Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ykonsulting
Explorer
SAP SolMan 7.2 Insights…

If you are a customer who currently upgraded to SAP Solution Manager 7.2 and exploring Process Management (Solution Documentation) area of SolMan to document SAP SolMan 7.2 processes, then here is something to consider. Instead of starting from scratch, you can download SAP Solution Manager 7.2 Best Practices Package with already documented SAP SolMan 7.2 process definitions, process diagrams, process steps, executables, and so much more.

Prerequisites

• Solution is created.

• Branch in Solution is created (ex. Import branch)

• Logical Component Group in Solution is created

Solution

The steps below are applicable to SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP04.

1) Set up HTTP connections

To import SAP Best Practices Packages into solutions, the HTTP connections (OCDAPIS and OCDSTORE) must be setup. For details on how to setup these connections, please see SAP Note 2194123.

It is important, that…

• S-User maintained in the RFC Destinations is assigned to a valid SAP Customer Number and valid in https://accounts.sap.com

• RFC Destinations OCDAPIS and OCDSTORE are working correct:

• The result for the OCDAPIS Connection Test is 404.

• The result for the OCDSTORE Connection Test is 200.

2) Add Package to SAP Solution Manager 7.2 Basket

SAP Best Practices packages are only available for import in Solution Administration, if they are selected in the SAP Best Practices Explorer (https://rapid.sap.com/bp/).

It is important, that the S-User maintained in the RFC Destinations is the same S-User used to add the package to the SAP Solution Manager 7.2 basket in SAP Best Practices Explorer.

1. Open SAP Best Practices Explorer using the following link: https://rapid.sap.com/bp

2. Choose With SAP Solution Manager 7.2

3. Select SAP Best Practices for SAP Solution Manager 7.2, edition 01

4. Choose Add to SAP Solution Manager 7.2 basket

3) Import SAP Best Practices

SAP Solution Manager 7.2 best practices are now available for import to a Solution in Solution Administration.

1. Run transaction SOLADM.

2. Select Solution from the dropdown.

3. Select Import from Global Functions.

4. Select option SAP Best Practices Packages.

5. Select the SAP Best Practices for SAP Solution Manager 7.2, edition 01 for import.

6. Select Next.

7. Select branch as target from the dropdown list. If you are selecting a branch with change control integration enabled, then a second dropdown list will be displayed where you have to choose the change document. If there the dropdown is empty and no change document is selected, then an error message is displayed. At this point the import content into Solution will not be possible.

8. Map the Logical Component Group define in the source content to the Logical Component Group in the Solution, if required.

9. Choose Import.

10. The system starts the content import as a background job and displays a message when finished.

11. Choose Close.

12. Choose SAP Best Practices Packages tab in Solution Administration. All imported SAP Best Practice Packages (SAP BPP) are displayed here.

Result

SAP SolMan 7.2 processes are now available to view.

1. Run transaction SOLDOC.

2. Select Solution with imported SAP BPP for SAP Solution Manager 7.2. Ignore the warning message 'No Logical Component Group maintained' at the top of the page; the reason for the message is that there are no systems maintained in the Logical Component Group.

3. to display SAP SolMan 7.2 scenarios, navigate to the Application Lifecycle Management folder.

4. To display a specific SAP SolMan 7.2 scenario (for example, Incident Management), navigate to the scenario ITSM_10 Incident Management.

5. To display a Process Diagram for SAP SolMan 7.2 process (for example Incident Management Overview), navigate to the process ITSM_10_00 Incident Management Overview and click on the element type Process Diagram in the Elements screen.

Additional Information

• SAP Note 2418929 - SAP Solution Manager 7.2: Get SAP Best Practices RDS Packages and content from Business Process Repository (BPR)

• Describes how to import SAP Best Practices RDS Packages and content from the SAP Solution Manager 7.1 Business Process Repository into SAP Solution Manager 7.2.

