Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dear All,

The blog post comprises of introduction to SAP Analytics cloud and a demo on creation of Model and Story. The ides is to provide an end to end solution where SAP analytics cloud plays a crucial role in connecting to the various data sets and can be visualized in one place.

Introduction:

• SAP Analytics Cloud(or SAP Cloud for Analytics) is a software as a service (SaaS) business intelligence (BI) platform designed by SAP.

• Connects your data, users and ideas from multiple sources to enable fast and confident decision making.

• Allows user to Discover, Visualize, Plan and Predict.

• Analytics Cloudis made specifically with the intent of providing all analytics capabilities to all users in one product

In this blog post, I want to show a demonstration on creating the model in SAP Analytics Cloud along with the Modeling capabilities like data wrangling, Geo data enrichment, calculated columns.

We will further create an interactive story based on input controls having varieties of graphs and chart providing the higher level of information to the lowest level of granularity with linked analysis. We will see more features with Story including formulas.

In this demo, I am considering SAP ISU scenario which displays Number of Installations across the geographical locations and upon clicking each state it will drill down to the Rate Categories, Meter Sizes and the Consumption details.

For the better understanding, I am embedding the video from my channel.

Conclusion:

The above use case provides the information on creating the model in SAP Analytics Cloud and building an interactive story on top of this acquired model. The end to end process of data loading, data modeling and story building involves the capabilities of SAC - Geo Enrichment, Calculated columns, Formulas, various graphs and chart, linked analysis and much more.

This will definitely help the target audience in building SAC models and Stories.

Good luck!
6 Comments
pruthvi_r
Contributor

Great blog Misaq, Thanks

Explorer

Very informative and helpful.

Great Video. Really Helpful. Can you advise how can we convert figures of sales of all India states to rupees? All figures are coming in millions/billions. I want them in rupees. I know by default SAC uses USD but I want to show figures in rupees. Any help will be appreciated. Regards
0 Kudos
Thanks for your feedback. I understand your question is on the numbering system. In Indian numbering system we have Thousands, Lakhs, Crores (and so on) terminology, but the international numbering system comprises of Thousands, Hundred Thousands, Millions, Billions (and so on) terminology.

By default SAC will pick the international numbering and that is the normal behavior.  Having said that, you can definitely handle any currencies, not just USD. If its Indian currency the result would be something like - 5Million rupees.

I hope that answers your question.
0 Kudos
Can you tell me how can i do that ? Any video specifically for Indian Rupees?
0 Kudos
You can try currency conversion - one of the capability we have as part of data modeling.

Refer this video for more - https://www.sapanalytics.cloud/videos/manage-model-currency-settings/

Labels in this area