Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM RF Bar Code

catia_silva
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

we are setting up RF and we have a business requirement to read different types of barcodes per warehouse.

According to SAP documentation:" the bar code specification is maintained in Customizing for SAP Extended Warehouse Management (SAP EWM). You do this in Customizing for Extended Warehouse Management by choosing Mobile Data Entry Maintain Bar Code Specification."

However, checking the customizing it is only possible to assign one AI Type ( Bar code ) per warehouse and my requirement is to assign multiple.

I opened an SAP incident , but I didn't get any answer so far. Does somebody have an idea how to accomplish this requirement ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member577216
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Catia,

Hope you are doing well!

I am answering late so that other can also be benifitted with this.

in S4 EWM 2020 SAP released one BADI- /SCWM/IF_EX_BARC_DECODE~DECODE

Where you can put your own condition based on runtime you can change your prefix, I did the same and our warehouse is able to scan 2 types of barcode in the warehouse, but yes you can configure only one type of prefix in the configuration(that dosent matter) if your abaper is good he will do it, the BADI will be triggered only when it find the prefix string, for simple value it will not trigger.

0 Kudos

Hello,

May I know the following solution for this?

Is that any enhancement from SAP to fix this issue?

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello catia.silva

It's not possible to assign different bar code types to a single warehouse and I don't think SAP OSS is going to provide this feature. Honestly, it'd very hard to implement because of how would you like to decide which bar code type to use? In my opinion one bar code type should be enough to accommodate all the requirements.

You may consider using the /SCWM/EX_RF_BARC_INIT BAdI to influence the specification of the bar code AIs.

I might be able to help you more if you provide the details of what you are trying to achieve.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

Daniil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honestly, it'd very hard to implement because of how would you like to decide which bar code type to use?

It can be done based on barcode Prefix, for example, or based on a length.

But I agree, usually it is only one.