Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

[Update // July 6, 2021] Congrats to all the winners!

Congratulations to all the winners of the badge. You can see a list of winners -- and a bonus chance to earn the badge to those who at least completed the tutorial -- here:https://blogs.sap.com/2021/07/06/congrats-to-winners-of-crossover-learner-badge/?update=publish

[Update // May 27, 2021] First winners!

We have awarded our first Crossover Learner badges and we enjoyed all the wonderful words of encouragement (and even the request for more Basis tutorials)! Thanks for all the warm words 🙂

Here's how the badge looks in your profile (thanks svea.becker, and congratulations):

IMPORTANT: Some of you have done the tutorial, but have not commented on this blog, and some of you have done the tutorial but not voted on (any) question or answer. Make sure to do all 3 parts of this mission to get the badge.

——

Have you completed a few SAP Tutorials but have yet to engage in the community? Or maybe you have written a few blogs posts or answered a few questions but have never explored the SAP Tutorial Navigator?

Well, for you, we now have the Crossover Learner mission that will make you a dual threat -- an SAP learner of the latest technologies and active member of the SAP Community -- both activities that will help you up your SAP game.

Limited Time!    Badge available until June 30!

What's in it for you?

You'll get introduced to the SAP Tutorials, hundreds of new and tested tutorials about some of the most current SAP technologies -- SAP HANA Cloud, SAP Business Technology Platform, SAP Business Application Studio, SAP Conversational AI, the Mobile Development Kit, and more. There are also cool end-to-end scenarios, where you can learn how to build a CAP app with SAP Fiori on SAP BTP.

The tutorials are written by some of our most-knowledgeable authors, including developer advocates like thomas.jung and dj.adams as well as product experts like iwona.hahn, jitendrakumar.kansal, daniel.vanleeuwen, and, well, yours truly.

At the same time, you'll get re-introduced to the SAP Community and see how much fun -- and helpful -- it is to not only read great content (like this blog post) but also to actually engage with other members of the community.

What you can win?

This lovely badge, in your SAP profile -- show it to all your friends and colleagues.

How long will it take?

About 15 minutes. Really.

(Full disclosure: This counts the 2 minute to read this blog, but not the time you spend exploring and doing SAP Tutorials after you get hooked.)

What do you have to do?

Ah, glad you asked.

1. Complete the tutorial Get to Know SAP Tutorials, and get a quick tour of the SAP Tutorials.

2. Go to any question in Answers and vote on any single question or answer.

Voting helps others in the community better find useful questions and answers.

3. After you complete the tutorial, come back to this blog post and add a comment of how it was to complete the tutorial. Write what you think of the collection of tutorials in general, the tutorial navigator, how the tutorials work, what you'd like to see different, or any other comments you want. (Don't just be polite -- say what you think.)

You'll need to be signed in with your SAP account, and in case you don't have one, you can create one by clicking the person icon in the top right of the page.

That's it. Simple, 1-2-3.

Enjoy.
136 Comments
agrawal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Crossover Learner badge, can't wait to get it 😛

Just completed the Tutorial for "Get to Know SAP Tutorials" and the voting 😉
hcordeiro
Explorer

I will try some tutorials i the next days!!

I didn't know that sap give all this content for free!

Thanks all.

dianah1
Explorer
Hi,

Nice way to get learn sap bit by bit. The tutorials I have seen were perfectly written.

I will definitly continue to come here to learn more sap options.

Regards Diana
kaus19d
Active Contributor
Great way to explain for Tutorials & a very good platform to learn ourselves. The tutorial is showing green for me. Always suggest everyone, as its a great platform
mmamazing
Advisor
Advisor
Hello,

quite an enjoyable tool and I love the badges! t would be cool if this could be integrated with credly somehow to get your badges moved towards linkedin too!

Keep up the great work

Marek
martinstenzig
Contributor
Looking forward to the badge.
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
Thanks for the idea. There are a lot of integration plans to bring all the many learning assets together. Stay tuned.
former_member1702
Participant
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for this blog.

This blog guides us to additional resources and learning activities which are very helpful.
It encourages us and increases our ‘self-efficacy’ which is our belief that we are capable of doing well.
Artificial Intelligence and Brain Computer interface technology may sound like a plotline from the latest Hollywood blockbuster, but these are emerging technologies to achieve business results.

I have completed the Tutorial "Get to Know SAP Tutorials".
I have also voted many answers. This Blog has been an extra motivation for some of the new courses.

SAP Tutorials is the right place for learning, unlearning, and relearning.

It helps in staying current with new technology trends.

Thanks,
Osman Syed.
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
I liked everything you wrote. But what do you mean that SAP Tutorials is the place for "unlearning"?
former_member1702
Participant
Hi Daniel,

I am glad you liked my comment. SAP Tutorials help us to unlearn what is untrue 🙂.

It is not very easy to unlearn when you discover yourself wrong. I think it is equally important to unlearn what is obsolete.

'Half of Wisdom is learning what to unlearn.' - Larry Niven.

Thanks,

Osman Syed.
Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
Nice, but bit too easy... Great starting point anyway! Many thanks.
BaerbelWinkler
Active Contributor

Nice refresher and - perhaps more importantly - reminder about all the available tutorials! Thanks for putting this together, Daniel!

Cheers

Bärbel

arviobj
Explorer
“You learn something every day if you pay attention.”

I really appreciate this blog. Thank You!

isap
Discoverer
Hello,

Honestly if I had not stumble upon this blog I never would have found the tutorials. I still have to check the catalog but I am hoping there is enough Basis material.

I like the information in the step by step format. Will be starting the SAP Gateway tutorials!

