Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saptechengineer
Participant
Hi...

This is a BTP blog series, where we will discuss the right way of S/4 HANA implementation and ...

Why we should adopt Keep-Core-Clean (S/4 HANA) approach

How SAP BTP helps to keep-core-clean (S/4 HANA)

&

What a Business can achieve with keep-core-clean (S/4 HANA)

In the first blog of this series, we will discuss each topic above at a very high level, and going forward, we will deep-dive into the "How" part, how BTP (Business Technology Platform) helps to achieve the clean core approach and the real-way to transform your digital core.

🤔 Keep S/4 HANA Clean = Keep-Core-Clean

"It's not only about eliminating/restricting custom code inside the core!" 🤫

So, Let's discuss this from a broader perspective!
Why?
Why we should go for the Clean Core approach, especially for S/4 HANA OnPremise implementations?

We generally keep it simple while explaining it and advising the best possible solutions to our customers. For that purpose, we divide Keep-Core-Clean, mainly into three categories.

1. (Keep core) Business Process Clean

2. (Keep core) Data Clean

3. (Keep core) UI/UX simple & Clean

Now the question is...
How?
How to achieve the core clean? Here also, we follow the proven principles, which we implemented successfully for many of our customers. The high-level points of our proven principles are as follows:

1.1 Data Engineering
1.2 Data Analytics
1.3 Data Science/Intelligence

2.1 Process/Business Extensions and Customisations
2.2 Process Integration
2.3 Process Automation

3.1 UI/UX enhancement
3.2 Simplified custom UI/UX

3.3 Modern UI/UX

In the next blog post, I will discuss the sample business use cases and required skill sets to implement the Core-Clean. Mainly the detailed version of the "How to achieve the core clean" part.

P.N - I will also discuss the options on S/4 business configurations and In-App extensions inside the Core.

Before concluding the post, I would definitely like to bring the business benefits out of the clean-core approach implementation in BTP.

What a business can achieve?

• Agility - To serve on-demand business agility, develop custom and enhanced processes or apps within weeks and deploy in production, as and when required.

• Cost-Saving - Cloud cost (cloud credit) is always cheaper compared to the core on-prem-based application and DB servers and computation resources for any kind of custom/enhanced business process and data scenarios.

• Scalability - A scalable data and business process can be achieved easily from outside of the core.

• Innovations - endless possibilities are open outside the core (a good topic for our subsequent post in this series)

• Smooth Upgrade - hassle-free upgrade to new patches and versions of your core (S/4) systems, as you are not customizing the standard package delivered by SAP.

So, the "Golden Rules" of running any business, can be achieved with a keep-core-clean approach with the help of BTP (Business Technology Platform)

"Golden Rules"

• Low TCO

• High ROI

As promised, I will bring more information for our discussions in the subsequent posts.

Till then, if you need any help understanding the Clean-Core with BTP (Business Technology Platform), please feel free to connect (check my bio)

Cheers!

Partha

P.S.Goswami
8 Comments
S0016728925
Explorer
Great blog Partha.

This gives a clear view of What, How and Why  "Keeping Core clean" is important.

Waiting for the next one in the series 🙂
SergioFerrariIt
Participant
Great blog series idea Partha.

You rock!
VijayMutyala
Participant

Hi Partha,

Very Nice Blog.

Thanks.

saptechengineer
Participant
Thank you prajeet . Yes lots of quality blogs/vlogs/interviews are coming up. stay tuned!
saptechengineer
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks sergio_ferrari . I also follow your posts, please keep sharing.

And stay tuned for all quality content 🙂
saptechengineer
Participant
Thanks, vijaymutyala . keep sharing your motivational post in LN, I follow them 🙂
VijayMutyala
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks saptechengineer for that.
former_member4875
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi - Great Point of view Partha ..on How to Make Clean Core .

Regards~

Vivek

Labels in this area