• SAP Note 2363258 - Import SAP Best Practices S/4HANA content as a local file into SAP Solution Manager 7.2

• Describes an alternative to import SAP Best Practices content into SAP Solution Manager 7.2 as a local file (Content from a local file option). As per note, please use this functionality only in exceptional cases, for example, SAP Solution Manager 7.2 is not connected to internet. The recommended method to import SAP Best Practices content into SAP Solution Manager 7.2 is via SAP Best Practices Packages option described in this blog.

Until next SAP SolMan 7.2 Insights…

Yuliya
14 Comments
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hello

We follow all the steps, however we have not got the BP processes in Solman. The only difference is that in step 6 we got not "source" LCG nor System Landscape Target LGC, though we have set up all LCG in the system landscape definition:

We got a message there saying

"the selected sap best practices do not contain any logical component group"

Any idea...?

Regards

ykonsulting
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Esteban,

Not sure if you have resolved your issue. In case you didn’t please have a look at the SAP Note 2446652 (BP content not visible in SOLDOC). 

Many thanks,

Yuliya

former_member232717
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Yuliya,

Very Nice blog. I did all the step but I am getting “Connect to rapid.sap.com:443 failed:NIEHOST_UNKNOWN(-2)” .Could you please help me out?

1 .OCDAPIS Connection 

2.OCDSTORE Connection

3) STRUST : Certificate uploaded.

thanks &regards

biral

gueniatm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi bgajjar

i followed this SAP note to overcome the certificate issue:

2194123 – Setup HTTP connections to import SAP Best Practices Packages into solutions

the note contains the correct certificates in the attachments section.

former_member232717
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, MarkusI already followed this Snote and uploaded certificates in STRUST.But after upgrade from Solman 7.2 SP04 to SPS05, the import option is available in SAP BEST Practices Packages.
former_member481368
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Dear ykonsulting.

We deployed the BP in our SOLMAN, following the steps on this blog, this worked perfectly. Thank you for this information.  But I have a question. Is it possible to download BP in a format XLS or CSV ? I asked you this, because we need to upload our own escenarios for entreprises in Colombia.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.
ykonsulting
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Cesar,

Unfortunately, I am not aware of an option to download SAP Best Practices into XLS or CSV format. The recommended method is to import SAP Best Practices content into SAP Solution Manager 7.2 is via SAP Best Practices Packages option described in this blog.

If you need to upload business scenarios, business processes, process steps, etc. via Excel, then please have a look at SAP Note 2412770 - Solution Documentation Upload from file in SAP Solution Manager 7.2. As of SP06, it is now possible to upload local Excel file as initial upload of structure elements, assignments, documents and attributes. It is the same feature that was available in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 in transaction SOLAR01.

Many thanks,

Yuliya
0 Kudos
Hi Yulia

Will it be possible to download best practices from SAP Success Factors in the similar way from their content page in the BPMN 2.0 standard, i.e. for SAP SuccessFactors LMS sub-module from https://editor.signavio.com/intralink/portal#/directory/395e0142132a4674bfea7229043ef49a link?

Thank you in advance,

Adi

P.S. We are on Solman 7.2 SP 7
andreas_zigann
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hello Yuliya,

thanks for the blog. I followed your instructions, everything worked fine but the process names are not named:

I think I have lost translation or descriptioin anywhere. I tried 1809 and 1909 but I gor the same result. Is there any language import or post import to do?

Best Regards

Andreas
0 Kudos
Andreas

I'm having the same problems with 1909, and Solman 7.2 SPS10.

Did you solve it ?

Regards

Adriano Prehs
dennis_vater
Explorer
0 Kudos
I have exactly the same problem. Someone an idea how to solve it?
Thomas_Winkler
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Dennis,

please check your language settings in /SOLADM - best language is always EN in the setting EN - also check in via the logon language EN on the top in /SOLDOC.

BR Thomas
GeorgKo
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi,

this problem appears by me, if I created the soldoc solution not in english. Default language of soldoc is english.

Best regards

Georg
yyildiz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had in BP1809 all Buildingsblocks. in 1909 the Buildigsblocks were not imported. what could be the reason for this?

1909:

1809:

BR

Yasar

Labels in this area