Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a freight order for a service item in TM

JaanaK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am testing a concept of sending service materials to TM. Service materials are not usually relevant for transportation, but I have been asked to explore this option by a customer.

In the test order there are both finished products and service materials, but the TM document flow in the delivery shows that freight units have been created only for finished products, not for the service materials that are also on the delivery.

I found some OSS notes related to ERP-TM integration of services, but nothing quite relevant yet. In the material master TM-relevant fields like transportation group and loading group have been maintained for the service items.

Is there anything in TM side that needs to be done to allow the creation of freight other for service items?

Kind regards,

Jaana

chris_SAP
Participant
0 Kudos

We have the same issue. Have you find a solution ? Exit or change of configuration ?
Thanks for your feed back.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JaanaK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your reply.

I have created a new item category for service items that should be sent to TM. We have also other customer-specific item categories for finished goods and for these freight units are created automatically. What does not work is creating a freight unit for a service material.

Currently the default value in XML file is blank. How can we adjust the XML manually? What are the steps to change this?

With the enhancement, which flag (technical field) will be changed? If the modification of XML works, do we still need to change the BADIs?

Kind regards,

Jaana

sarah_moes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaana, please check the GoodsMovementRelevanceIndicator in the item segment of the IntracompanyTransportationRequestRequest_In XML. This needs to be set to "true" for the product to be plannable on a freight unit. This is populated based on the item category configuration in ECC, but I have overridden it previously for a customer-specific scenario.

You can test by adjusting the XML manually and loading it via SPROXY.

If it works for you, then you can make an enhancement to change the flag in both the sales order and outbound delivery BADIs (TRS0/TRD0 output):

OPS_SE_SOC_BADI_FILL

SHP_BADI_FILL_XI_MESSAGE

0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

I'm dealing with a new implementation of SAP TM Basic Shipping / shipper scenario embedded in S/4 HANA 1909 where a similar situation came up:

• We've created an inbound delivery referenced to a Purchase Order where there is no material number but only description at item level, because it is a service item which represents a non-stock material. Of course quantity and weight data have been added.
  • At customizing activity 'Define Transportation-Relevance of Delivery Documents' I've created relevant entry.
  • It seems working as on Inbound Delivery header I can see the TM status tab, but it doesn't show any created Freight Unit.

I've checked the relevant Freight Unit Building rule, but at first sight I was unable to recognize the missing or even wrong point.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you and Best Regards,

Tamás

sarah_moes
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Tamas,

Freight unit building will only be called if the delivery item is relevant for goods movement. In standard, a goods movement type is not assigned for service items since they are not quantity relevant. Please check the item category configuration for this.

Alternatively, since the item is shippable with quantity and weight, you could use material type UNBW which is non-valuated but quantity relevant. Freight unit building would work here.

Sarah