Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kohesco
Active Contributor
Following the Data exploration trends I investigated in how to achieve it in WebI. With happiness I look back to the result and the thought it was actually rather simple. Just as the way we like it. It is designed by implementing a whole set of tables and applying element linking. The goal was to be able to have/see more information while selecting a certain dimension value. The input control is not providing such kind of information so we decided to build our own input controls via element linking. In this case it works only by selecting one value per dimension.  Have a look at it

INITIAL screen

• FILTERS bar so we can see which filters are actually applied

• SELECTION SCREEN pane where we fake our input controls

• select Category -> we ranked the top 5 per count of SKU numbers

• select Line -> we ranked the top 10 per count of SKU numbers

• select Price Range -> per count of SKU numbers

• TABLE VIEW where we can see the detailed information

When we select for instance in Lines "Outerwear" we see our selection in the filter space and also we get more information about it, we have the amount of hits (count SKU number) per category and per price range.

We can drill further on price range for instance

By resetting the element links we can remove the filters and explore more!

Get more information out of your data!
4 Comments
former_member250413
Participant
Good idea

Congratulations

mmcisme1
Active Contributor
Excellent idea!   It also makes for great reading - your excitement jumps out of the page.   I love it when an idea works well!

Congratulations - I'm glad to celebrate your win with you.   I do, of course, have to bookmark this for later.   We just aren't using the "newer" tools yet.

Michelle
former_member182521
Active Contributor
Nice idea Koen!

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
Great idea, I used to do this using Input Controls, all the time, this is much better!
Labels in this area