Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karanbahl
Active Participant
Hi all,

After the announcement on the blog https://blogs.sap.com/2017/12/22/new-search-for-a-new-ui5-top-5-2018/ inviting design for Top SAPUI5 Applications; we decided to leverage SAPUI5 to build a custom application in SAPUI5 not based on any template; but rather our own dashboard like application which collates information from disparate sources.

We all usually see applications in the standard Master-Detail or Full Screen templates which are very common in the SAPUI5 and Fiori scheme of things.

We decided to digress from the standard templates and tried to come up with our own Dashboard like Apps which are not only interesting and intuitive; but also offer a great integrating platform for data from different sources and styles.

We have made this app called 360 Degree Dashboard which captures data from different sources and gives an analytical view to the end user. The user can also filter data dynamically as per the filters.

We have also integrated third party libraries such as Mcharts, Google Maps etc. for our application. Also, we have built an interesting Poll feature in our app.

Thus, We have utilized the strong SAPUI5 framework to build this intuitive application and deployed it on SAP Cloud Platform; and created a fiori site for its access. You can access the site using the URL for those who want to see it live:

https://flpportal-p1942326342trial.dispatcher.hanatrial.ondemand.com/sites/digidash#dashboard3602-Di...

Here are a few screenshots from the application:

Comments and Feedback are most welcome.

Thanks,

Karan Bahl

19 Comments
mmcisme1
Active Contributor
Hi Karan,

Is the link just a piece of your program?   Because I can see some issues with it if it is supposed to be the entire program. Some things aren't working.

Looking at the pictures on the blog - it looks like a very nice project.

Thank you for sharing,

Michelle
moyalynne
Active Contributor

That spinning Apple 🙂

Thanks for the share Karan!
karanbahl
Active Participant
Hi Michelle,

Thanks for pointing out. It was some issue with the loading of libraries. We have fixed it now, You should be able to see the full site now.

Regards,

Karan
mmcisme1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you! It looks good.  I can't flip back and forth between regional and global.  But it looks very nice!

Thank you!

Michelle
Softwaris
Participant
0 Kudos
Looks very good Karan. However, I also experienced some difficulties between switching between regional and global. It even made the chart flip into a donut 🙂
former_member185511
Active Participant
Cool charts! You might play with colors a bit 🙂 they are very strong, i also had a mock design as below i might publish as well. Due to some company names i had the blur texts.

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
well done, looks very nice... just wondering why you used MCharts rather than... the viz charts? was there anything in particular that drove the decision?
karanshaheri
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Karan,

360 Degree Dashboard looks really good. Spinning apple is awesome. Good to see all the things at the same place. Download option on charts is also great.

Regards,

Karan Shaheri.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan ,

Nice work , can you share your source code pleas ?

Many thanks in advance
former_member585634
Discoverer

Hi Karan,

Thanks for an edifying blog.The charts are really cool.

Thanks

Alisha

Hi Karan,

Really Good Work! Awesome UI experience.

Regards,

Pravesh Shukla
karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Pravesh!
karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Alisha!
former_member253524
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Karan,

Liked it. Very nice UI. It must have taken real hard work to do it in ui5. Please share code.

Regards,

S.Jain
akansal99
Explorer
0 Kudos
Simply Awesome! Appreciate the good work Karan.
karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Ankit!!
rvarelamx
Explorer
0 Kudos
did you use viz charts for this?
former_member185511
Active Participant
0 Kudos

no viz chart is terrible

chandrahas_s
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Could you share the library which is used to design these charts?
Labels in this area