Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data retransfer from IBP to SAP ECC or S/4HANA

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear community,

did someone implement a master data retransfer from SAP IBP to S/4HANA or SAP ECC?

My use case is related to ABCxyz calculation which takes place in SAP IBP. The attributes would be also very useful on operational side to ensure a consistent view and to guarantee an aligned planning approach.

BR, Peter

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Hello Peter, 

There are a couple of ways you can achieve this.

You can either create a CI DS interface whose target is a DB table in S/4 Hana or ECC or you can also use ODATA APIs to extract information from IBP and populate the same in S/4. 

In the latter case, you must write ABAP code with ODATA configuration to use the Master data API. 

Regards

Gaurav

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

thanks for your reply. In general I am clear about how to achieve it. I was hoping for a more concrete approach. Maybe I can frame my question a bit better.

The ABC calculations are done in IBP where the results are getting persisted as attributes on product/location level. This attribute now should now be synchronized back to SAP ECC / S/4HANA, e.g. into field MARC~MAABC. I am convinced that the update should rather be performed by a released BAPI supposed to update the respective master data record instead of a direct table update.

So now it would be interesting to see a data flow example in CI-DS where e.g. IBP: MDT PRODUCT -> transformation/transfer setup -> S/4HANA: MARC
And: Is it mandatory to have the IBP addon installed on ERP side or is it possible to access BAPIs via an installed agent only (if that's is possible at all)?

BR, Peter

0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

If you want to take the BAPI Route, you can call 'BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEREPLICA' in your CI DS agent and populate the required tables with the necessary data to populate the values. This one is a  remote-enabled function module and has been released by SAP to perform mass updates on Material master data. 

Installing ERP Add-on for the same is not a prerequisite for the same.

Adding Table details: you need to populate field ABC_ID in the table PLANTDATA and set the corresponding Update flag in the table PLANTDATAX.

guglanigaurav1987_0-1710209114215.png

Regards

Gaurav