SAP Women in Tech Discussions
Join the conversation in the SAP Women in Tech group or start your own discussion to share your thoughts, connect with the community, and build your network.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feminist Mentoring

sarahborda1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi community!

I ran into a really amazing concept recently through She's the First: Feminist Mentoring! how have I never heard of this before??

"Feminist mentoring is the exchange of energy and ideas between feminist mentors and their mentees which in turn rejuvenates and re-energizes the feminist movement through intergenerational dialogues and conversations- Feminist mentors and mentees identify and share the ways both of their lives have been and are impacted by being women in a society that devalues and oppresses women"

This is such an important concept many should consider including in their mentorship relationships! So if you are mentoring someone who identifies as a woman or you are a mentee, please take this into consideration. She's the First has prepared a great toolkit below to get you started on your feminist mentorship journey.

A little background for you on She's the Firstthey are a community of advocates and changemakers who believe that every girl, no matter where she is born, deserves to be educated, respected, and heard. All over the world, girls are treated as second to boys, so they have made it their mission to put girls first. 

Make sure to also check out She's the First on their website for more information!

I would love to hear your thoughts, have you heard of this concept before? and if yes, have you implemented it before?

Feminist Mentoring tooklit image.jpg

1 REPLY 1

kaitlingorman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

@sarahborda1  I have not heard of this concept before. I love the concepts of being a mentor for all life aspects as we are all human, not having to be an expert in order to still support others, and to encourage challenging traditional systems instead of adopting to the way things are. Thank you for sharing!