cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm coming straight out of college into the SAP world [ NEED SOME TIPS & ADVICE]

0 Kudos

I have been use to MacOS for quite a while now.

Is okay for me to use my personal laptop and company's laptop in the office?

I'm thinking of using the company's laptop which has windows to do hands on the system (IBP) instead of VM on my personal laptop. I would want to use the personal laptop for other day to day activities like writing mails, making presentations, managing my calendar, taking down important notes during meetings with clients.

Please do provide your valuable input.

Thanks & Regards

Hamza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member117
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hamza,

it's usually defined by whom you work for (BYOD policy and so on), and depends on whether you can access MS, Google, or whatever office applications your company has subscribed for from a personal pc.

My personal opinion: if you are full time, try to keep work separated form personal devices - it may be better for your mind on long term. If you are freelance or have part-time / have occasional contracts, it may be ok to do some stuff on your personal device (with VM and so on).

Br

Geri

0 Kudos

Hey Gergely,

Thank You for sharing your input.

Make sense to me. Also, do you have any suggestion on what I can do to make most out of this SAP forum. I use to be quite active on Reddit. On Reddit people use to have all sorts of discussion unlike here. So far I have mostly found posting technical issues and their solutions.

former_member117
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hamza,

you see it correctly, its more of a problem solving / consulting platform.

For more general, coffee corner-like topics online you can try:

https://groups.community.sap.com

Br

Geri