Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSC Putaway Strategy to be applied in 1st WT

AmitG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have warehouse layout as below and have configured POSC. Whenever unloading is posted for IBD, 2 Warehouse tasks are created, 1st WT assigned to fork lift that moves HU from Gr zone to interim area bin (INR1, INR2...etc.)in front of each racks, then from interim area bin moved to bins on individual rack by another specialized forklift by 2nd WT.

I have to however need strategy (or some way) to identify the interim bins, as right now I'm just including fixed destination bin for 1st WT as a common bin (eg. INR1) which is fixed. We want system to determine these interim area bins by itself, such that the bin selected is always in front of the rack in which final putaway happens.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Amit G.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

that is clearly a LOSC related scenario, not POSC.

POSC has no setting where depending on the final destination the interim destination can be found (maybe for deconsolidation, but not for other steps).

What process steps do you have? And you really create the final WT already with the first one?

Brgds

Juergen

---

All the above is no official SAP statement.

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses: https://training.sap.com/trainingpath/Applications-Extended+Warehouse+Management-EWM+in+S4HANA

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/learninghub

And it is EWM. NOT eWM - Duh!

And if your question includes the word "transfer order" - do NOT tag the question with Extended Warehouse Management!

AmitG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi juergen.pitz ,

Thanks for quick response.

All the bins, doors and interim areas are on the same level ( ground floor only). The steps Im using are UNLD and PTWY. Once I create unloading WT for IBD, 2 Warehouse tasks get created. The final (2nd) WT is created and in inprocess status...after confirming first WT it gets in open status.

Below is more practical picture. There are 7 racks (only 3 shown in pic). The area on each side of the aisle is defined as interim area bin which needs to be determined by SAP in 1st WT ( My exact question). The HU, seen as red dots in pic below, is placed in rack bin by 2nd WT ( based on putaway strategy).

We are searching for solution where the interim area bin is suggested based on final destination bin's rack.

Regards,

Amit G.

Andreas_Mergler
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

as Jürgen suggested you should try LOSC.

If you customize something like this (0080 being your high rack and 0081 being your interim bins) you should be able to achieve what you want:

I guess you will need to work with destination storage groups to properly assign your interim bins to your aisles / racks.

That should work in combination with your POSC settings (to be verified).

If you can work without the unloading step you might be able to get away with POSC altogether.

Let us know what worked for you in the end.

Best regards

Andreas

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Again, this is no POSC scenario, this is LOSC.

Other then Andreas suggested, I would NOT use an ID Point, that is a bit different, as this will not create the WT to the final bin by itself.

If your first step is unloading, this would go from the door / TU to the GR-Zone bin. The second step, putaway, would create the task to the final bin, then LOSC would jump in and create the WT for the interim bin.

"The final (2nd) WT is created and in inprocess status..."

That is not inprocess, but inactive.

But why do you create the 2nd WT immediately? That is not really recommended, this is only necessary if you plan a deconsolidation step.

Brgds

Juergen

AmitG
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen and Andreas,

I'm working with LOSC for this (without ID point). I will keep you posted once completed with the solution.

Regards,

Amit G.