Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vijay
Active Contributor
I got the opportunity to attend some sessions on SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (RPA ) in SAP TechED 2019, Bangalore and unfortunately the service was not available on trial account at that time to try this out ...

As you might be knowing by now that SAP Intelligent RPA is now available on trail account also and we can try our hands on it for real... wow..its wonderful...isn't it?

Check out this wonderful blog SAP Intelligent RPA – enablement and getting started by lena.grothaus to check the list of assets and enablement opportunities on SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation.

But,before we start building our bots, we need to get our system ready for this. So, in this blog we are going to see what all need to be done before we start using the tool with SCP trial account... so up for it? lets begin...

Subscribe to SAP Intelligent RPA service in SCP

To start with, we need to subscribe the SAP IRPA service under SCP Cloud Foundry trial account

Authorization and Trust Management

Next we need to assign the required roles to the RPA user. Below the available roles in SCP for the same.

Role Description
IRPAAgentUser Runs an agent
IRPASupervisor Monitors all the jobs and the status of agents
IRPASystemManager

Imports projects

Manages and configures packages

Schedules job executions

Creates / manages hierarchies

Creates / manages environments

Monitors all job executions

IRPAOfficer

All IRPASystemManager rights

Runs an agent

Removes references to former employees

IRPAPersonalDataAccess Gives access to job details

So, we first need to create a new role colection of the required roles and assign the same.

Assign, the newly created role collection under the trust configuration

Create a Service Key

To access the SAP IRPA we need the the service key from the service instance.

• Go to the CF Trial subaccount

• Get inside the space

• Go to Service marketplace and click on 'irpa-service-trial'

• Click on Instance

• Create the IRPA service instance.

Note:Do not specify any optional parameters or assign any applications.At the end of the creation process, you enter a name for the service instance of your choice and confirm the creation.

• Generate the service key

With this we have finished the SCP setup.

On-premise Components Setup

Before installing the SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation on-premise components the following prerequisites and system requirements should be met

• You need administrator rights on the system.

• Make sure the following elements are installed on your machine:

• Microsoft Internet Explorer 11

• NET framework 4.6.2 (or a higher version)

• Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package x86 (only for the Desktop Studio, not required for Agent)

Remote Tools For Visual Studio 2019 (only for the Desktop Studio, not required for Agent).

SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation: Desktop Components for Trial

Download the SAP IRPA desktop components from the https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#cloud

Installing SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation On-premise Components

Procedure

• Launch the downloded MSI file execution.The following window will be displayed:

• Select Next.

• Select the components you want to install.You can choose to install the components according to your needs:

• The Desktop Agent installation is enabled by default.Install the Desktop Agent for run-time machines where the automation projects are executed.

• Select the installation of the optional components Desktop Studio and SDK to achieve a complete setup. It enables a full use of SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation: development,orchestration and execution of automation projects.

• Select Installto start the installation.

The installation process may take a few seconds to complete. An authorization request to bring change to the computer might appear.

• Once the installation has been successfully completed, select the checkbox to launch SAP Intelligent Robotic Process AutomationDesktop and click Finish

Desktop Agent Tenant Registration

Once you've completed the installation steps of the SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation setup wizard, you need to register a tenant so that you can execute the Desktop Agent.

Procedure

• When the Desktop Agent Tenant Registration window pops up, enter:

o    the name of your tenant

o    the SAP Intelligent RPA Factory tenant URL you want to connect to

• On Save, login window will pop up. Enter your SCP username or email and password to login

• You should be connected to your destop Agent

Congratulations, you successfully installed the on-premise components of SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation. You must perform a few additional steps to finalize the installation if you want to use the SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation Desktop Studio.

Additional Requirements for Post Installation

Installing a Source Code Compare Tool

• Go to here  to download the latest KDiff3 version

• Double-click the saved executable file to start the installation process.

• Click Next and accept the license terms to continue with the installation.

• Change the default destination folder if necessary and click Next.

• Click Install to begin the installation.

• After the installation progress dialog, click Finish to exit the setup wizard.

Web Browsers Configuration (Google Chrome)

The Desktop Studio installation automatically install the web browser extension for Chrome. You then need to enable that extension:

• Open Google Chrome.

• Click the three dots in the upper right of your browser.

• Select More Tools> Extensions.

• Click the toggle button to activate the SAP Intelligent RPA Extension.

With this we are done with the post installation activities.Let's now check is all is ok!!

Quick Installation Check-Up

This check-up is a quick procedure for validating that the installation is complete

• Start Desktop Studio

• Configure diff and merge tool

• Open the Desktop Studio Settings dialog box via File >Settings.

• Open the Workflow Settings panel by clicking the Workflow tab.

• In the Merge section, configure your diff and merge tool.

• Create a new project using File>New Project.

• Type the project name (for example, FirstProject), type a title and client name.

• Click Save.