Thank you 🙂
Jigang_Zhang张吉刚
Active Contributor
already completed several tutorials 😉

only one small piece of advice about 'test yourself step' if need input texts please consider various situations like this one.
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos
I will alert again the authors about this issue -- thanks for understanding.
Vijay
Active Contributor
Nice Initiative to introduce Tutorials! Definitely a great repository of tutorials on latest stuff.
marcobuescher
Active Contributor
Hello, nice Totorial you have done here... I like to complete such a Tutorial if I have a few minutes time. It is a nice and funny tool for knowledge transfer...
pfefferf
Active Contributor
Thanks for the time and efforts you and all your colleagues invest in the tutorials. They are really helping to understand specfic things in the different topics.

Sometimes I miss a little bit of explanation in the tutorials, meaning sometimes tutorials in a way that they describe step by step what to do, but not explaining why it has to be done respectively what effect it has.
ShadM
Explorer
Enjoyed this fun exercise, lots more tutorials to complete in the coming days.

Sincerely appreciate the efforts of SAP and the community in helping us learn the SAP tools.
schentho
Explorer
Great tutorial and ideal place to learn!
I will forward this to my colleagues. Thank you all for investing your time for the community!
dominikurban
Participant
I learn a lot through the dev tutorials and openSAP courses. Thanks!
audreystevenson
Community Manager
Community Manager
This was a nice way to introduce community members to the developer tutorials. And I've enjoyed reading all of the comments on this blog post as well!
kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi daniel.wroblewski,

The criteria of this badge mentioned in this blog seemed fulfilled already, but i do not have the badge in my profile yet, could you please check

Thanks,

Kaushik

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
This is a core principle of our tutorials -- to teach is small, painless tidbits as the user goes through the tutorial -- and I try to reinforce this in all our authors. We will make extra effort to make sure this learning is included in the tutorials. Thanks for the comment!
lingaiahvanam
Active Contributor
This is a good surf to get introduce the SAP community members to Get to Know SAP Tutorials.

I enjoyed this activity and quit interesting to new members if anyone accessing the Tutorial Navigator first time.

I will share this blog to other members to benefit this opportunity and badge.

Best Regards,

Lingaiah
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos
Thanks 😀 but it’s only available for another 10 days!!
shyamvr
Explorer

daniel.wroblewski I learned a lot in about 15minutes 🙂  Thank you!

shyamvr
Explorer
daniel.wroblewski How long will it take for the badge to reflect after completing Step 3? 🙂
Flavio
Active Contributor
Hi daniel.wroblewski,

thank you for the blog, very informative and helping to disclose the Tutorials: ready for the next one, just found this mission that looks greatly interesting:

my next mission tutorial

Thanks!

Flavio
Former Member
Hi daniel.wroblewski

The tutorials are a great learning experience.

Honestly, I do not recall anything out there with this quality and.... FREE!

My only recommendation to the community is to use your SAP Universal ID.

With that, you can concentrate your records in a master ID (personal) and avoid losing all the progress.

Cheers,

Luis
EmmanuelDaCosta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi daniel.wroblewski

It is a good initiative to show the SAP community members the SAP tutorials site.

There are a lot of tutorials (perhaps too many ; ) ) but all the tutorials are interesting and it is a good source of knowledge.

Regards,

Emmanuel

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
Which tutorial are you referring to?
Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
TJe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Great information about Tutorials and Tutorial Navigator. Also like the section about the features in Community like voting.
MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
I have finished many courses from SAP tutorials and openSAP.

Tip: Feedback option 'Provide Feedback' in tutorial page helps you raise an issue with author in GitHub/ get community support
DebjitSingha
Active Contributor
Hello Daniel,

Great work.

I am using sap tutorials form time to time. Have used it in past and I saw lot of new content been added since my last visit. Defiantly will explore them.

Only thing I was not able to do "filter content by End to End scenarios". May be I am missing something.

Thanks,

Debjit
VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor
Thanks for shared.

Great way to expose these wonderful contents.

-Vijayeta
suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
Thanks a lot for sharing the details in simpler form !
former_member324256
Discoverer
I like SAP Tutorials, is very easy to follow the instructions to learn about the topic of your interest, thanks
shyamvr
Explorer
The first step as per your blog "1) Complete the tutorial Get to Know SAP Tutorials, and get a quick tour of the SAP Tutorials". So, I completed "Get to know SAP Tutorials". And I upvoted in "Answers" and commented here :). Is there anything am missing? 🙂
rebecca_barilleaux
Discoverer
Thanks for the quick introduction to tutorials!
Femin
Explorer
Hey there!

Amazing way to engage and remind about all the available tutorials!

These have quality content and the best part they are FREE !

Much Appreciated daniel.wroblewski  for sharing this 🙂
Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Great information! Are the tutorials exclusively intended for developers, or is SAP Tutorial Navigator also the means to guide business users through a specific business process, or consultants through specific configuration settings?

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
Currently we are mostly for developers, and we are starting to go into the administration area. For the moment, we don't intend to add tutorials for business users.
JoelTrinidade
Active Contributor
I learn a lot through the dev tutorials and openSAP courses. Thanks!
JohannesKuch
Advisor
Advisor
I really appreciate the tutorials and missions here - learned a lot about BTP already 🙂
MarkusG
Participant
Thank you for the reminder. The tutorials have grown a lot since my last visit. I need more time! 🙂
Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
I would like to be informed when there the tutorial i completed in the past gets updated so that i can revisit and see what's new in there and also when a new tutorial is available ( maybe based on some tags i follow in the community forum).

Thanks for the mention!

oliver_kaluscha3
Participant
Thanks for this tutorial.

I like these tutorials a lot, cause they help you to get a first step into new topics in a very short time and it is always a great starting point for deep dives into new areas of the SAP world.