Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinkoch
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Well, are you an SAP expert who wants to share your knowledge? Then watch out! SAP PRESS is the perfect publisher for you. Here you can not only share your experience, but also benefit from numerous advantages – from credibility and publishing support to marketing and promotion. And believe me, I speak from my own experience: when I myself almost failed in my SAP career and was told in 2006 (at one of the largest SAP consulting firms in the world) that there was no future for me in this field, I didn’t give up. Two months later I had a job at SAP! Why go to the blacksmith when you can go to the forger, right? My motto is always: “Never give up”.

In this article, I’ll show you the top five reasons why you should rely on SAP PRESS to publish your SAP books. So, let’s dive into these five points together and share your SAP knowledge with the world! I have written 10 books so far, so i hope that I know what i am writing about 🙂

(This article was originally published on CloudDNA company website in German)

5 reasons why you should become a SAP PRESS author

Share expertise
Hey, so you’ve decided to become an SAP PRESS author and share your SAP knowledge with others. Great choice! But wait, what exactly are you sharing? Don’t worry, we’ll get to that in a minute. For example, you could share your knowledge of SAP S/4HANA to help others implement it. Or you could share your best practices to make using SAP easier. Maybe you even have a funny anecdote or two from your SAP hands-on experience that you’d like to share. Either way, in this section we’ll show you how to successfully integrate your experiences into an SAP PRESS book. So here we go, let’s get your knowledge out into the world and throw in a few laughs along the way!

Increase visibility
You have the SAP knowledge and want to share it with others? Then a book with SAP PRESS is just the thing for you! Because not only will you increase your visibility in the SAP community, but you could also snag new career opportunities. Who knows, maybe your next employer will offer you a job because they read your book and are excited about your incredible SAP knowledge. But be careful: if that happens, don’t be blinded by your newly acquired superstar status and remember that you’re still a normal person. But enough chatter now, let’s look at how you can really become an SAP superstar by publishing a book with SAP PRESS!

Networking
If you’re an SAP Press author, you’re not alone. You have access to a network of SAP experts who all share the same goal: to share their knowledge and help others advance in the SAP industry. And who knows, you might even make new contacts and make new friends! For example, with your published book, you could be contacted by other SAP experts to attend a conference or work on a project. It’s like Harry Potter – when he enters Hogwarts, he finds friends, enemies, and adventures. If you get involved with SAP Press, you may also encounter a magical network of SAP experts. So, grab your wand (or your laptop) and let’s get started!

Personal development

Writing a book for SAP PRESS? Challenge accepted! You’ll gain a lot of new knowledge, get exposed to new technologies and topics, and hone your writing, research, and analysis skills. But hey, who needs a relaxing life when you can instead take part in an epic adventure that will push you to the limits of your mind? You’ll learn how to deal with new challenges and evolve with each chapter. So, grab your laptop and let’s tackle this challenge together!

Reward

Money doesn’t stink, they say. And as a SAP PRESS author, you actually get paid for your work – a real bonanza for anyone who loves to write! Although there’s no guarantee of bestsellers at SAP PRESS, the pay for your work is usually fair and reasonable. If you’re lucky, you can even earn your first million with your book! Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a bit, but the prospect of fair and rewarding compensation is definitely an added incentive to write down and share your SAP knowledge.

Challenges for SAP Press Authors: What it takes to write a successful SAP book.

Becoming an SAP PRESS author is a great way to share your SAP knowledge with others. But before you set out to write your first book, know that there will be challenges. Don’t worry, this doesn’t mean you’re going on an adventure where you’ll encounter dragons and orcs running wild. Instead, you should be prepared to face some difficulties that every author has to overcome when publishing a book. In this section, we’ll highlight some of those challenges and show you how to successfully overcome them. So, buckle up, pick up your magic wand, and let’s tackle these challenges together!

Technical Expertise
Ready to become an SAP PRESS writer? Then you should be prepared for it to be a bit like magic: you’ll need to have a handle on the latest technologies and be able to translate complex concepts into understandable language. But don’t worry, you don’t have to be a sorcerer’s apprentice to become a successful writer! It’s enough that you have a deep understanding of your SAP subject areas and are always up to date with the latest developments. In this section, we’ll go into more detail about what it takes to be a technical genius and how you can turn your SAP knowledge into an understandable book. So, grab your magic wand and let’s tackle this challenge together!

Time Management

Well, do you feel like writing a book? Don’t worry, it’s not a walk in the park – it takes time and commitment. It’s like running a marathon – you need to set realistic goals and milestones to make sure you reach the finish line. After all, you don’t want to give up in the last mile and be left on the side of the road. Realistic time management is key to getting through the workload and finishing the book on time. So, grab a cup of coffee or tea, grab your calendar, and let’s tackle this challenge together!

Research
To write an SAP book, you’ll have to embark on a veritable research odyssey – a journey through a sea of information that seems as deep and endless as Netflix’s data stream. You need to make sure that everything you write is accurate and up to date. So, make sure your coffee maker is full, because you’ll spend many hours digging through a variety of sources – from books and magazines to online sources and expert interviews. And when you’ve finally gathered it all, you’ll also have to critically analyze the information to make sure it’s accurate. It’s a real challenge, but hey, if you can get through it, you’ll end up feeling like a true hero – and without superpowers!

