Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunilchandra007
Active Contributor

Note (27 Aug 2014) : Good to see that SAP is listening and coming up with so many new enhancements :smile: . One of the most common requirement of Message Mapping documentation has been taken care. You can use the feature to export message mappings into Excel sheet with PI >=7.31 SP12/7.4 SP07. For details, please check Exporting Mapping Details as Spreadsheet and What's new in SAP Process Orchestration 7.31 SP12 / 7.4 SP07 .

Are you finding it difficult to document complex PI mappings? Do you think the effort involved in documenting mappings is more than the development efforts? If yes, there are some good tools available already like The easy PI message mapping documentation service and SAP PI : Mapping Documenter that generates documentation.  From now on, we have one more tool MappingMaster :smile:

MappingMaster is an Excel based application that helps generating mapping documentation easily.

Here are some key features that make it special:

1. No need to download xim/tpz/metadata for mapping from IR/ESR.

2. Select mapping with top to down filter with swc, namespace and multiplicity.

3. Local and function library udf can be easily identified with different color.

4. Local udf list is also provided along with code.

You are just 4 steps away. Want to try, here you go!

1. Open MappingMaster and enable macro.

2. Press alt + F11 > Tools > References and select the required library > click OK > close the window.

3. Click MappingMaster button or press ctrl + alt + M > fill up the details > press Login button.

4. Select the swc, namespace and mapping > click Generate Documentation button.

I am sure it will be helpful to you and would save a lot of time while documention.

34 Comments
samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Sunil,

I am unable to select the libraries as instructed in step 2. *****************************************
2. Press alt + F11 > Tools > References and select the required library > click OK > close the window.

References is disabled.

Could you please guide me?

Regards,
Sami.
sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Sami,

There was some issue with that version. Please use v1.1 and let me know if you find any issue.

Thanks,
Sunil Chandra
samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Sunil 🙂

Now I am able to select the referenced libraries.
In a single click it generated the documentation for the message mapping.

Regards,
Sami.
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Sunil,

Appreciate your efforts in creating this user friendly PI Documentor, But I am currently facing the problem "Authentication failed".
However with the same credentials I am able to login to the ESR & ID.

Regards
Varun
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi. I have the same issue.
Do I need special role?
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Sunil,

I believe that using the host name,user name and password in an external tool, will create risk on the client SAP system. Also, if you have seen santhosh's or Daniel's PI documentation tools, no user name/password is required.

Regards
Varun
sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks Varun. The tool is in beta stage and has been tested only with some specific PI versions. For now I request you to report it as a bug in Tracker > Bugs section alongwith PI version and wait for v1.2.

Regards,
Sunil Chandra
sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
MappingMaster is an open source tool that has been designed to read/display PI mapping in your local network/environment, so I don't see any risk involved in using that. If you still find it risky, you have other choices 🙂

Regards,
Sunil Chandra
sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
v1.2 has been released with some additional features. You can try now!

Regards,
Sunil Chandra
sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
No special role is required. Pls try out v1.2.

Regards,
Sunil Chandra
Former Member
0 Kudos
Now it works.

Thanks.

Regards
Luis
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Sunil,

Excellent work done for creating the version1.2 and this mapping sheet no doubt contains all the information in organized format with all the UDF details and Function Libraries. It is working fine now, however at the place of Local UDF the sheet is showing calculate4 or calculate3 whereever there are many UDFs are used in the mapping. For a single UDF it is showing the correct name of the UDF. Is there any limitation for the number of UDFs?

Regards
Varun
PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I have downloaded the zip file from the url... File name: Lets Excel - MappingMaster v1.2.

But, I am not able to find the Mapping master. (Step 1: Open MappingMaster and enable macro)

Please help!

Thanks,

Pratibha

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the file name to "Lets Excel - MappingMaster v1.2.xlsm". Seems that the extension was lost while downloading.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

PratibhaK
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunil.

I was able to dwnld the file and have enabled the macros.

When I try to click on the Mapping Master button it gives me an error pop-up without any error text.

Regards,

Pratibha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I am able to select SWCV,namespace details and all, but documentation is not generating for me. it neither gives error nor documentation. can u pls help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have the v1.3 relase of the MappingMaster but we get an "Authentication failed"-error, while connecting to a XI 3.0. Does anyone have a clue how to solve this?

Thanks and regards,

Miguel

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Even I am able to select SWCV,namespace details and all. But when I select Generate Documentation button, the mapping documentation is not getting created.

Can you check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

do you still support the solution?

I have problem with FixedValues table  - it is not fetched completely, key values are missing.

Beside of that, it is really useful tool!

