”. Wait sorry, that was one of them. "Every application is moving to SAP HANA Cloud Platform". HANA Cloud Platform is the basis for building new applications. Yes, it comes with that 3-letter acronym rule, HCP. Check out TEC106 - Go into the Cloud with SAP HANA Cloud Platform.

SAP indeed energizes its ecosystem with the power of cloud computing.  Thanks to SAP HANA, for driving growth opportunities and accelerating innovation for our customers.

You get the message. A lot more was trending at SAP TechEd this year. I will have to digest & decompress first, then will post another article.

Thanks for stopping by & viewing my blog.

Michelle Huang |LinkedIn | Twitter| Facebook

14 Comments
Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

great information !!!

SAPMichelle
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Jitendra.

I808031
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Love it.. great insight on TechED at high level now I can't wait for more from you Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Michelle!

Fantastic insight and information from TechEd for those of us who are not fortunate enough to be able to attend!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very good posting, I like the SAP TechEd library  and the information exposure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michelle,

Valuable information. Thank you so much for sharing.

Keep sharing and rocking forever!

Regards,

Hari Suseelan

Homiar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you Michelle for sharing your TechEd experience.

Best Regards,

Homiar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really enjoyed reading your blog, Michelle! Makes me want to be part of next year's TechEd. Please share more of your TechEd experiences. Keep up the good work!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome Blog Michelle!  I think you should enter it into the SAP TechEd 2013: Share the Knowledge Challenge. http://scn.sap.com/community/events/teched/blog/2013/10/18/ready-set-learn-and-blog--sap-teched-2013...

This is the exact type of blog I'm looking for in the competition!

Thanks,

Christina

SAPMichelle
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the kind feedback. Based on this, I'm motivated to continue writing blogs on various technical topics on SCN. This year's TechEd content was exceptional. I have some ideas to share with you all, customers implementation experience and the hot topics that captured my interest during the event, especially in the areas of Platform Technologies.

SAPMichelle
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Christina. I visited your page and submitted. Great vehicle to share knowledge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great content and Insight, as always, Michelle.  Keep the info flowing!

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good information Michelle,

Thanks for sharing your experience

Below line is so true

"Every application is moving to SAP HANA Cloud Platform"

Looking forward to more blogs from your side

Regards,

Vivek

former_member196198
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Where do I vote?  Great information, Michelle!