Technology Blogs by Members
Explore a vibrant mix of technical expertise, industry insights, and tech buzz in member blogs covering SAP products, technology, and events. Get in the mix!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisBaumann
Active Participant

Intro

How to configure CALM ist well explaint from xavier.dupeyrat  in his Article Synthetic User Monitoring for S/4 HANA with SAP Cloud ALM

But, what is "the Selenium remote WebDriver infrastructure"? How to configure it? Is it version 3 or 4?

Because Selenium ist not a SAP Product, but you need it to configure synthetic User Monitoring, you need to know how to configure, to configure the Runner!

Findings:

Here are my findings (for the moment)

Which version should I use?

Only Verision 3 is working (tried with verision 4, but I always have a Error like “”message”: “Unable to find handler for (GET) \u002fwd\u002fhub”.

Which operating system should I use?

Use Ubuntu Linux - because Docker Desktop for Windows doesn’t run stable!

how should I start it?

Use Containers:

1. download image with “docker pull selenium/standalone-chrome-debug:3.141.59-20210607”

2. start image with “docker run -d -p 4444:4444 –shm-size=”2g” selenium/standalone-chrome-debug:3.141.59-20210607″

That’s it, easy - go on configure the Runner in CALM ! 🙂

final

May you have a wonderful journey with SAP Cloud ALM. Thanks for reading. I would be happy getting some Feedback. Let's work together!
3 Comments
gregorw
Active Contributor
Hi Christopher,

would you please give more insight where you run the docker image? How did you make it reachable from Cloud ALM? How did you secured the access?

Maybe you add also a link to Synthetic User Monitoring - Setup & Configuration to give more context.

Best Regards
Gregor
ChrisBaumann
Active Participant
Hello Gregor,

I can not add a link to Synthetic User Monitoring - Setup & Configuration site, and sure the information is thin. If it is possible to use Version 4 to enable Username and Passwort or how to protect the selenium Version 3 I cannot tell you!

But I will find out next week on the ALM Summit.  https://events.sap.com/alm-summit-emea-2022/en/home

Sorry for the delay and best regards

Christoph
Ralf_Berhorst
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Christoph,

thank you for this nice article. It help to understand the integration of Selenium.

Until now we use the SAP Solution Manager (7.2 SP15) in our "historical grown up" onPremise landscape. In the last years, a lot of different SAP Cloud solutions join into our "SAP Landscape". But we didnt start with SAP Cloud ALM or Focused RUN until now.

UXMon stop supporting Internet Explorer and will not support Edge etc. Thats a dead end. The SAP way for "end user simulation" should be Selenium as i understand . Thats OK form me.

Question, can we integrate Selenium today into SAP Solution Managers (perhaps MAI only as minimum for alerting). That can be a first "small" step moving away from the SolMan without dealing with the big new "SAP Cloud ALM" Solution.
The big one target for me is to support new SAP Solution in "my current end user simulation" by change over from UXmon to Selenium without starting in SAP Cloud ALM. A small step approach.

Best regards
Ralf
Labels in this area