SAP Women in Tech Blog Posts
Join the SAP Women in Tech group to share your experiences and connect with the community. Read and write blog posts to learn from and inspire colleagues and peers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member3693
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Ada Lovelace, Grace Hopper, Katherine G. Johnson – all examples of female pioneers who revolutionized the tech industry. Without these women, the IT world would look very different today, yet for many decades these brilliant women fell under the radar.

Over the past years, a variety of initiatives have emerged to encourage girls and women to pursue a career in STEM fields (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), and to give visibility to those who are already in STEM. Yet, to this day they are still particularly underrepresented with women only making up 33% of the STEM workforce worldwide, showing us that we still have a long way to go until we reach gender parity in STEM.

At SAP, we aim to stitch the gender gap– and that’s what SAP Women in Tech is here for. With the combination of our vision and goals, we want women from all educational backgrounds to become aware of the endless opportunities in tech, to see it as more than just being a developer or coder, and to understand that regardless of the role you are in, all women at SAP and in the tech space are women in tech.

SAP Women in Tech also aims to advocate and create opportunities for our female experts. And therefore, we need you!

Building strong relationships within SAP and the tech community, while creating ties with your colleagues and other experts, can lead to not only personal growth and development, but strengthen all women in the tech industry.  Active communication and networking are essential to showcase how important and impactful women are in the IT field, and let’s not forget the men – male allyship is an important step in making gender parity in tech a reality. Just like we cannot truly progress in society and tech without representing half of the world’s population, we cannot bring change without the support of the other half.

Here on our community page, we want to support your career through our many resources and offerings, as well as interact with you and give you the chance to express yourself.

14 Comments
MartinMysyk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Congratulations on launching this community. It will bring focus and attention and raise awareness for Women in Tech.

Gema
Explorer

Thank you everyone!

I believe in a society based in the colaboration between people, with mens and women.  📢 Together sum and we are able to do great things. 

There are many opportunities to work for women in computer area and we have the possibility to conciliate with our personal and familiar environment. We have great references, at the past as Hedy Lamarr or in the present.

Thank you for create this community.

Kind Regards,

Gema

salmendi86
Discoverer

Hi everyone,

I am new to the SAP community and I am glad to find this blog encouraging all woman to step up and be visible.

I am 36 years old and a mom of two beautiful girls. For me it was and still is difficult to find an opportunity to really be visible and to make a difference regarding my carrier in tech.

For the 1st time I found a courage to say “hi” in an anonymous world. Finally J

I would appreciate any support, guidance, advice, opportunity or interesting blogs 😉 from all of you.

Thanks for creating this community.

With kind regards

Diana

audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, all who have commented so far!

@Gema I agree, collaborating across gender boundaries is indeed synergistic.

@salmendi86 Isn't it exciting to speak up and let your voice be heard in the community? I'm so glad you took that step. Don't hesitate to keep doing so. There are amazing women in this community (so many examples that I'm not sure I should mention, but I will tap on @TammyPowlas  and @keohanster on the shoulder to start) and we will all lift each other up.

--Audrey

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

@audreystevenson You've lifted me up so many times - thank you for the tap on the shoulder.  For sure I miss working with you and @caroleighdeneen (we've never even met in person).  I hope you are both well

Usharsree_7999
Participant

Dear Team,

Glad to join the SAP Women in Tech Group today.

I would like to say hi to the SAP team.

I have been working as SAP PI/PO/ABAP consultant for past 15 years in different countries India, UK and Oman besides being a mother of 8 year old boy.

Thanks for encouraging and motivating all the women in SAP world.

Hope to see more and more interesting articles. 😊

Thanks,

Ushasri.

MiriamLB76
Advisor
Advisor

Hello everyone! 

Happy to be part of this community. I've been working in the Tech Industry for the past 16 years although my background is not exactly technical. That's probably the reason why I did not join this community before, just because I felt that I was not a good fit because of my non-tech degree. It took me many years to realize that Tech companies won't be able to move forward without creative, "out of the box" thinkers,, good communicators employees ...to name just a few skills.

So here I am today, joining this community and ready to contribute and get inspired by so much talent around me! 

The "We are SAP Women in Tech" video is been a revelation for me!

Thanks for synthesizing this concept so well 🙂 

MIriam 

Maren_Meyer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @former_member3693 and Women In Tech community! I love to see this group here coming together:-)

I am part of the organizing team for Women in Data Science @SAP and truly believe that we need more representation of women, and other diverse groups, to ensure that we improve the world we live in. Only by integrating different perspectives we can reduce the bias in the code that makes our world run. I just published a blog post about my insights in the topic. Maybe this is interesting for someone? I´d love to hear your opinion on it: https://blogs.sap.com/2022/04/19/why-we-need-girls-and-women-in-data-science/

And if you support this topic, maybe you are interested in joining our Women in Data Science conference on May 25. Registration is for free: Women in Data Science @ SAP on May 25

MariaSouza
Explorer

É maravilhoso, ve muitas mulheres tendo muito mais independência, profissional e sendo capaz de passar tudo isso para outras, tendo essa troca de experiência. Parabéns 

0 Kudos

Great community and I’m so proud of being a part of it ❤️

Manjushree
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos

Insightful

namita_ganame
Explorer
0 Kudos

Great!

mdemo
Explorer

As someone new to the SAP community, I'm thrilled to see the emphasis on the Women in Tech initiative. It's crucial to acknowledge the invaluable contributions of women in the tech industry and work towards achieving true gender parity.

prakritiparihar
Associate
Associate

This is a really exciting space on the SAP Community page. 
Looking forward to contribute here