Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigonnet
Advisor
Advisor

We’ve combined the best of Microsoft Excel and SAP Analytics Cloud.

The SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Office is now generally available.

Many businesses tell us that one of the biggest challenges with their data is having no single source of truth, but they still use the Excel interface every day. Why not have the best of both worlds?

Introducing the new SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Office. We have partnered with Microsoft to co-innovate on the Office 365 suite, opening a playground for you to plan, analyze, and simulate your data.

“SAP Analytics Cloud is one of the first major enterprise planning applications to have a seamless integration with Excel for web and desktop in the Office 365 Suite. This exciting partnership brings together the best of Excel and SAP Analytics Cloud for customers.”

– Brian Jones, Head of Product, Microsoft Excel

You can now choose your preferred interface while having all the benefits of SAP Analytics Cloud with no additional cost. All you need is an SAP Analytics Cloud license and you can easily download the add-in today with no maintenance required.

ENGAGE ONLINE OR ON DESKTOP*

Planning and analyzing data can be challenging when you are doing it in silos. With the tightly integrated Office add-in with SAP Analytics Cloud, you can collaborate at work, at home, or on the road with the ease of switching to an online or desktop version in Excel. Use your choice of Mac or PC platform. Aligning plans and having deeper analysis with a single source of truth in SAP Analytics Cloud has never been easier.

PLAN, ANALYZE, AND SIMULATE

Make timely, data-driven, and more confident decisions in a familiar Excel experience, while incorporating powerful analytics tools to make plans, budget, forecast, and simulate future outcomes on multiple versions. Simply interact with your data and save it back into SAP Analytics Cloud planning models. Experience the power of data-driven decision-making in one place.

LEVERAGE YOUR DATA FROM SAP ANALYTICS CLOUD

With the freedom to drill down, expand, and filter your SAP Analytics Cloud data in Excel you can build custom calculations with external data, expand hierarchies, generate ad hoc reports and intuitively create ratios and trace data to the KPIs that matter most to you.

SEE IT IN ACTION

Tightly integrated with SAP Analytics Cloud, you can now leverage the Excel interface you have come to know so well. Enjoy the best of both worlds.

“The new add-in is easy to deploy, use, maintain, and will give you a view of your data you haven’t seen before”

-Tammy Powlas, Senior Business Analyst, Fairfax Water

GET STARTED TODAY

With an SAP Analytics Cloud license and Microsoft Excel 365, you now have free access to the application through the Microsoft store instantly.

For a step by step walk through, access the guide for add-in installation.

Thinking of trying SAP Analytics Cloud? Visit us online and try it today.

ANY QUESTIONS

Please feel free to see already posted questions here or ask your own question about SAP Analytics Cloud, add-in for Microsoft Office.

Blog written by Jeanne Bigonnet and Chris Chan

*Note: Support of Excel desktop version of Windows platform within Office 365 will require semi-annual channel currently planned by Microsoft in July 2020.
33 Comments
FCI
Active Contributor
This sounds promising. What about the positioning of this tool compared to Analysis for Office Cloud edition ?
Baschi
Explorer
Could you please make the "guide for installaion" public? Currently I get a "403 forbidden" error. Thank you!
William_Yu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
A great milestone for SAC!  Partnership with Microsoft looks promising as well!  Looking forward for more capabilities to come!
0 Kudos
Amazing, finally the feature that most of our customers were willing to have in their SAC solution. Thanks!
former_member480408
Discoverer
Please use this link:

Deploy and publish the add-in as administrator

It'll be replaced soon in the text.
former_member306316
Discoverer
0 Kudos
That is great news... Mean Analysis for office excel(AFO) guys will now easily work on SAC also.....But one thing that we need to improve is that plugins should be stable and not disable again and again. Users are facing this as Major challenge. Please take it as suggestion if we can do something for that like Bex.

Regards,

Pradeep
bigonnet
Advisor
Advisor
Hi I have updated the site with the correct link. Please Check. Regards Jeanne
deepusasidhar
Participant
0 Kudos
Great addition for SAC!

When is the Live Data Connectivity for BW/4, S/4, HANA etc. planned.  Roadmap blog doesn't provide much details.

https://www.sapanalytics.cloud/product_updates/office-add-on-future/
neupaneanil
Explorer
0 Kudos
This is great news. I think if SAP can clarify if this addin is enhancement within Analysis for Office (AfO) or is entirely new add-in.
shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos
One feature that I could do is do an opendoc drill from SAC to webi detail reports. Will there be a way to drill into AO from SAC?
bigonnet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Deepu ,

currently SAC add-in only supports replicated data. We have in our road map for this year to support Live Data Warehouse Cloud connectivity .

As future direction, we would like to  connect other live sources as HANA (Cloud) .

Best

Jeanne
bigonnet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Shyam,

Please note, SAC add in is a brand new offer, completely different from Analysis for Office ( AO) .

Currently the workflow starts in  SAC add-in connecting to SAC model ( replicated data). Nevertheless, in the future we want to support the capability to jump from SAC to Excel (SAC add in)  and we have it in our road map.

Best

Jeanne
bigonnet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Anil,

it's a completely new offer , separated from AO .

