cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create approval process for purchase requisition changes in SAP Ariba Procurement

MABecker
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am looking for examples or best practices in how to edit an existing purchase requisition approval process in SAP Ariba Procurement to support change orders. What would be the options for Approval Rules, Filter Rules, and Approvable Edit Rules to support modified approvals for a requisition in Ordered status. I am not looking for an exhaustive list; just an example or two of best practices.

For example, I have heard there is a condition that can be selected that basically, "says that the original conditions are valid only for the first version of the requisition." What field or predefined condition would this be? I am not currently seeing a field or predefined condition that would fit this description.

Additionally, would this condition be applied for all nodes or would you need to create this condition for every node in the original approval flow?

I have looked for documentation or examples to support setting up the approval process for a requisition change and do not seem to be able to find anything on this aspect of the approval process. Can an example be provided or a reference provided where one can better learn how to setup an approval process that supports change orders for purchase requisitions?

As an example of what would be helpful to see, what could the approval process look like for a requisition change where you would want to keep the approval in place only for requisitions changed by more than a certain threshold, such as a 10% increase for a line item or total cost? If below this threshold they would auto approve.

Thank you!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)