• Build the project using Debug >Build.

• Check the output panel. It should include: “Build done : 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)”.

With this, we are all set and ready to build our bots!!! 🙂

Wish you all a vey HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020. Keep Learning and Keep Sharing!!
160 Comments
chandrasekarK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi vijay.sharma4

Yes it is working fine with other technologies. I facing this issue only in web capture. and also i have reinstalled my studio also.

Vijay
Active Contributor
Hi Dilsher,

You need to add all the roles mentioned in blog to the role collection. I can see only one in your screenshots.

Regards

Vijay
former_member6661
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello vijay.sharma4,

I have an error when execute my project, agent shows message (1st step) but then time out

Vijay
Active Contributor

Hi jorge.diaz.nbteamconsulting

Please try including delay in between you actions as screen changes takes some time before the next action.

Regards

Vijay

former_member6661
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello and thanks by support!

I added delay but problem persists.  Message "Hola" is shown but then click on bouton "create incident" not ocurrs and agent show time out

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I guess page pHomeSolman is taking time. Try try further by insert a “wait until” step to wait until pHomeSolman exists...

thanks

Vijau
former_member6661
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Vijau! thanks by supporting!

I think that I have an elemental mistake.

I did a new project with simple steps.

This my application, with an item

This is my workflow

These are my activities

Log shows time out

Regards

Vijay
Active Contributor
Hi Jorge,

I quickly tried it and is working fine for me. Below are the screen of how i did it.Please try with exact steps.

Thanks

Vijay
former_member6661
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello and thanks by support!

I did exactly the same but the error persist... according my log page not exist.  In your log count is 1 and page exist

When I clicking in debug, I see in page tab and page help sap.com not open.  Then I open agent and clicking in SearchSAP, then page help sap.com open but time out ocurrs

Regards
former_member6661
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello! I found the problem! It is needed add SAP intelligent RPA Extension in browser! regards
former_member6661
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello! I found the problem! It is needed add SAP intelligent RPA Extension in browser! regards
Vijay
Active Contributor
Oh ok.. but it was mentioned  under prerequisites in the blog..did you miss that?

Glad,it worked for you now.

Regards

Vijay
sugandhan11
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Evereyone,

I like to open chrome browser using RPI and login into an UI5 using the credentials. Please help me to do this
former_member6661
Participant
0 Kudos
Yes! I did miss it!

Now, my agent is paused... and doesn't project..

yilmazozkn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vibhor, today I had experience same issue and there is no information for it.
Anyway I found the solution ?

Problem is related with opened accounts in Internet Explorer,

Desktop Agent is using Explorer(I think it doesn’t check the default browser) browser to confirm credentials after define a tenant,
So if your different account is open on Explorer, input page is not shown and Agent takes errror.

Solution is that, logout the account in page cockpit.hanatrial on Explorer.

By the way thank you vijay.126 for this great blog.

BR,
Özkan

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I have subscribed ‘irpa-service-trial’ and created a new role and assigned under role collection. But I am unable to find  ‘irpa-service-trial’ under “Service marketplace” tab. Hence not able to create instance and service Key.

I have followed all the steps shown in this blog. please help me.

PFB the screenshot:

I could see SAP irpa trial option under Entitlement tab

TusharNathvani
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi,

I am also facing the same issue.

if you find the solution for this then please let me know how can we resolve it.

Regards,

Tushar
0 Kudos
Hi Vijay,

Your blog post is great - thank for this ... However, I have the same issue as the user above with the desktop agent - it shows Error " Registration Failed" - The factory could not register the user"

I can log into my SCP account fine, so I have no idea what is causing this - I also never have an option to actually log into the desktop agent, it automatically does it so I don't know what user ID/password is being given ... I see that the user ID provided on the desktop agent is my windows ID which is different then what S-user ID so not sure if that is the issue , but I don't even have an option to reenter a login for the desktop agent ... I even reinstalled but the same thing happens.

Any help would be great... I would love to go and try this RPA funcitionality out!

former_member686438
Discoverer
0 Kudos
hi.

desktop agent says it is unable to register users (registration error), but i got the satisfactory log in page. also i can get logged into the application web with the same. do you know what the problem is? thanks
former_member686438
Discoverer
0 Kudos
sorry, another cuestion.

when i execute the debbug function for the "hello world" worflow test,  it says the javascript debugger is disabled.

it doesnt appear the pop up and the new windows opens but it is all blank.

what can i do?

thanks
former_member687150
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi,

Desktop Agent says there is another agent running and I cannot open it. Do you know how to fix this?

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Neal,

Open the task manager and kill the running session of desktop agent.then it should work.

Thanks

Vijay

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Please check if you are passing the correct tennant URL if password is correct.