Writing skills
As a writer for SAP PRESS, you’re a bit of a wizard – you have to turn complex SAP information into clear, understandable words that your readers can understand. But before you wave your magic wands and get your ink flowing, be aware that you’ll need to have a few writing magic tricks up your sleeve, too. This means that not only do you need to be good at SAP technology, but you also need to have a strong grasp of grammar, style, and audience. But don’t worry, you don’t have to be a master of the language to be successful – with a little practice and the right attitude, you can master any writing magic. In this section, we’ll show you how to improve your writing skills to become a successful SAP Press author. So, grab your pen and let’s get started!

Perseverance
Well, do you have the stamina of a marathon runner and the positive attitude of a Zen master? If so, then you’re ready to embark on the adventure of writing a SAP book! Writing a book can be a long and sometimes difficult journey – but don’t worry, I’m here to help you. Together, we’ll tackle the challenges that may come your way. From time management to research and writing skills, I’ll show you how to overcome these challenges and make your book a success. So buckle up and let’s dive into this unpredictable, yet exciting journey together!

Why you should write your books in English and German: The advantages of bilingual publishing

You should definitely think about writing books in German and English! Writing books in both languages offers many advantages that can help you grow as an author. You can reach a larger audience, improve your language skills, and make a name for yourself as a global expert. In this section, we’ll show you why you should definitely write books in both English and German. So, grab your keyboard and let’s explore these benefits together!

NOTE
There is no guarantee that books from SAP PRESS or Rheinwerk Publishing will be published in both languages. Since they are two independent publishers with their own program and marketing catalogs, the publications may remain in one language. However, it is quite possible to publish books in both languages. An example of this is my own: I have written books in English that are now translated into German, as well as vice versa. My tip for anyone who wants to start writing is to start in their native language. That gives you a solid foundation to write in other languages later.

Wider reach
If you’ve always dreamed of your book being read by people all over the world, pay attention! By writing books in both German and English, you have the chance to reach a huge audience and become internationally known. English and German are two languages spoken by millions of people around the world. So if you write in both languages, you can significantly expand your audience and gain more readers. In this section, we’ll show you how to reach a global audience with your books in both languages and take your writing career to the next level!

Increase your market value
Well, ready to conquer the world with your knowledge? By writing books in both English and German, you’ll increase your market value as an author and be perceived as a global expert. This means that you can publish not only in your home country, but also in other countries and regions. This will increase your reputation and give you more opportunities to advance your career. So, what are you waiting for? Show the world what you’re made of and conquer new readers in different parts of the world!

Access to new markets
If you publish your book only in German, you might miss a chance to present your work to a global audience! By writing your book in English and German, you not only reach new readers, but also different regions and cultures. This can open the door to new markets and increase your visibility. Plus, you can focus on different topics and reach a broader audience. So go ahead, hit the keys and conquer the world with your books!

Improve your language skills
Learning languages can be really cool – especially when it comes to writing books in German and English! Because when you write in both languages, you’re not only expanding your vocabulary and improving your grammar, you’re also improving your writing skills. Not only is it fun, but it can also help you develop as a writer and become more successful. So, what are you waiting for? Get out your dictionary and get started!

Personal Development
“Did you know that writing books in both English and German not only expands your audience, but can also help your personal development? By writing in both languages, you can acquire new skills, rev up your creativity, and boost your confidence. Best of all, you’ll learn to think and write in different ways. That means you’ll not only wow your readers, but also perfect your own writing craft. So what are you waiting for? Start writing and expand your skills and possibilities!

Why SAP PRESS is the perfect publishing house for SAP experts

SAP PRESS is the ideal publisher for SAP experts who want to share their experience and knowledge in book form. In addition to a strong presence in the SAP community and broad publishing support, SAP Press offers fair compensation for authors’ work and an excellent reputation in the industry. In this section, we will go into more detail about why SAP PRESS is a perfect publisher for SAP professionals and the benefits authors gain by working with SAP Press.

Credibility
When you write a book as an SAP expert, you want to make sure that it is seen by your readers as a reliable and high-quality source of information. With SAP PRESS as your publisher, you have that assurance. SAP Press has an excellent reputation in the industry and is a trusted publisher known for its high-quality SAP books. So you can be sure that your book will be taken seriously by your readers and that they will trust you as an expert.

Publishing support
SAP PRESS offers support in several areas to ensure that your book is a success. This includes help with the conception and planning of the book, assistance with the writing process, and feedback on your work. SAP PRESS staff are experienced and will help you get the most out of your book.

Marketing and promotion
SAP PRESS has a strong presence in the SAP community and can help authors get the word out about their books. The publisher uses various marketing channels to promote the books and reach a wider audience. In addition, your book will also be promoted within the SAP community itself, which is a very important audience.

Fair earnings
SAP PRESS offers authors fair compensation for their work. The compensation varies depending on the book and the author, but it is usually a worthwhile compensation for the work invested. As an author, you’ve worked hard to write a high-quality book, and it’s fair to receive adequate compensation for it.

Focus on SAP technology
SAP PRESS is a publishing company that focuses exclusively on SAP technology and software. This means that SAP PRESS books target a specialized audience interested in the specific topic you are writing about. So when you write a book on a specific SAP topic, you know that your audience is looking for exactly what you have to offer.

I am currently writing on three more books.

So I am still motivated 🙂

1 Comment
Bushair
Explorer
0 Kudos
Great article. Trigger encouragement
Labels in this area