Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamil_arasan
Active Contributor

Hi Experts,

I will explain the procedure for changing released TR into unrelased TR. i.e; modifiable state. There is no option given explicitly for chaning the released TR into unreleased TR in STMS or SE01 Transactions. we have to follow the below steps.

1. Go to SE38

2. execute the report RDDIT076

3. now, we will get the below screen which asks for TR/Tasks . give the released TR number and execute (F8)

4. Once executed, you will get the below window,

5. first we need to change the task to unreleased. double click on the task number. now, click on the pencil button to enter edit mode.then click on input help on the filed "Status"

6. change the status from "R" to "D" and save

7. now repeat the steps 5 and 6 for Transport request. finally the status column should be in "D" as shown in below.

8. now goto SE01 or SE09, type the TR number and check. it will be in modifiable state.

Once you changed the TR into modifiable, you can change objects in the TR. you have to again release the task and TR.However, once we changed the released TR into modifiable, you can't release the TR again and you will be getting an error "Request <Request ID> has the invalid attribute EXPTIMESTAMP"

you have to double click on the TR, navigate to the properties tab. enter into edit mode. you can see "Attribute" column in the screen.

Select the row "EXPORT_TIMESTAMP" and delete that row. save and come back. now you can release the TR. now the  datafile and cofile will be overwritten in OS level with same file name.

Cheers,

Pradeep

23 Comments
MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Pradeep,

When we release TR then co-file and data-file is created in operating system's file system. The files contains physical objects that are in TR.

What will happen if I change released TR to unreleased  one as per your blog and I will release it later again? Will files be overwritten or there will be new files? If new ones what name they will have as name as per convention will be used already by previously created files. Or will 2nd release fail?

thanks,

m./

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks a lot for your queries. Actually I forgot to add this in the blog itself. Please proceed as follow.

Once you changed the TR into modifiable, you can change objects in the TR. you have to again release the task and TR.However, once we changed the released TR into modifiable, you can't release the TR again and you will be getting an error "Request <Request ID> has the invalid attribute EXPTIMESTAMP"

you have to double click on the TR, navigate to the properties tab. enter into edit mode. you can see "Attribute" column in the screen.

Select the row "EXPORT_TIMESTAMP" and delete that row. save and come back. now you can release the TR. now the  datafile and cofile will be overwritten in OS level with same file name.

Kindly let me know, If you have any queries.

Best Regards,

Pradeep

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok thanks Predeep, this info completes the blog!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Options seems good, but really not able to understand why all these steps? Just we can go ahead and make a new TR by including the objects from the transport which does same thing!

Regards,

Nick Loy

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your comment.  Yeah these steps only helpful if developer released TR or task by mistaken but they don't want to create multiple TRs for one development otherwise it is better to create new TR with same objects .

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Good point but I think this will be helpful during NOTE implementation or Patch up-gradation. If the TR is released and we don't want to create another TR then we can follow this process to make the TR modifiable.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

one more thing: how the unrelease operation of TR would effect SOLMAN in case TR is managed by SOLMAN? Have you tested this scenario?

cheers

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Sorry, I have not tested the scenario as we are not using solution manager for TR management. If possible, kindly check and update so that it will be helpful for me and other readers too.

Thanks,

Pradeep

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately neither do I have no access to SOLMAN environment these days.

Anyone out there who want to try the Unreleased thing described in the blog with TR managed by SOLMAN?

thanks

m./

AnoopMayamkote
Participant
0 Kudos

Good one

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you

seshukoti
Explorer
0 Kudos

nice... thanks Pradeep.. good explanation

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Seshu

former_member190893
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep kumar, Thank u for sharing the Doc. Redards Kumar

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tamil.arasan,

Thank you for sharing this document it is very help full for me.

Regards,

kumar p.

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kumar,

Thank you very much

Regards,

Pradeep

former_member202733
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi! Thanks for the post!

Just to add some info here.

I Don't know in which version you did this. But in EC6 I have to delete another row than EXPORT_TIMESTAMP I have to delete EXPTIMESTAMP too.

I have to do this because I need to back up all TR and those TR are not released. So I release then and do these procedures.

Another obervation, I create a dummy reporte and a new TR, release then and "unrealiease" then and create another dymmy report and add then to this TR, works fine, but when I try to release again I got an error : TK125 - Internal error (editing lock key &1 &2 failed)

I release the TR again and done!

Apologies for my bad Englhish. 

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ronaldo,

Thanks for the information. I have done in ECC 6.0 EHP 4 that is in the Netweaver 7.01. I have not checked this in the latest release. I hope SAP has added one more filed for export time stamp. We have to delete the export time stamp to release the TR again itmay be one or two fields. Thanks for the information.

Thanks and regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos
Really Good One Pradeep...
ayla_asan
Explorer
0 Kudos
no pencil button exists 😞

0 Kudos
hello pradeep

tq for sharing. my question is, is their is any query available for modifiable to released.

thanks in advance.
manikanta98
Explorer
0 Kudos
ONCE YOU DOUBLE CLICK ON THE TASK NO,A POP IS GOING TO APPEAR,THERE YOU WILL FIND PENCIL  BUTTON
Labels in this area