cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regions in AI-optimization

VishnAndr
Active Contributor

Dear Community,

We're trying to use regions in SAP FSM. So having the following questions regarding regions and scheduling optimization. I've already read the standard documentation on this topic here: Partitioning

However, I would like to try to clarify a few things:

1. How the regions are considered in the existing standard optimization plugins?
  2. How can they be considered if they are not yet? Does Re-optimization API expose them as partitioning parameter or only skills can be passed as partitioning parameters?
  3. Is there any way to avoid double maintenance of regions and corresponding skills in Persons and requirements in Service Calls/Activities?

Thanks,

Andrei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member391771
Discoverer

Hello Andrei,

regions are sadly not considered by the optimization yet. That means, you need to map regions to the corresponding partitioning skills. As of today, Skills are the only partitioning parameters that we support. It is important to note that the semantics of skills can be anything - so, if you need to partition based on Regions (let's say South, North, East, West) you'll need to create corresponding skills (South, North, East, West) and assign them to the jobs accordingly.
Having said that, we have it on our roadmap to improve that and offer the determination of the Region based on the address of the job and mapping it to the corresponding skill. It's not there yet, however. I suggest you check out our Roadmap for details (this innovation is not yet published, but it will be soon).

So, to provide concrete answers to your questions:
1. you need to create skills for each region and maintain them on the jobs. When configuring scheduling, you maintain those skills as partitioning-relevant in the Partitioning Strategy part of the business rules which trigger optimization.

2. See Answer 1 🙂
3. Sadly, not yet. But we're working on it.

Regards,

Eugenia

mara_sol
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eugenia!

I am currently facing the same issue described by Andrei... Is this still an FSM limitation?

Also, job region and technician's region are not considered in planning widget nor quick planning functions... Technician from Region A is proposed for Job in Region B....

Is there any workaround? Is this going to be considered in future releases?

Thanks

Maria

Answers (0)