Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brijesh_tripath
Explorer

Overview-

SAP Cloud Transport Management is a multi-tenant-aware application that guarantees tenant separation while streamlining the management of application-specific content and development artifacts. This means that you can use SAP BTP to effectively manage software deliverables across accounts in different environments (such Neo and Cloud Foundry), safely transferring them across different runtimes while keeping tenants unique from one another.

Pre-requisites-

Subaccount -

Integration Suite Subaccount (Alias DEV, QAS and PRD/ DEV and PRD) respectively

1.  Enable Cloud Foundry environment

2.  Entitlement Access:

a. Integration Suite

b. Process Integration Runtime

Cloud Transport Management Subaccount

3. Entitlement Access:

a. Cloud Transport Management

b. Content Agent Service

Set-up details-

Login to the Cloud Transport Management

Navigate to the option Transport Node-

1.png

Check transport node description and set-up-

2.png

Navigate to the transport route-

3.png

Navigate it to Landscape visualization-

4.png

Steps to move Artifact:

Go to cloud integration-

To transport the desired package, click on button Transport –

5.png

Fill in the comment in the space and click on Transport-

6.png

If the export of the package content is successful, then the below message will be popped up-

7.png

To import the transport in PRD, Login into the Cloud transport tenant Click on Transport Node.

Select the PRD Node, then select the transport Request and click on button Import Selected.

8.png

Status of the transport can be verify from column status.

Conclusion-

We discussed how to transport/move the artifacts via CTMS and set-up details.

Related informations-

https://help.sap.com/docs/cloud-transport-management 

https://help.sap.com/docs/cloud-transport-management/sap-cloud-transport-management/what-is-sap-clou... 

Please share your feedback and your thoughts. Write back to me for questions and queries.

Thank you.

8 Comments
MioYasutake
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@brijesh_tripath 

Thanks for sharing this post. I have a small question.

You entered the text "test" when creating the transport request. Is there any way you can view that text in Transport Management UI?

brijesh_tripath
Explorer
0 Kudos

@MioYasutake Comment text will be visible in the description of transport under "transport node --> import queue".

ambuj_shukla
Explorer

Very informative....

ildar_dlw
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a possibility to configure and deploy flows automatically in the destination tenant. As I understand now the flows arriving not deployed, correct?

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@ildar_dlw That is where a tool like Figaf comes into the picture. It also address the concept of view what is changed between versions. 

ildar_dlw
Explorer
0 Kudos

@DG I understand, but what is the reason to use one more tool? While Cloud TMS has probably a 95% match.

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@ildar_dlw i would probably set TMS at 40% compared to what is possible in Figaf in terms of governance. 

nikhil_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing informative blog, looking forward to more 😊

Labels in this area