SAP Women in Tech Discussions
Join the conversation in the SAP Women in Tech group or start your own discussion to share your thoughts, connect with the community, and build your network.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Podcast episode for Girls in ICT day- "Empowering young women in ICT- from a young in ICT"

sarahborda1
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I have always believed in being vocal, as it was best said by Maggie Kuhn, “Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes”. So, in celebration of #girlsinictday , I had a chance to sit and talk to Tomas Lamanauskas on his podcast #TomasListens. 

Listen on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4J1UuozjBNQfS6p5HsYKBE

I talk about why I am passionate about women in technology, what obstacles exist for women in ICT and how we can address them, what I do at #SAP  and #SAPWomenInTech , and I also touch on how and why we need to involve young people in the business and policy world in a more meaningful way. These are all topics I have been passionate about for a long time. I want to see more women in ICT, and I want young girls to see this as an industry worth venturing into. ICT is shaping our future and women need to be equally represented so we make sure we are shaping a future that also serves our interests. In many parts of the world, this is not even close to the case and women remain globally underrepresented in ICT. 

I sincerely hope our society takes a culture shift sooner than later, and I know we have been moving in the right direction...but has it been enough?

A big thank you to Tomas for giving me the chance to talk about these topics on his platform, making it a topic of discussion is the first step to creating a better world that discriminates against no one.

1 REPLY 1

former_member5426
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Great Podcast Sarah! Thanks for sharing 🙂