SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any favourite SAP TechEd memories? Share your photos with us!

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hey there all TechEd enthusiasts!

We want to hear from you! Did you attend a previous SAP TechEd event? Perhaps you were lucky enough to attend in person one year? We'd love to hear all your favourite memories, whether it's a highlight from one of the sessions or you got to network with some special people or learned some new tips and tricks. Please share your memories here.

If you have some photos from previous events, please share them here too - we'd love to see them!

As the SAP TechEd elves are busy behind-the-scenes preparing for the next big event - we wanted to take some time out to hear from you and what experiences you've had from previous years. Some light-hearted fun BUT that also gives us insight into how to make this year great for you.

Discussion previous TechEd events.png

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

15 REPLIES 15

jerryjanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Anyone else remember Puppies with Purpose from SAP TechEd Las Vegas 2019? 

puppies.jpg

(The internet certainly never forgets...although there's a good explanation. Honestly.)

Make sure to subscribe to What's New!

Uhhh... I missed that, unfortunately, as I wasn't on-site. But I remember all the pics from these cuties back then 😍🐶

I have some favorite memories around SAP TechEd Las Vegas too. It was in 2018, a year before the puppies, where I participated in the 5K memorial run at 6:00 am in the glory morning with a great team of SAP Mentors and colleagues 😃
IMG_4428.JPG

But not to forget the great team on-site, too 😃 with the famous Marilyn Pratt!
IMG_4450.JPG

Of course a lot of my lovely colleagues are missing on this pic, but it was a great moment where we had lots of fun...  (only spotted @qmacro twice 😂)

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

craigcmehil
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've had the pleasure of attending SAP TechEd from 2004 until 2019, in most cases 3 locations. I was then lucky enough to be onsite for our first virtual event in 2020 and unfortunately missed out in 2021 due to an injury.

Over the years I have thousands of photos so finding a couple to share is extremely difficult so I thought I would pick 3 that had significant impact -- can you guess what they each mean?

2005 Bangalore2005 Bangalore2006200620072007

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I have lots of happy memories from SAP TechEd events in the past. Here are some pics:

DSC00126.JPG

Here's me and the one and only Piers Harding, at an SAP TechEd event some time around 2000. I'm wearing a custom-made tshirt, showing the Linux Penguin with the (then) SAP logo on its belly, with the phrase "Powered by Linux" below. It was to celebrate the availability of SAP R/3 on Linux. 

VeryRude.jpg

I've shared this one before but it's such a fun shot I thought I'd share it again. Here with @craigcmehil at SAP TechEd 2004 in Munich. How young we once were!

IMAG0446.jpg

And talking of young, here's a set of young things from SAP TechEd 2011 in Madrid, including (from L to R) Dick Hirsch, @tbroek , @RichHeilman @thomas_jung and Aslan Noghre-Kar.

4.jpg

And here's a more recent one, with @maxstreifeneder and me with the super crowd at SAP TechEd 2019 in Bangalore.

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I would have never imagined that, but to some extent, by accident, I got a ticket to SAP TechEd 2007 in Las Vegas. Since then I've been doing everything possible to attend it every year -- first as an external, now as an SAP employee. Obviously, the first one still remains the most impactful and memorable.

It all started because of Jens Doerpmund -- one of the most knowledgeable and creative experts in the Data && Analytics space I ever met, and who had a huge influence on my career.

TE07_01Jens.JPG

I wanted to maximize my experience as much as possible, so I joined a pre-conference Community Day. It was my first time meeting people from an online community (then SDN) in real life.

TE07_02CommunityDay.JPG

Fast forward to the past year, and it was a very special SAP TechEd for me too. The conference was online, but our SAP Developer Advocates team got together to support the event and specifically to give you the developers' keynote, which I hope you enjoyed.

TE21_03DevAdvocates.jpeg

This year SAP TechEd is a hybrid event with online content and on-site workshops plus other activities. I am looking forward to meeting you!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

So many TechEds and so many memories and pictures.  It's difficult to choose. I decided to start with pictures from TechEd 2007 Bangalore - certainly not my first TechEd, but the first one I got to go to India for. 

