Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicky20691
Active Contributor
"It's the possibility of thoughts & imagination coming to life, that keep life & (work) interesting"

Yes, folks recently working for customer I was given task to train user to deploy and undeploy CPI artifacts, and all they were interested in undeploying all the artifacts for some task and then deploy all when task is done.

Consider a use case some one setting up artifacts on 2 data centers for 24*7 availability, who wants to undeploy all artifacts when there is planned downtime on one data center and deploy the artifacts in the back up data center for time being. How tedious it becomes for the users to navigate through individual artifacts and manage them.

With this thought I started wondering the ways to make it possible and hence came up with a solution with easy to handle screen.

The solution can be implemented by uploading the the simple i flow developed and take care of following 2 points

1. Configure CPI_HOST_NAME for all receivers

2. There are multiple receivers so configure host in all receivers

• All the URLs use Basic authentication with CPI S-user id (role ESBMessaging.send is necessary for S-User)

• Please create a keyStore for BASIC AUTHENTICATION with CPI S-User and Enter it in the parameter - Credential Name

• Once the Iflow is deployed the URL to call is  http/MangeIflows

And at the end here is the artifact zip which can be uploaded and configured to be used.

Download the Artifact Here!!

Please leave your valuable feedback and as always will reach you all with next blog!!
20 Comments
r_herrmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Vikas,

nice tool and thanks for sharing it. This looks pretty useful. Two thoughts on it and the article:

• Regarding the tool: Could you add a "select all" or "select all on current page" button?

• Regarding the article:

• Could you make the images clickable? That would improve the readability.

• Could you explain in some sentences how the tool works technically/what happens in background?

Best regards,
Raffael
brnalmeida13d
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Very nice tool and thanks for sharing it, super usefull.

I’ve uploaded into our CPI here, but i’m having a CORS issue while the jQuery request try to call the other endpoints.

That’s the message that it’s returning at the console: “Access to XMLHttpRequest at ‘https://XXXXhana.ondemand.com/http/getRunTimeIflows’ from origin ‘https:///XXXXhana.ondemand.com’ has been blocked by CORS policy: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource.”

I’ve read some articles and maybe there is a issue with this parameter Access-Control-Allow-Origin.

Have you already experienced this issue?

Best Regards,

Bruno Almeida

r_herrmann
Active Contributor

Hi vicky20691 ,

I had some time to try your tool now. First: nice application design. Seems like my CPI dashboard was able to inspire you. ? Second: There’s a “bug” in the release. In the HTML code (I decoded the Base64 string) in line 96 you still have a complete url with the domain of your runtime tenant. I think the url variable in line 96 should contain only a relative path like “/http”. Otherwise it’s only runnable on your tenant.

Besides that – one more wish. Could you please externalize the credential name also? “SAP_CPI_BASIC” may not fit to all users naming conventions. By externalizing the credential name as parameter, users could use your tool without disrespecting their specific naming conventions.

Keep up the great work!

Best regards,
Raffael

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Vikas,

Nice blog...

I am trying to upload your artifact but getting below error -->

"Upload of the resource failed. Integration flow project must contain a manifest file."

Can you please share how to fix this?

Regards,

Rashmi
0 Kudos
HI, try by unzipping the File and upload the Zip File in it.

Thanks
rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi bommidala_siva ,

I am still getting same error.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Rashmi
manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I guess you guys are uploading the wrong Zip file, the download link downloads zip file which has another Zip file inside it, you need to upload that file into your tenant.

Thanks,

Manoj
rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Manoj,

yes I am uploading the same inside file in zip format but getting error.

Regards,

Rashmi
manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Rashmi ,

Just to confirm, you are uploading the file with name  ManageIflows.zip into your tenant while Add iflow-->Upload.

Thanks,

Manoj
vicky20691
Active Contributor
HI Raffael,

Thank you so much for your feedback, much appreciated. I was on vacation since last one and half week and couldn't catch up with the comments. Yes I have incorporated the complete URL problem and updated the GIT link.

And yes you are right, I have externalized the parameter for credentials as well

Regards,

Vikas
vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Bruno,

Yes, apologies for late reply this has been corrected and updated artifact has been uploaded. Please re-download

Regards,

Vikas
vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Rashmi,

Thanks for trying for everyone's convenience , i have uploaded the artifact now rather than the package, Please download.

Regards,

Vikas Singh
rasjoshi
Active Contributor
Bingo!!!

Uploaded successfully. Thank you 🙂

But still curious to know why was getting error with package before...

Regards,

Rashmi
vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I discussed personally with Bruno ( who has commented above) and few more folks. Even tried myself and it was working with package itself. But I think it should be useful for everyone , so updated the link with new zip. Please try out the tool, feedback is highly appreciated 🙂

vijay3773
Explorer
Fantastic Blog Vikas and very well explained.

Many Thanks for sharing this 🙂
vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I am glad that people find it useful. Kudos!
brnalmeida13d
Explorer
Vikas,

Thanks for sharing it!

It's working now! Very usefull tool.

BR,

Bruno Almeida
maiconsbr
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Vikas

Do you know if this API also works when using CPI on Cloud Foundry?

Thanks,
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

We are using CPI on cloud foundry. I tried using this package, performed all configurations. But, when I am using manageiflows endpoint, I am getting the HTML screen which is blank. Please find the attached screenshot. Did any one else face this issue? If yes, can you please help to understand the issue and how you have resolved it.

Thank you.

sandhyabalire
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Dear Vikas,

I didn't find artifact to download .Could you please help.

I have QA refresh where i should undeploy all the interfaces.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sandhya
Labels in this area