Actually we have the two  solutions to use excel on top of SAC depending on customer’s scenarios:

- Analysis for office : On premise ( product installation required) and  windows environment only, but mature solution offering a large analytics capabilities and planning basics , connected to SAC but to BW, HANA, BPC as well….

- SAC add in for MS office : Desktop & Cloud solution based on Office 365 with no installation required as the add in is provided via MS store , Windows or Mac support , fully integrated into SAC ,  brand new offer, so offering for now less capabilities , but with a strong roadmap for 2020+ ,  including strong planning capabilities.

Best

Jeanne
bigonnet
Advisor
Advisor
Frederic,

it’s a completely new offer , separated from Analysis for Office SAC edition, with a separate road map and life cycle.

Actually we have the two  solutions to use excel on top of SAC depending on customer’s scenarios:

– Analysis for office for SAC  : On premise ( product installation required) and  windows environment only, but mature solution offering a large analytics capabilities and planning basics.

– SAC add in for MS office : Desktop & Cloud solution based on Office 365 with no installation required as the add in is provided via MS store , Windows or Mac support , fully integrated into SAC ,  brand new offer, so offering for now less capabilities , but with a strong roadmap for 2020+ ,  including strong planning capabilities.

Best

Jeanne
Baschi
Explorer

Have you experienced “HTTP status code forbidden” while setting up PowerShell?

Our IT can not “Set-OganizationAddInService” for our computers, we  have to do it on our laptops individually.

Thanks for your support!

BR

Balazs

bigonnet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi

I see a mistake in your screenshot in the SAC tenant URL :

because the tenant started with ""https://https://.". I'm not sure if this is the reason for the error but you should remove one of the https in the command.

If it does not solve your issue , please create a ticket on  LOD-ANA-OF-MS component.

Best Regards

Jeanne

shyam_uthaman
Participant
0 Kudos
When you say SAC model ( replicated data), I assume this doesn't work for Live models then ..right?
MRobalinho
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Nice. Good idea!
MRobalinho
Active Participant
0 Kudos
hi,

So , where we can get this Add-in. From Microsoft pages or we have some link in SAC pages?

Manuel Robalinho
0 Kudos
It is my understanding that this doesn't work for tenants in the US2 data center as it isn't Cloud Foundry. I find that extremely disappointing tbh that we have a system that is no longer supported by some of the latest functional enhancements, including this add in and scheduled publications.
0 Kudos
Hi Jeanne,

are there any updates regarding the Excel desktop version of Windows? Is there a specific date when it will be released?

Thanks in advance,

Salvatore
bigonnet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Salvatore,

the plan is to get it built on  MS Semi annual version delivered by Microsoft in July. So our current plan is to get it available in our add in in August delivery time frame.

Please do not consider that as a strong commitment as we are still working on it and we have a strong dependency with Microsoft delivery.

Best Regards

Jeanne
former_member703011
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello Jeanne,

I am working on a PoC for SAC Add in for Office 365.

Is it possible to jump from an SAC story to SAC add in using the filters which were applied in the story?

I see that in the roadmap, seamless integration from SAC story is mentioned, not sure if this is related to my question.

Regards,

Rahul
0 Kudos
Hi,

I'm trying to install add-in for Microsoft Office
but when I try to follow the steps the detailed on help.sap (https://help.sap.com/viewer 2b73edbc8f8f4189a36bc7a2e038185c/cloud/en-US/db2f874261824d63adb3ca198f65ce55.html)

to set up the tenant some errors appear and I can't solve them.

Attach in this message a screenshot with the errors.

Could you assist me in this topic?
Thanks,
former_member710804
Discoverer
0 Kudos
What all places where we can download SAP analytics cloud for office?

bigonnet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Please read  on line  Help , 

Basically you can deploy the Add in for yourself if you have the permission or via the MS admin team of your company , who can deploy it centrally via the MS 365 ad lin console.

Best

Jeanne
kevin_yang
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Hi Jeanne

awesome introduction!

I also meet the permission issue when I want to enable this add-in for a use case. you mentioned the MS admin team. do you have a DL or contact link for that, I am from internal SAP.

Thx

Kevin
bigonnet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
hi Kevin ,

Please check our jam page and sign up for the distribution list mentioned there – you should get the add-in very soon after that automatically.

In case of further questions related to the tool, go back to me. Best Jeanne

kevin_yang
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos
Hi Jeanne

Thanks for your information. it works now. great

Best Regards

kevin
dharmaatluri
Explorer
0 Kudos
Given SAP has both on premise AFO for Excel and SAC on cloud for reporting for the clients, what if a client wants only AFO Excel and doesn't want the SAC licenses.

Is there an option for client just to use AFO for Excel for their reporting?
bigonnet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi ,

yes you can use AFO on top of BW or other data sources included in your license if you have one . SAC subscription is only needed if you would like to use SAC.

Best

Jeanne
gugunn4
0 Kudos
Hi Jeanne,

Does the SAC add-in support live data connect with BW4H now?

Br

Gunnar
alexander_kutz
Participant

Hi,

I came to this article while searching for a way to integrate the SAC Calendar into Outlook, is there any way to subscribe the SAC calendar in Outlook to keep an consolidated overview of the events? And if not, is it planned?

Cheers,

Alex