Teched 2007 Bangalore - At the old Trade Center Location near the SAP OfficesTeched 2007 Bangalore - At the old Trade Center Location near the SAP Offices

Enterprise SOA was the topic of the day in 2007Enterprise SOA was the topic of the day in 2007

The setup for the hands-on workshops that yearThe setup for the hands-on workshops that year

Craig Cmehil and Gregor Wolf doing a demo of Wii HandsCraig Cmehil and Gregor Wolf doing a demo of Wii Hands

There was a very busy show floor area as wellThere was a very busy show floor area as well

After the event we were able to get outside the city and see some impressive sightsAfter the event we were able to get outside the city and see some impressive sights

SAP TechEd 2019 Las Vegas  [Thomas Jung and Myself (Sakthi Thanigaivelan) & Lucia Subatin]SAP TechEd 2019 Las Vegas [Thomas Jung and Myself (Sakthi Thanigaivelan) & Lucia Subatin]SAP TechED 2019 Las Vegas [Thomas Jung, Kishore Kakarla, Lucia Subatin]SAP TechED 2019 Las Vegas [Thomas Jung, Kishore Kakarla, Lucia Subatin]

Thanks for sharing @former_member41503 - great photos! You must have enjoyed the event in Las Vegas.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

fabianl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Some pics from #TechEd2017 Barcelona ... 😉

@grassl "Developer Keynote talk" ... in these time all about SCP 😉

grassl.png 

Funny "beer keg hack" after official TechEd schedule with @cyclingfisch@christian.drumm, @christian.braukmller4 

teched.png

Party time with @sveabecker , @mynynachau@RolandKramer and ... #Capra 🐐

teched_party.png

Final myself but definitely a bit younger ...

me.png

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Oh my... definitely some years younger 😅 (me, too)

Thanks for sharing, that was really a great SAP TechEd in 2017 in Barcelona 😁 

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

FrankDensborn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

SAP TechEd signs on The Strip before the big partySAP TechEd signs on The Strip before the big partyMy first SAP TechEd was in Berlin in 2010. But for me, the real fun started with the annual TechEd conferences in Las Vegas one year later. In 2020, it all came to a halt with the pandemic and now, we'll be back with SAP TechEd Hands-on Lab in Las Vegas. I am super excited!

My favorite memories were definitely from the event in 2018, when I was wearing two hats: I had a hands-on session for SAP S/4HANA data migration and one for the SAP AppHaus, as well as show floor time at the respective booths, where we had tons of fun!The SAP S/4HANA Product Management teamThe SAP S/4HANA Product Management team

If you want to see me in person this year, check out my blog post about what I'm up to November 15-16.

SAP Community Lounge whiteboard with the current head of the SAP AppHaus Palo AltoSAP Community Lounge whiteboard with the current head of the SAP AppHaus Palo Alto
Presenting my new SAP S/4HANA Migration book at the SAP PRESS boothPresenting my new SAP S/4HANA Migration book at the SAP PRESS boothDesign Thinking session at the SAP AppHaus interactive boothDesign Thinking session at the SAP AppHaus interactive booth

lsubatin
Active Contributor

Hard to choose from so many great memories... but here we go!

I think this was Vegas, while we were setting up the booth with @qmacro 

Setting up the booth with DJ (and Tom in the back)Setting up the booth with DJ (and Tom in the back)

My Google Cloud booth buddies, Kevin Nelson and Casey West

My TechEd booth buddies, Kevin Nelson and Casey West from Google CloudMy TechEd booth buddies, Kevin Nelson and Casey West from Google Cloud

@former_member39 , @grassl , @jimjaquet and Mike Eacrett hard at work completing missions in Barcelona

Craig Cmehil, Helena Losada and Thomas Grassl hard at work on a developer mission at the AppSpace in BarcelonaCraig Cmehil, Helena Losada and Thomas Grassl hard at work on a developer mission at the AppSpace in Barcelona

A well-deserved celebration drink on the Las Vegas strip after working hard to deliver sessions and developer missions with @RichHeilman @thomas_jung and Meredith Hassett

A celebration drink on the Las Vegas strip  after successfully delivering sessions and educational contentwith Meredith Hassett, Rich Heilman and Tom JungA celebration drink on the Las Vegas strip after successfully delivering sessions and educational contentwith Meredith Hassett, Rich Heilman and Tom Jung

My first ever TechEd, as an attendee

My first TechEd ever, as an attendeeMy first TechEd ever, as an attendee

Some acro yoga with Casey to close the event at the Developer Garage

Some closure acro with Casey and finally got Craig Cmehil and VitalySome closure acro with Casey and finally got Craig Cmehil and Vitaly

0 Kudos

These are great photos @lsubatin and fun!! Thanks so much for sharing.

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate
0 Kudos

Sigh... @lsubatin so cool to see all your memories. I can definitely remember some of these, too. We all had such a great time together 😊

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Almost similar... my SAP TechEd 2022 experience 😅

TechEd_2022.jpg