Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tobias_steckenborn
Active Participant
“This year, I’m going to learn something new. It’ll be fun, and I know I can do it.” That’s the thought I hope will run through your mind when you see the task before you.

Small and large businesses alike are adopting cloud computing. Some of you who aspire to become entrepreneurs are thinking about seizing this opportunity. But how do you get started? A developer or consultant might begin by earning appropriate certifications. Let’s start the new year by obtaining five cloud certifications in the next ten days. SAP will cover the preparation. Are you up for our New Year’s Resolution Challenge?

Are you ready to earn the latest cloud certifications?

SAP recently released new certifications for the Extension Suite, Integration Suite, and SAP HANA Cloud. As a developer or consultant, certifications focus on theoretical knowledge and help you show your interest and understanding. A solid understanding of these areas will prepare you for SAP’s Business Technology Platform.

Which sequence will we follow?

Having all five SAP Business Technology Platform certifications as a consultant or developer will give you a complete foundational picture of the platform. By following this order, you will build up further knowledge progressively on a broader foundation with each certification. Suppose you need two attempts to complete a certificate. In that case, you still have a chance to meet all the proposed certifications, or if you need a second pass twice, you still have a well-rounded set of certificates for development.

What you need to take on this challenge

SAP currently offers a new type of Learning Journey for free. It includes everything you need to prepare. The price of on-site training would be up to 2175 euros per training, while the cost of reading the material in the SAP Learning Hub would be less. So let's take advantage of SAP's current offer and utilize the free Learning Journeys.

While SAP offers Learning Journeys for free, certification attempts are not. Today, most people opt to buy, for example, six attempts for the SAP Global Certification Online exam rather than visit an SAP center on-site. These online exams cost 500 euros per 6 attempts in Germany. If your employer is willing to cover these costs, take advantage of your workplace’s education budget.

Time is as important as money in completing this challenge. There is a tendency for people to delay their certification attempts because they feel unprepared. You may feel better knowing you achieved way above the cut score, but much more time will only yield marginal gains. Two outcomes are possible. Either you fail or you pass. There is no middle ground. Our experience suggests that you should prepare for each certification for at least one and a half days. We challenge you to earn five cloud certifications within ten days.

Are you ready to take the lead on your SAP BTP journey?

Maintaining your skills and staying on top of new technologies can and should be a constant process. 2022 should be a year of learning and growth for you! Are you up for the New Year’s Challenge to earn five SAP Business Technology Platform certifications in 10 business days? Let’s get started on a prosperous new year together.
22 Comments
dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Challenge accepted! Excellent plan tobias_steckenborn

For those interested taking the challenge, here is a video tutorial about how to get certified

vivekprabhu13
Participant

Thanks. This is quite a motivational post. Having over 10+ years of SAP ABAP experience, I can see my knowledge becoming obsolete looking at new Job Descriptions. I have decided to make 2022 my Year of Self-Development. This post has enough information to help me upgrade.

Looking forward to getting certified on Extension and Integration Suite along with S/4 HANA ABAP and Fiori.

Phily
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks for the sharing, it's a exciting news, I will try this challenge.
dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

For the video tutorial (by the SAP HANA Academy), see

SriKrishna
Active Participant
Hello Dennis ,

Passed C_HCADM_01 . Thank you 🙂
dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Congrats. Starting the new year in style!
dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Already joined the club?

Here is an invitation to join the SAP Certified Experts special interest group.

https://www.linkedin.com/groups/9050567/
SriKrishna
Active Participant
thanks for the link. will join
pramodu
Active Participant
Thanks for putting all together !!

certification fee need to pay or that’s also waived off ?

-Pramod
dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
At TechEd, a 25% discount was offered to attendees. Otherwise, regular fees apply.
antmanBlue
Explorer

Hej Denys and Tobias !

Greetings from Sweden. I passed C_HCADM_01 on 12th Jan and awaiting the official badge mail from Credly.

