cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast Consumption at different levels

Hi All,

This is for usage of Forecast Consumption profile which is not enabled for S&OP.

The regular forecast consumption is at Product, Location level. Customer id too can be added.

Is it possible to maintain the forecast consumption at different levels apart from the above?

Say,

1. At UPC level. The UPC code is maintained only at Product level and is not available at MD Product Location.

2. At Subs segment of customer. Again the subsegment is not maintained at these levels.

Has anyone been able to use FC at a level other than the above three of Prod, Loc, Cust id?

Does it require any custom enhancement to be done?

Reference:- Came across an earlier question on the same lines.

Thanks,

Sameer

View Entire Topic
Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

you would need a separate MD type that includes all your elements on which you want to run the FC consumption, so including the segment, and have the consumption profile as attribute attached to it

So if ALL your data are consumed at that level e.g. location-product-subsegment, then you just need the one MD type with the one attribute and attach the consumption profile attribute to the planning area from here.

If you have SOME products where you want to run it on level location-product, and OTHER attributes that need it on level location-product-subsegment, then you need to add consumption profile as attribute to the MD type location-product and another consumption profile attach to the md type location-product-subsegment.

0 Kudos

Am aligned irmhild.kuntze on your first two lines. Did mention the same in the my second post of this thread.

The issue is - Subsegment is maintained at customer level. So, cannot add subsegment to Location Product level since same product (i.e. product location combination) is shipped to more than one subsegment.

When you say to create a new MD type, I will have to append the existing Location Customer Product table with the subsegment so that I can assign the FC mode at that level which I did too. The issue is the FC now works at Customer level due to this. Hence there is lot of noise. Clearly the requirement is to have FC done at Subsegment level only. Hence need the direction for this.

Thanks.