Thanks

Vijay
former_member687150
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay I have tried killing the running session and it automatically opens a new process in the background. I have also tried changing the desktop service to manual instead of automatic and it still will reopen automatically in the background. I will still get the same error. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos

hello vijay sharma,i dont get a pop up after running the desktop studio debugger.

one more issue my desktop debugger is dont show any event …

help me soon please

thomastrain
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello,

I have got stuck with the issue of the desktop agent not being able to validate the log-in, as shown in the attached screen grab.  I have tried most of the options that I could come across while trying to resolve this issue (like changing registry, adding <meta... at the top of the file under <head...) but this has made no difference.  Whle invoking the desktop agent, there is a blank screen which is perhalps the place in which the user id / pwd is to be entered but this does not change, what ever option I try.  This is being done using a trial account (the set up of which I have followed the online documentation).  Need some quick help.

Thanks in advance / Ravishankar

Blank Screen

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
thomastrain

Hi Ravi,

You need to login to the destop agent to connect it to your Cloud Factory iRPA tennant.

Try by naviagting to dskttop agen setting -> Tennat and it should ask you to login.
thomastrain
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Vijay,

Thanks.  I had tried all of this and more (referred your blog too).  Finally, got it fixed using trial and error.

You can find the current status of this under:

https://answers.sap.com/questions/13087423/desktop-agent-in-warning-state.html?childToView=13087581&...

Thanks  / Ravishankar
0 Kudos

Hi vijay.sharma4

Thanks for the article.

i installed SAP IRPA V 1.0.5.57, the studio installation was successful but facing issue with the Desktop Agent. Agent tray is not showing up fully to complete the tenant registration,attached screen shot for your refference.

Also i am unable to move /expand the tray for the complete look up.

Kindly requesting you to please have a look and help me on this.

Agent tray is not showing up fully for further proceedings.

Thanks,

Avinash Y

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Try restarting the Agent by killing the current task. Seems like the application is stuck
0 Kudos
vijay.sharma4 no luck after doing this,still same issue.

Is their any specific SPOC or COE to reach out for solving this technical issues ?

Thanks,

Avinash
Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Post a query in SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation Community.
0 Kudos
ok sure.

Thanks
S0024873964
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Vijay,

Thank you for guiding us.

i did all installations,could you please guide me where can i find and how can i open Desktop studio in my system for quick installation checkup

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hilakshmareddy.5,

You should be able to find it on the windows start menu programs as shown below. You could just search for Desktop Studio on you system.

Vijay
andres_lopez2
0 Kudos
Hello vijay.sharma4

Thanks for this by this guide,

Actually i have a problem and it's that the Desktop Studio not it's installed after of perform all the steps.

Thanks for help me.
Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Whats the error you are getting?
sairampadarthi
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Vijay,

Iam getting an issue while capturing page in desktop studio as ".png" is denied. Can you please help me in solving the issue

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Hi Vijay

I am currently using Trial account and was successfully able to deploy all projects. but recently while creating a trigger for a package I am getting the below error. I have tried deleting existing projects , packages and triggers but still receive the same error. Also is there a way to get some more jobs as my number of jobs in Trial account is about to get over .

Error

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi sulagna

There are limits to trial account. please check below SAP note for details.

2870643 - SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation - Trial information and Quotas

Regards

Vijay
This is a good guide, thank you very much, it helped me a lot
Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

felixluen

Thanks Luis!
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay. Do you know the product details in terms of the cost and how SAP RPA is different and efficient from the rest of the products in the market?

Regards,
Siva Kumar

former_member231153
Active Participant
Hi Siva,

If I may: please check this overview presentation. Also, for pricing, please check the SAP Store.

Kind regards,

Lena
0 Kudos
Hi vijay.sharma4,

I am facing the following error while trying to register the agent.

Please find the details below:

I am trying this from Amazon WorkSpace and facing this error. While the same steps are working fine in my local desktop and I am able to register the agent successfully. Please let me know if any special configuration is to be performed in Amazon WorkSpace for this.

Awaiting your reply. Thanks in advance.
Vijay
Active Contributor

reachme_shreyash64

Hi Suresh,

I am not sure if anything additional is required for amazon workspace. I would suggest you to post a query on the community and someone might have the answer.

Regards

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

i have followed the steps and configured IRPA. when i execute simple bot from Desktop Studio getting status as “Running” for long time and no response. when i give debug debugger opens and no response. I have attached screenshot for both issue. please help on this.

Regards

< personal information removed by moderator >

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

divya_bh68

Hi Divya,

Sometimes it gets stuck . So try triggering debug couple of times and you should see events triggering and job getting created in System tray.

Thanks

Vijay
0 Kudos
Hi vijay,

Thanks for you response.

Am facing this issue since i have started with my trial version.

Regards

Divya
mohit_bansal3
Active Participant
Thanks vijay.sharma4 , It is really awesome step b y step blog, which really helped to set up the system smoothly. Again thanks for sharing. #KeepSharing#KeepLearning
Labels in this area