Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the source storage bin in WT during picking confirmation

burakkf
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I understand that this question has been raised a few times before, but there might have been changes in recent years.

Currently, we are in the process of developing a custom integration between an external warehouse management system and EWM. Our goal is to initiate the picking process in SAP by creating a picking warehouse task. Relevant picking data is then transmitted to the external system, except for the source storage bin and handling unit as we prefer the external system to manage the picking strategy.
Once the physical picking is complete, the external system informs EWM about the picked source storage bin and HU.

During the confirmation of the warehouse task in EWM, our aim is to replace the initial source storage bin in the WT with the actual storage bin.

Is this possible? If not, what would you recommend as the best approach?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Burak

View Entire Topic
JonDiegoli
Participant
0 Kudos

It might be possible using BADIs (such as /SCWM/EX_CORE_CO_IMPORT - not sure if source bin is available as a component in standard) but why would you have specific bins in EWM if they are being managed by a different WM system? Simply changing the source bin creates a number of issues, such as how you manage your available quantity checks, etc.

Personally, I would use generic bins to represent the external WM system.

burakkf
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.

Working with generic bins has been discussed but in order to be able to continue to carry out an inventory for a storage bin in SAP as easily as possible, my warehouse colleagues want to keep working with specific storage bins in EWM.