Thanks

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I have v1.3, I am able to give swcm namescape n mapping name but its not giving document. I am getting below error -

Compile error -

User Defined Type not defined

Please suggest how can I rectify this error.

Thanks & Regards,

Rashmi Joshi

0 Kudos
Thanks Sunil.

I was able to dwnld the file and have enabled the macros.

When I try to click on the Mapping Master button it gives me an error pop-up without any error text.

Regards,

GEETHA

helloanikolkata
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Sunil,

I am not getting the excel file. The link "https://sourceforge.net/projects/mappingmaster/" is not opening properly. How can I get the file?

Thanks

Anirban Dutta
helloanikolkata
Explorer
Hello Sunil,

I got the file Mapping master1.3 excel. When I click on "Generate Documentation", it is giving Compilation error - User-defined type not defined.

Can you please help me on this.

Regards,

Anirban
bert_lemoine2
Discoverer
Hi,

When prompted for the host, did you start with http? If so try to leave it out, only put the host and port itself.

Afterwards you can select SWCV, namespace, multiplicity and Message Mapping. But for me the generate documentation button doesn't seem to do anything (running PI7.5)

Regards,

Bert
philippeaddor
Active Participant
Hi Sunil,

I've noticed that the NWDS mapping export doesn't contain the values of constants (that must be a bug, at least in my version at the moment).

Besides that, the format of your MappingMaster sheets is still better than the one of NWDS export. Therefore I took your version 1.3 and created version 1.4 out of it, including support for PI/PO 7.5 and improvements regarding fix values and others! Do you mind if I'd share it with the community?

Thank you,

Philippe

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
Hi Philippe,

Good to know that you like the format and created a updated version. Although I have updated my local version to support running on Excel 2016, but could not get a chance to test on different PO versions.

Community is all about learning and sharing!

It is a fantastic idea to share it with the community, please go ahead.

Cheers,

Sunil Chandra
former_member390824
Discoverer
Hello Sunil,

When I try to connect and generate the documentation, I am getting below error. Could you please let us know your thoughts?

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos
This function must comply with the reference you imported to your project.

Check Tools > Reference, what's the MS XML version you're using. You may want to import MS XML 6.0, so you can adjust the VBA code to DOMDocument60 (or just DOMDocument, if using MS XML 3.0).
RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi dc01fe2c84194f24b77a64b3dbe421fd,

Did you share the 1.4 version you mentioned? Would you please indicate the path where it's shared?

philippeaddor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael

I just shared it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xrXrr1WPtNEibPXH_yc4QlP74SWN0t3H

Press alt-F11 to open the VBA editor in case you need to make adjustments (or if something doesn’t work). Hope it works for you. Have fun!

I would be happy to hear feedback here from anybody who uses the tool. ?

Philippe

PS: In case of an error popup regarding missing metadata, just click ok and ignore it. It will still work despite this error. An "automation error" after clicking logon means you've tiped a wrong username or password, or the URL to the server is wrong. Please note that only http is supported, no https!

philippeaddor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Besides what Rafael said, you should also download my latest version (just released 1.4.3), see the comment above.

Philippe

former_member587179
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi,

I chanced upon this page because I need an "Excel mapping" from our PI 7.3.

However, we're already on Office 365 and my Excel library is at "16.0 Object Library".

Is that why I get a blank error when trying to run your version?
philippeaddor
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi, I'm on Excel 2016, so I can't tell if it works on 365, sorry.
micdoo
Explorer

Hi Sunil, it's a super tool, respect! Very impressed with what you accomplished 🙂

For all of you who, like me, didn't get it to work at first (because of Excel version issues I think?) & User-defined type not defined. Take note of the following.

1)

Change the reference to Microsoft xml 6.0

2)
Change all MSXML2.DOMDocument30 to MSXML2.DOMDocument60

3)
In method fetchMetadata

ADD:

Dim DoubleQuote: DoubleQuote = Chr(34)
Dim strHeader: strHeader = "<?xml version=" & DoubleQuote & "1.0" & DoubleQuote & " encoding=" & DoubleQuote & "UTF-8" & DoubleQuote & "?>"
txtInputXMLFile = Replace(txtInputXMLFile, strHeader, "")

txtInputXMLFile = Replace(txtInputXMLFile, vbLf, "")

CHANGE:

Set oNode = oXMLDOMDoc.LastChild.LastChild.FirstChild.FirstChild.nextSibling.FirstChild.FirstChild
Set oNodeJava = oXMLDOMDoc.LastChild.LastChild.FirstChild.FirstChild.nextSibling.nextSibling.FirstChild.FirstChild

Regards,

Mike
Labels in this area