cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Builder is building Non-Stackable Packages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using package builder functionality to build a pallet. The master data maintained is that each pallet can contain 25 Cartons (which make the package complete). However in spite of complete package, all packages are marked as non-stackable. Maximum stacking factor of 5 is maintained in Additional UoM in packaging material (as suggested in SAP Note 2699122 and this note is completely implemented. Further both the pallets and the product have maximum stacking factor maintained (made stackable). Still the package builder is building non-stackable packages

Request suggestions on this issue

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

Sorry for late reply. I was away attending some emergency. We are on embedded S4 HANA TM 1709. Package builder is determining spli quantity based on following conversion maintained in AUoM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sarah,

Thanks for your response here. Please find attached screenshot. Surprising even the full pallet is shown as 'Incomplete'. What could be the reason for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

Further to update here, when I run the report /SCMB/Test_PB< in the log, I see message "Package building not possible for 000000000004000010 1.000 PAL; no package type assigned".

sarah_moes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There have been many notes for the package builder. Which SCM_BASIS release and support pack level are you on?

I see the package builder determined a split quantity of 20. You can check how it is determining this split quantity by debugging method DETERMINE_ITEM_SPLIT_QUANTITY in class /SCMB/CL_PB.

Regarding the packages marked Incomplete, these are identified in method CREATE_PACKAGES_FOR_PRODUCTS.

Both methods first check height, then weight of the packed item versus the maximum allowed for the package material.

sarah_moes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Could you run the test package builder program /SCMB/TEST_PB for this scenario and show the output?