Sydney Blog Posts
Find the latest news, discover community events in Sydney, share your expertise on SAP and non-SAP topics, and learn from others via blogs posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeDoyle
Active Contributor

We had a beautiful sunny day for our final Stammtisch of 2022.  It does seem unseasonably cool though, and I spent most of the evening with my jumper (sweater) on, which is unusual for this time of year (I know, I know those of you in the Northern hemisphere might not have much sympathy right now).

The pub we went to - The Squires Landing - is adjacent to the cruise ship terminal in Circular Quay.  On my way over I had to walk the length of the giant cruise ship that was docked. It towered over the pub but it departed at 7pm so we got to see it sail and then we had a great view of the Opera House across the water.

In Australia we take our longest holidays of the year over Christmas and January (because they coincide with summer) and some folks had already begun their holidays overseas, but we did still have a good turn out.  It was especially pleasing to have some new faces (Pavan, Simon, Luke) around the table. We hope to have a better gender balance when we meet again, most likely in Feb when the kids are back at school and everyone's back from their hols.

I'd love to hear feed back about the event. Do you prefer to meet on a different night of the week?  At a different venue? Please share any photos you took on the night.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all....

#SAPStammtischSYD

Walking up to the pubWalking up to the pubNearly thereNearly thereJeff had saved a tableJeff had saved a tableWith Pavan, his first StammtischWith Pavan, his first StammtischThe groupThe groupThe groupThe groupRelaxingRelaxingCruise ship departsCruise ship departs

1 Comment