Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material reservations over-supplied with EWM

former_member394223
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're using material reservations to trigger movement of goods from an EWM sloc.

A reservation is created (MB21), and then a pick list (MB26) - this creates a delivery in ERP which is distributed to EWM.

This issue we have is, until the EWM delivery is processed and the message is sent back to ERP, it is possible to create further pick lists and therefore deliveries.

So its possible to over supply against a reservation.

The person managing the reservations has no way to know whether or not a reservation is currently being picked by the EWM warehouse.

Is this a gap in the reservation process?

Any hints or tips appreciated.

Regards

Guy

rahulvsaganeau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you help me with more details aroound this

"A reservation is created (MB21), and then a pick list (MB26) - this creates a delivery in ERP which is distributed to EWM."

Thanks

jlivio90
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guy.

Have you solved this issue?

I'm in a client asking myself how I can transfer material for a PM reservation and so far no idea better than this one. Me and my colleagues thought in a very similar solution but I didn't test yet, would be very helpful if you could confirm that this worked.

BR.

Janderson

0 Kudos

Reservations are system documents that show a requirement for a certain amount of good for production, cost center, and any other need. ...Read More: SAP EWM Certification

View Entire Topic
mario_ecker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guy

I have the same issue. Have you already solved it?

I found the BADI LE_SHP_GN_DLV_CREATE. Maybe you can develop such check in this implementation. But i still hope for a better solution.

Kind Regards,
Mario