Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dimitri
Active Contributor
In my previous blog, I introduced the Edge Integration Cell, EIC in short, explaining what it is about and what the typical use cases are. It was written from a deploy & monitor perspective. This blog is to give you an idea how it looks like and what you can expect to see. It was written from an EIC management perspective.

It all starts, after installation and configuration (more of that in an additional blog), with an additional runtime, next to the native one.

Now, you entered the Edge Lifecycle Management part. It consists of mainly 3 parts

General – it gives you a brief high level overview of how the edge node is performing. It also provides quick links to the monitoring and logging part.

Diagnostics data – collect diagnostics to perform root cause analysis or to send to SAP for further analysis.
Deployments – make sure the EIC is deployed properly, check the configuration and perform necessary upgrades.

Within the general part, detailed monitoring and logging is available (see links in the screenshot above). When you click on the monitoring link, an additional screen will pop up, showing al lot of runtime data. The screenshots below just indicate a part of it, to give you an idea how it looks like and what you can expect.

Besides the monitoring part, there is also logging available. If you, e.g., need to understand if a specific interface reaches the EIC, you can find it here. The logging part provides a very very detailed view on the in and outs of your edge node.

8 Comments
Punith_Oswal
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Demitri,

Thanks for this detailed blog.

I just wanted to ask if the Edge Integration cell provisioning/activation has any additonal costs or it by default comes along with the SAP Integration Suite license ?

Thanks,

Punith.
Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Punith,

SAP will come with a price update in November. Let's wait for that.
During SAP TechEd, I learned that for each licensed integration suite standard or premium edition tenant, the entitlement of 1 Edge Integration Cell is conferred.

Kind regards,
Dimitri
donadel
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Dimitri

Do you know how can I install it? I looking for installation guidance but can´t find any resources.

I need Edge Lifecycle Management?

Jackson
Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jackson.donadel,

First check the prerequisites (OSS note 3247839).
Secondly, check availability (OSS note 3379690).

Once that is clear, you need a Kubernetes cluster running and get the provisioned Edge Integration Cell connected. Obviously, SAP does the provisioning within your Integration Suite tenant.

Edge Lifecycle Management comes out-of-the-box. Very useful to manage your Edge Node.

Kind regards,
Dimitri

donadel
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you Dimitri, than this is the correct path to use EIC?

I opened a ticket for note 3379690 in BR10 region, we are still waiting for processing.

Thank you for your clarification.
saurabhkumbhare
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Dimitri,

Do you know if it is possible to connect Azure AKS to Tenant on AWs ?

Thanks

Saurabh
Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi saurabhakumbhare ,

Check the OSS notes in the prepare part of this blog

Kind regards,
Dimitri

Labels in this area