Thank you also for the very inspirational  how-to blog 🙂 + this has motivated me to continue with the challenge (although at a slower pace).

Kind regards

Ananth

dvankempen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Congrats, Ananth Great job!
former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
That TechEd discount, unfortunately, ran out on the 31st of December 😞
vivekprabhu13
Participant
0 Kudos
Just wanted to know from the experts if these Learning Journeys alone would be sufficient to clear the certification exam ?

Thanks and Regards

Vivek
tobias_steckenborn
Active Participant
Yes, they are sufficient.
Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Not exactly "5 in 10 days", but I did "2 in 1 week" 🙂

Regards 🤓

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
I think "5 in 10 days" is aspirational 😊  2 in a week is a great achievement.  Congratulations!
Kurusetti
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Ananth,

Can you please help on getting HC450e & HC100e pdf books for certification  preparation ..

thanks,
Kurusetti
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Krishna chaitanya ,

Can you please help on getting HC450e & HC100e pdf books for certification  preparation ..

thanks,
antmanBlue
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

There are two learning ecosystems that you can benefit from . Below is my personal reminder .

One can get official info accessing the main pages of SAP Learning Hub and particularly the Welcome Learning Room  that keeps users informed and supported with their learning experience.

A. SAP Learning Hub

• https://learninghub.sap.com 
    • This is  the subscription based  and most comprehensive training platform. Collaborate  in relevant Learning rooms. You may be interested in the "Welcome Room" .
    • One can access SAP Learning systems to practice skills using pre-configured environments & systems.
    • Learning Journeys here are e-learning and/or e-book based.
    • It is possible to download som e-learning and/e-books as pdf for offline access from your desktop.
    • For  mobile-enabled learning you can also access courses via  SuccessFactors  mobile app for iPhone and iPad app.
  •  

How to get pdf  ? it depends on the type of e-learning  and perhaps the  SAP Learning Hub edition  you have subscribed to.

1. Open the relevant learning journey from a desktop browser:

https://training.sap.com/certification/c_hcdev_01-sap-certified-development-associate---sap-hana-clo...

https://learning-journeys-prod.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/#/learning-journeys/learningJourney/6a5...

https://training.sap.com/certification/c_hcadm_02-sap-certified-technology-associate---sap-hana-clou...

https://learning-journeys-prod.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/#/learning-journeys/learningJourney/11d...

2. Start the e-learning

3. Start the Course

4. In the next window with heading 'Online Course structure' you will find the chapters of the course

5. Click on the first chapter topic

6. You will now come to the card based training.

7. On the top right corner you will find a PDF icon (View/Download Course PDF). Click to download/open pdf

8. You have now all the chapters of course.  Note:  You will not get completion of the course unless you complete all the individual chapters.

Not all e-learnings allow pdf and also not all e-books allow offline download.

You can find a spreadsheet  download of  the entire SAP Learning Hub Content catalog here Content catalog

B. The relevant Learning journeys are also avaiable here:

https://learning.sap.com

• Here, the learning journeys and training courses are free.
    • The learning content for the courses you mention using modern and intuitive interface and the learning topics are broken down into sections.
    • In this site, one cannot access content offline i.e pdf downloads not allowed
    • using SAP BTP Free Tier access you can practice your learning.
    • Some of the SAP Certification Learning Hub Learning Journeys are also here in different format, so you could choose different learning approaches leading to same SAP Certification
    • There are also some specific learning journeys here  that are not released on Learning Hub.

Hope above helps.

Wishing you success in your certification attempts !

#learningneverstops

Thanks and regards, Ananth

Jarmo_Tuominen
Participant
0 Kudos
It is not realistic to obtain five cloud certifications in ten days.
nora_svalbard
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you for the great overview!  I am interested in the C_HCMOD_03 certification, however all the links to HC* courses are not working anymore. Do you know if there are new upcoming courses?
Labels in this area