cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gantt chart : How to find the time slot data in Backend.

amrit403
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created two Road freight order From Location1 to location2 allocating the same set of 2 drivers from the first loc1 to the second loc2 for both the FO in FPM. And I see the below time slot allotted for both the driver resource(PFA). I want to find out where do we get the time being allotted to the drivers in the backend as I need to block the resource for certain interval of time once the trip is completed. (Appreciate your help if you could provide insight how could I achieve this too). I am trying to find in the Assistance class of /SCMTMS/WDC_GNT Web Dynpro component.

Regards.

gantt-chart.png

View Entire Topic
former_member194808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amrit,

It seems to me that you want to add some extra time to the FO, because the drivers need for example breaks or sleep in the truck. Have you already looked in Scheduling constraints? (Customizing: Transportation Management -> Planning-> General Settings -> Define scheduling Constraints).

Here you can define for example that after 4 hours driving a break of 1 hour is required or that within 24 hours only 10 hours of working is allowed. So this will extend the duration of your freightorder(and therefore also be visisble in the Gantt-Chart). However it has got it's limitations. You can't for example give the breaks another colour in the Gantt-chart(see latest version of enhancement guide).

Please let me know if this is what you're looking for. In the TM book there some useful screenprints how to set up these scheduling constraints.

amrit403
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mateman,

Thanks for the info, Yes I was trying for a similar condition. If at all, we increase the arrival time of the FO in the backend will the time interval in Gantt chart also increase? I tried by increasing the arrival time but it's not being reflected in the Gantt chart. Any input how could I achieve it?

BR's

Amrit

former_member194808
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amrit,

Below the steps you have to take to make the scheduling constraints work:

1. Create an activity group, e.g. Driving and assign an activity type, also travel

2. Create time constraint(s), below 2 examples, so the first example shows that in a period of 24 hours a maximum duration of 12 hours is allowed for a certain activity. For test purposes I suggest to create a extreme case e.g. after 1 hour of driving 23 hours of rest is required. So maximum duration is for example 1 hour and the constraint length is 24 hours. You will see that after each hour of driving 23 hours is added, the duration of the stages will be extended(and I suppose that it also will be visible in the Gantt-chart).

The second example is a week constraint, it is possible to combine different constraints in a constraint sets.

3. Assign one(enough for test purposes) or multiple constraints to a constraint Set

4. Assign your constraint set to your MTR.

Good luck!