Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vijay
Active Contributor
I got the opportunity to attend some sessions on SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation (RPA ) in SAP TechED 2019, Bangalore and unfortunately the service was not available on trial account at that time to try this out ...

As you might be knowing by now that SAP Intelligent RPA is now available on trail account also and we can try our hands on it for real... wow..its wonderful...isn't it?

Check out this wonderful blog SAP Intelligent RPA – enablement and getting started by lena.grothaus to check the list of assets and enablement opportunities on SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation.

But,before we start building our bots, we need to get our system ready for this. So, in this blog we are going to see what all need to be done before we start using the tool with SCP trial account... so up for it? lets begin...

Subscribe to SAP Intelligent RPA service in SCP

To start with, we need to subscribe the SAP IRPA service under SCP Cloud Foundry trial account

Authorization and Trust Management

Next we need to assign the required roles to the RPA user. Below the available roles in SCP for the same.

Role Description
IRPAAgentUser Runs an agent
IRPASupervisor Monitors all the jobs and the status of agents
IRPASystemManager

Imports projects

Manages and configures packages

Schedules job executions

Creates / manages hierarchies

Creates / manages environments

Monitors all job executions

IRPAOfficer

All IRPASystemManager rights

Runs an agent

Removes references to former employees

IRPAPersonalDataAccess Gives access to job details

So, we first need to create a new role colection of the required roles and assign the same.

Assign, the newly created role collection under the trust configuration

Create a Service Key

To access the SAP IRPA we need the the service key from the service instance.

• Go to the CF Trial subaccount

• Get inside the space

• Go to Service marketplace and click on 'irpa-service-trial'

• Click on Instance

• Create the IRPA service instance.

Note:Do not specify any optional parameters or assign any applications.At the end of the creation process, you enter a name for the service instance of your choice and confirm the creation.

• Generate the service key

With this we have finished the SCP setup.

On-premise Components Setup

Before installing the SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation on-premise components the following prerequisites and system requirements should be met

• You need administrator rights on the system.

• Make sure the following elements are installed on your machine:

• Microsoft Internet Explorer 11

• NET framework 4.6.2 (or a higher version)

• Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable Package x86 (only for the Desktop Studio, not required for Agent)

Remote Tools For Visual Studio 2019 (only for the Desktop Studio, not required for Agent).

SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation: Desktop Components for Trial

Download the SAP IRPA desktop components from the https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#cloud

Installing SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation On-premise Components

Procedure

• Launch the downloded MSI file execution.The following window will be displayed:

• Select Next.

• Select the components you want to install.You can choose to install the components according to your needs:

• The Desktop Agent installation is enabled by default.Install the Desktop Agent for run-time machines where the automation projects are executed.

• Select the installation of the optional components Desktop Studio and SDK to achieve a complete setup. It enables a full use of SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation: development,orchestration and execution of automation projects.

• Select Installto start the installation.

The installation process may take a few seconds to complete. An authorization request to bring change to the computer might appear.

• Once the installation has been successfully completed, select the checkbox to launch SAP Intelligent Robotic Process AutomationDesktop and click Finish

Desktop Agent Tenant Registration

Once you've completed the installation steps of the SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation setup wizard, you need to register a tenant so that you can execute the Desktop Agent.

Procedure

• When the Desktop Agent Tenant Registration window pops up, enter:

o    the name of your tenant

o    the SAP Intelligent RPA Factory tenant URL you want to connect to

• On Save, login window will pop up. Enter your SCP username or email and password to login

• You should be connected to your destop Agent

Congratulations, you successfully installed the on-premise components of SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation. You must perform a few additional steps to finalize the installation if you want to use the SAP Intelligent Robotic Process Automation Desktop Studio.

Additional Requirements for Post Installation

Installing a Source Code Compare Tool

• Go to here  to download the latest KDiff3 version

• Double-click the saved executable file to start the installation process.

• Click Next and accept the license terms to continue with the installation.

• Change the default destination folder if necessary and click Next.

• Click Install to begin the installation.

• After the installation progress dialog, click Finish to exit the setup wizard.

Web Browsers Configuration (Google Chrome)

The Desktop Studio installation automatically install the web browser extension for Chrome. You then need to enable that extension:

• Open Google Chrome.

• Click the three dots in the upper right of your browser.

• Select More Tools> Extensions.

• Click the toggle button to activate the SAP Intelligent RPA Extension.

With this we are done with the post installation activities.Let's now check is all is ok!!

Quick Installation Check-Up

This check-up is a quick procedure for validating that the installation is complete

• Start Desktop Studio

• Configure diff and merge tool

• Open the Desktop Studio Settings dialog box via File >Settings.

• Open the Workflow Settings panel by clicking the Workflow tab.

• In the Merge section, configure your diff and merge tool.

• Create a new project using File>New Project.

• Type the project name (for example, FirstProject), type a title and client name.

• Click Save.

• Build the project using Debug >Build.

• Check the output panel. It should include: “Build done : 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)”.

With this, we are all set and ready to build our bots!!! 🙂

Wish you all a vey HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020. Keep Learning and Keep Sharing!!
160 Comments
Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thanks mohit.bansal3 !!
former_member98518
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thanks vijay.sharma4 ,

Great content and manual. Please share what to put on the following step

• In the Merge section, configure your diff and merge tool.

My Output after Debug came with 28 Warnings, I am thinking this is the reason

Thanks and Best Regards,

Privilege
0 Kudos
Hi! The windows with the login and password never disappear. It says “Login Successful” but the status on the desktop agent is “Waiting for User to Enter Credentials “. I try to put *.hana.ondemand.com as trusted site in my IE settings. Please, someone can help me?
0 Kudos

The screen never disapper.

When I try to test an automation apper the message : 'Unhandled exception from Studio Agent'
Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Danila,

Ideally it should not happen. Did you try by killing the desktop agent session and restarting it?

try once if not done already
0 Kudos
Hi,

i'm using Chrome, enabling the extensions,  and i had istalled the RPA deskop version 2.0.8.58.

I shoutdown my agent and i restart it, i disinstall RPA and install again....

I really don't know which step I missed. 

Vijay
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry aisva3 , but it difficult to say without checking in system. Did you post this issue in SAP IRPA community? maybe someone faced the similar issue and has the answer. just try it out.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Kindly let me know steps for to solve the issue "Permitted quota of 1,000 was exceeded (type: "artifact_content")." in Trail Version
vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Kindly let me know steps for to solve the issue "Permitted quota of 1,000 was exceeded (type: "artifact_content")." in Trail Version
vishal_thulasi
Explorer
0 Kudos
It says that we have artifacts more than 1000. We have delete few Automations,Applications which are not used in Project/Package. Delete all unncessary projects,package it will work. It worked for me
Labels in this area