Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SavannahVoll
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Join us for the Plan to Win: Get Active with Data Hackathon to learn how to identify data trends with SAP Datasphere and SAP Analytics Cloud. Whether you’re a beginner, a student, or an expert looking for an opportunity to learn a new skill, you won't want to miss this hackathon. 

We’ve teamed up with Olympic gold-medalist Jan Frodeno to create the SAP Workout: a 3-hour training session that tracks his key KPIs for triathlons. In preparation for the Ironman World Championship race in September 2023, Jan will complete the SAP Workout every month and share his data with hackathon participants.  

Hackathon participants will identify patterns in the SAP Workout data and compare the different executions to help Jan optimize his training. This free, virtual, self-paced hackathon includes 5 missions and runs until July 31, 2023.  

Learn more about the hackathon from Jan Frodeno:  

Are you up for the challenge? Here are five reasons to register.  

1. Help Jan Frodeno win his final race 

Since 2021, Jan has been using SAP data and analytics technology to gain insights into his exercise data and make well-informed, performance-oriented decisions to improve his training strategy. Unfortunately, last year he incurred an injury while training and had to take a step back from competing. After a lengthy recovery process, Jan is back and ready for his final Ironman World Championship. Join the hackathon to help him win his final race. 

2. Experience SAP Datasphere & SAP Analytics Cloud  

In this hackathon, you'll have the opportunity to analyze data using SAP Datasphere and SAP Analytics Cloud. SAP Datasphere is a comprehensive data service that enables data professionals to deliver seamless and scalable access to mission-critical business data. And SAP Analytics Cloud brings together analytics and planning with smooth access to heterogeneous data sources. Registering for this challenge is a great way to brush up on your technical knowledge or learn the basics if you’re new to these technologies. It’s also a chance to test new skills at your own pace in a setting that keeps you motivated and focused. Plus, you'll be added to the SAP Build Work Zone group where you’ll be able to ask questions and access support from experts.  

3. Showcase your skills  

While hackathons are a great way to learn new things, there’s also a competitive side. After all entries are submitted in July, the judging process will begin in August, and a team of data and analytics experts will choose the winners based on the content, design, and functional richness of each submission. Join the hackathon to demonstrate your problem-solving abilities and data expertise to a panel of SAP judges. Take advantage of the program to master specific skills and use your submission as a case study to reference in the future.  

4. Compete for the top prize 

There are some great prizes up for grabs, both for participants and winners. Everyone who completes the hackathon and submits their findings by July 31, 2023, will receive an SAP Get Active with Data Camelbak water bottle. The winner will receive a $200 gift card to Oakley, one of Jan Frodeno’s partner brands. Register for the hackathon for your chance to win.  

5. Gain inspiration  

Break out of your routine and try something different. Innovation often comes from new experiences, and in a competitive hackathon, you’ll be challenged to solve unfamiliar problems with out-of-the-box thinking. Push your limits to find out what’s possible and walk away with new inspiration for your own projects. Join the hackathon and enjoy the thrill of a new challenge.   

Register today 

Visit the Plan to Win: Get Active with Data Hackathon website to learn more about the SAP Workout, hackathon missions, and next steps. Start now and cross the finish line before July 31, 2023, for your chance to win the top prize. Register for the hackathon today, and together, let’s plan to win! 
8 Comments
Marc-An_BERTHET
Explorer
Hello savannah01 ,

It looks nice !

How can we participate as a team ? I see only individual formular.

Thank you.
ShailendarAnugu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi marc-antoine.berthet ,

i think yes:

https://webinars.sap.com/datasphere-virtual-hackathon/en/home (refer to participation details).

Thanks,

Shailu.

Marc-An_BERTHET
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thank you for your feedback shailendar.anugu2  but my question is how to subscribe as a team ?
meherchinmaya
Discoverer
Hi,

I have registered for the Hackathon.
I am using SAP Datasphere free trail account to analyze and model the data, but I am facing one error i.e. not getting the Jan workout Data in Data Marketplace in my free trail account.

I have one more query, does the organizer will provide credential of SAP datasphere and SAC for the Hackathon? The Datasphere and SAC free trail account restrict many functionalities.
vanessa77
Advisor
Advisor
Hi marc-antoine.berthet

It would be best if all of you could register individually, as you then get automatically access to the SAP Work Zone Page with all the content. We don´t need details beforehand, but please make sure to mention all team members when submitting your solution 🙂

Hope that helps!
Marc-An_BERTHET
Explorer
0 Kudos
Ok thank you Vanessa,

Do you know when will we receive the dataset in order to evaluate the time needed ?

Thank you

Regards,
vanessa77
Advisor
Advisor
Will be sent out today 🙂
SavannahVoll
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Chinmaya, thanks for letting us know! Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, I recommend reaching out to the team via the SAP Work Zone group for help. We appreciate your feedback regarding the free trial account and will share this with the organizers for future hackathons.