Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
In this blog I will collect error messages that you may see when you try to connect to your SAP BTP Trial ABAP Environment instance.

1. "The uaa credentials of the service key used to create this project are no longer valid. Please create a new project using the ABAP Cloud Project Wizard."I received this message when trying to open an ABAP Cloud project that pointed to a trial instance that I had deleted.The error message given is misleading in this case since you can only create a new project once you have created a new instance of the ABAP environment in your trial account as described here:Create an SAP BTP ABAP Environment Trial User | Tutorials for SAP Developers

2. com.sap.adt.compatibility.exceptions.OutDatedClientException:
    The message content is not acceptableThough this error is not really a connection problem it turned out that it occurs when a user tried to publish a service binding using an outdated ADT installation.

Installing the latest version of ADT tools solved the issue.

3. com.sap.adt.compatibility.exceptions.OutDatedClientException

You get an error message that contains the follwoing stringcom.sap.adt.compatibility.exceptions.OutDatedClientException.
    As described in this blog https://blogs.sap.com/2019/10/22/update-for-abap-development-tools-fails-when-using-an-outdated-ecli... we only support the latest versions of Eclipse to be used with the latest ADT plugin.

Solution:
    Make sure that you configure the update sites of both Eclipse and ADT so that they point to the latest version.

I will continue to add additional error messages once I stumble across one.

35 Comments
md_alam
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Andre,

Thanks for sharing the error scenarios.

I am getting one message as 'Uh Oh Something went amiss' while I am trying to logon to ABAP trial environment from Eclipse ADT. I was able to log on to the system till yesterday.

Can this be a system maintenance issue?

Thanks,

Imteyaz
0 Kudos
Me too getting the same error. amiss.. seems like maintenance alamin74
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Can you  share the URL of your ABAP trial instance with me?
It seems that this is an issue that does not hit everybody.
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Can you  share the URL of your ABAP trial instance with me?
It seems that this is an issue that does not hit everybody.
0 Kudos
andre.fischer https://b4e96271trial.authentication.us10.hana.ondemand.com/oauth/authorize?response_type=code&redir...

@MD ALAM now we can access. no more this error Uh Oh Something went amiss
md_alam
Explorer
0 Kudos
infrared404 Yes, I can also access the environment now. I guess it was due to maintenance.  Thank you
Kjeld1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi andre,

The latest adt 2021-06 got installed in eclipse and now I cannot add abap cloud projects anymore. Opening existing cloud projects from project explorer also won't work anymore. Is there something I'm missing?

"The project can no longer be used as its authentication kind is unkown."

Thanks

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Has the underlying eclipse been updated as well?

Kjeld1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, I have the following versions:

Edit: reinstalling eclipse fixed the problem.

Hi Andre,

I have Eclipse version 2019-06 and highest version of ADT supported in it is 3.8 , After successful authentication of Service Key , BTP ABAP environment is not being set up as Service Connection is failing. I am getting the below error, could you please help here..

Regards,

Srijani Chatterjee
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
You have to install the latest version of ADT and Eclipse.

Your versions will not work.
former_member1834
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Andre,

I have downloaded latest versions, it has worked..

Regards,

Srijani

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
Hi andre.fischer

Thanks for post, I am facing one strange issue.

I don't see the option to create new ABAP Cloud project after updating the Eclipse to below version.

Version: 2021-06 (4.20.0)
Build id: 20210612-2011

Any idea whats wrong..?? As earlier I was able to create it with Version: 2021-03 of eclipse.

Kind Regards,

Pavan G

former_member763867
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi experts

In my case I had installed  an old version of microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable, my problem was resolve re installing the new version of that component into Programs > Programs and Features on the program microsoft Visual C++ 2013  >repair

Kind Regards

Eduardo Carrasco

former_member763867
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi experts

In my case I had installed  an old version of microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable, my problem was resolve re installing the new version of that component into Programs > Programs and Features on the program microsoft Visual C++ 2013 repair
former_member122654
Participant
Hi Andre,

Do you have a hint for the following error?

Many Thanks!

Fouad

former_member820465
Participant

Hello Andre,

I have 3 SAP BTP ABAP Environment instances in a trial account. The first one I created opens successfully, while the others give a 503 error. I can only connect to my first creation via Eclipse. This problem has been going on for 2 days. Sometimes it connects successfully but runs slowly.
What could be the reason for this?
Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

Orhan

hello ,

i'm facing the same problem , i cant login to my abap instance or run my deployed application or even opening eclipse , i get the same error everytime " 503 Service Not Available Connection request to partner failed"

i tried to create an other abap instance but i wasen't able too. should i wait to fix it self or there is something i need to do to fix it ?
yogeshgalphade-2
Explorer
0 Kudos
did you get any solution, many of our team member are facing this issue
it seams that the problem is out of our reach , i just went back to my abap instance and i found that it works completely fine , my be the was just a random maintenance.

no i have no problem connecting back to my apps.

thanks
yogeshgalphade-2
Explorer
Still it is not working for me
former_member820465
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello everybody,

Mine seems to be working now as well. So I guess the problem was related to SAP Servers and it seems to be solved now.

thanks

Orhan
former_member122654
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Orhan,

Can you also create artifacts? No transport request is available.

Thanks,

Fouad
former_member820465
Participant
Hi Fouad,

Yes I tried now and I can add new objects and I have a request. It's running smoothly now.

Thanks,

Orhan
former_member122654
Participant
Now it also works for me. Thanks Orhan!
Mayursatardekar
Explorer
Hi Andre,

I am getting an error "cannot connect to the service instance. the service is currently not available". i tried searching for the resolution, which said I should update my Eclipse it is updated to latest version. However, I am still facing the same issue, could you please help. I tried both the methods to open in browser and copying the url and pasting in the browser. Nothing really helped.

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
Hi Andre,

Getting error 'Cannot connect to the Service Instance. The service is currently not available.' while trying to login into my Trial ABAP account via ADT. I have still couple of weeks left for my Trial account to expire. Saw many people have raised this but no valid solution or reason mentioned over those threads.

Requesting you to assist here. My guess is this might be because of some upgradation for the ABAP Environment or something at the BTP Runtime environment level. Since couple of colleagues are facing the same isue.

Cannot connect to the Service Instance.

Thanks,

Sijin
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
The system was not available due to an upgrade process. It is available again.
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
The system was not available due to an upgrade process. It is available again.
nicolas_marion2
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hello

I have same error message as above

"Cannot connect to the Service Instance. The service is currently not available."

KR

Nicolas
nicolas_marion2
Discoverer
0 Kudos
working fine now
amor_alaa
Newcomer
0 Kudos
Hi ,

I am facing this error ,

so i deleted my subaccount and created a new one with new key and create a new Abap cloud

project  , but i cannot find my package which i created before in ( TRL_EN )

Can any one help me ?
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
You have probably been assigned to another system than the one you have been assigned before.

Therefore I always recommend to export stuff you want to reuse to a private GitHub repository.
sharma_vivek17
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Andre,

I am facing this same error now from yesterday. Is the upgrade going on the trial abap environment now?
Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
No. But sometimes patches are applied. Please try again.