Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bins2
Participant
Prerequisite

• SAP NetWeaver add-on for event enablement is installed on your system.

Part 1: We will create a custom Event Linkage for a Material Change using transaction SWO1 and SWEC.

Part 2: Now we can make use of it in our SAP NetWeaver add-on for event enablement

Introduction to Part 2

After successfully creating our custom event for a material change in Part 1, we can now utilize it with the SAP NetWeaver add-on. This integration allows us to seamlessly push material change events in real-time to the cloud, ensuring efficient and timely data synchronization.

Step 1: Customize outbound object

To configure an Outbound Object for the SAP NetWeaver add-on, follow these steps:

SPRO --> IMG --> Integration with Other SAP Components --> SAP NetWeaver AddOn for Event Enablement --> Connection and Replication Object Customizing

Figure 1 Outbound Object

Step 2: Establish Business Object Event Linkage

After creating our Object Type in Part 1, we will configure the linkage to a Business Object Event.
Therefore, we will use transaction SWE2 and specify our custom Object Type ZBUS1001.
Receiver Type has to be created beforehand as seen in this blog post, using transaction WE81 and BD50.

Maintain the fields like shown in the figure below and click on the save button.

Figure 2 Business Object Event Linkage

Step 3: Test the Event

After a material change occurs, the data will be sent from the SAP NetWeaver add-on to the SAP Event Mesh. To verify if the event was triggered correctly, you can use either transaction /ASADEV/ACI_MONITOR orSLG1.

Figure 3 Business Object Event Linkage

Conclusion

In Part 2, we completed the following steps:

1. Configured an Outbound Object in the SAP NetWeaver add-on for event enablement.

2. Created a linkage between the Business Object (BO) Event and the BO Subtype in SWE2.

3. Finally, we triggered a material change and inspected it in the ACI-Monitor.

By following these steps, we successfully set up the necessary configurations and monitored the material change event using the ACI-Monitor. This ensures that the SAP NetWeaver add-on is correctly capturing and processing the material change data.

Please provide feedback or thoughts in the comment section.
There is a Q&A regarding the SAP Event Mesh.
You can also follow the tags and profiles for more upcoming articles.
1 Comment
jens_sinnigen
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Benedikt - looks I am the first to comment 😉

Thanks for you explanation - it nearly fits my requirements.

Because I have not found an answer to my question I dare to post it here 😉

Is it possible to 'add' custom events (or even standard events) in the SAP AIF?

I just found something about business workflow events here

I think adding this would highly make sense - also just because getting rid of using /ASADEV/ACI_MONITOR for monitoring events.

Do you agree?
Labels in this area