Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filling up free capacity with producing requests earlier than the latest date

jo_lauerer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, 

having the following request. 

Capacity in the production was estimated to high - but the employees cannot be sent home, but production should produce requirements earlier. IBP usually produces at the latest possible date. Can it be defined via a parameter so that requirements are brought forward (= produced earlier) within a defined time horizon in order to utilize the free capacity. With the effect that produced goods lay in the warehouse a little bit longer. 

Is it possible to customize this in IBP-order-based - in which Fiori-app?

Thanks.

Jo

View Entire Topic
hamzamujeebk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

Absolutely, I understand your requirement and there are ways to address it within SAP IBP. Here's a solution for you:

1. **Adjusting Production Horizon**:
- In SAP IBP, you can adjust the production horizon to bring forward the production of requirements within a defined time frame. This can be achieved by adjusting planning parameters such as lead times or scheduling policies.

2. **Utilizing Free Capacity**:
- By bringing forward production, you can effectively utilize the free capacity in production without affecting employee schedules.

3. **Customization in IBP**:
- This customization can be done using planning profiles and scheduling parameters in the IBP Order-Based Planning application.

4. **Fiori App for Customization**:
- The Fiori app you can use for this customization is the "Maintain Planning Profiles" app. Within this app, you can define planning profiles and set parameters related to production horizon, lead times, and scheduling policies.

5. **Defining Time Horizon**:
- Within the planning profile, you can define the time horizon within which you want to bring forward production. This allows you to specify the period during which requirements should be produced earlier to utilize free capacity.

6. **Impact on Inventory**:
- Adjusting the production horizon may result in increased inventory levels as goods may stay in the warehouse longer. However, this can be managed through inventory optimization techniques within SAP IBP.

By leveraging these capabilities in SAP IBP and customizing the planning profiles accordingly, you can effectively bring forward production to utilize free capacity while ensuring that employees are not affected. Let me know if you need further assistance or clarification on any of these points.

Best regards,
H

jo_lauerer
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi hamzamujeebk - thanks a lot for your prompt feedback. Concerning topic 4 and 5 I tried to follow in my IBP-system - but totally clear where and how to maintain this
jo_lauerer
Explorer
0 Kudos
Opened "Order-based-planning-configuration" -> planning-run-profiles -> Profil: PUSHDEPLRUN -> then I see starting with Demand Selection ... general Parameters --- for me it's not clear where exactly I have to define the time-horizon for bringing production forward? Would be so nice if you can give me a detailed hint - Thanks 🙂 Jo
jo_lauerer
Explorer
0 Kudos
sorry - a mistake - wanted to tell: but not totally clear where and how to maintain this