Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarceloRSilva
Participant
I was looking for an efficient way to help users identify which SAP Cloud Application they were logging into. I learned that you can configure a custom logo for a specific application using SAP Cloud Identity Services by uploading an image.

Logos are an easy-to-identify form of visual communication that can include words, shapes, colours and images.

Logos grab the user’s attention and provide visual confirmation for the application and the tenant the user is logging into.

Consistent branding can improve security. Employees of large firms are often targets of phishing scams through email. Some scams direct users to fake login portals to gain access to the user’s username and password. A logo that identifies an application makes it easier for the user to confirm they are on the correct portal.

To configure a Logo for an Application, follow these steps:

1. Sign in to the administration console for SAP Cloud Identity Services.

2. Under Applications and Resources, choose the Applications tile.

3. Choose the application that you want to edit.

• Note: Type the application’s name in the search field to filter the list items or choose the application from the list on the left.

4. Choose the Branding and Layout tab.

5. Under Branding, choose Logo.

6. Upload an image with the required format to set a custom logo.

• Note: You can use one of the following formats for the image: <name>.png, <name>.gif, and <name>.jpeg. The image must be smaller than 100 KB and with a maximum size of 300x100.

7. To remove a configured logo, choose the Delete Logo button.

8. Save your configuration.

I captured the result of this configuration in the image below, which uploaded different logos for different SAP Cloud Applications to facilitate the identification.

Now users can quickly identify the Application to which they are logging.

For more information, visit SAP Help Portal.

If you find this a helpful post, like, comment and share!

Thank you!
12 Comments
Lkukkadapu96
Discoverer
Nice blog Marcelo
serkansaglam
Active Participant

I love the step-by-step how-to documentation. This is one of them. Easy to follow. Can you upload the images a little larger?

MarceloRSilva
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks, Serkan; I am glad that you liked it. It looks like the images got automatically resized. However, you can click on the images and magnify them to see in more detail the screenshot.
bassuino
Explorer
Great stuff as usual, Marcelo!
CWeatherby
Explorer
Great work Marcelo!
former_member848870
Discoverer
For me, who works with Test Automation, those small details make a huge difference in ensuring that we are testing the right environment. Great job.
CarlosPiffer
Discoverer
Good job Marcelo. Simple, direct, and efficient as always. Congrats.
former_member848941
Discoverer
Thanks for this post! It's really helpful. Good job!
MarceloRSilva
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Igor. It is good to see this information helping different Teams. Thanks for your comments!
o_19865
Discoverer
Great stuff, and the instructions are easy to follow. Thanks Marcelo!
tuliovargas
Participant
0 Kudos
Excellent post, Marcelo!
I'm curious if it's also possible to change the logo on the Launchpad; it would be fantastic if we could customize it too.

SAP Logo change

MarceloRSilva
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Tulio!

I am glad this post has been helpful for you.

If your company is using SAP Build Work Zone integrated with their S4Hana Cloud it is easily achievable. Check this link - https://help.sap.com/docs/build-work-zone-standard-edition/sap-build-work-zone-standard-edition/over...

Thank you,

Marcelo Rodrigues da Silva
Labels in this area