Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sybille
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Companies face challenges that not only affect their strategic direction and organizational structure but also directly affect their SAP® ERP Human Capital  Management (SAP ERP HCM) solution.

The following business scenarios may impact your SAP ERP HCM solution:

• Expanding into new business areas as a result of mergers and acquisitions (M&As)
  • Focusing on core competencies (divestments)
  • Lowering operating costs

SAP Landscape Transformation 2.0 SP08 address HCM-related business transformation scenarios that require the migration of data. It provides end-to-end transformation solutions that support you with the technical data migration for the following scenarios:

• SAP ERP HCM System Merge (to unify one or more systems initiated by a company takeover)
  • SAP ERP HCM System Split (to realize the setup of a legal entity after a divestiture)
  • SAP ERP HCM System Carve-Out (to reduce costs for upgrade cycles or for security reasons)
  • SAP ERP HCM System Integration (to simply your system landscape)

In addition, for the split and carve-out scenarios you have the possibility to upgrade to a higher release - this gives the advantage of one downtime.

SAP Landscape Transformation 2.0 SP08 provides you not only with the technical step-by-step guidance but also contains best practices and knowledgeware: The dedicated HCM Transformation roadmap guides you throughout the transformation project from a project management view, and contains in-depth accelerators and background information. The HCM Object Analysis examines the usage of SAP ERP HCM objects in your systems to give an overview of the current status. In addition, you can benefit from a broad range of standard SAP LT analyses such as Customizing Comparison, Repository
Comparison, or the Number Range Object Comparison.

An HCM transformation project can be implemented directly by your organization, or a partner organization. SAP SLO Consulting also offer a comprehensive set of services that can be tailored to your project-specific requirements.

After a successful SAP HCM transformation project, you can use the transformation solution SAP ERP HCM Data Deletion to delete HCM
data in the sender system. This is typically done as a separate project.

6 Comments
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,i am friendly discussing this,it will be correct or not i don't know exactly

Hi,i am ramesh,I understand the problem of Human capital Management(HCM),If you go for

Migration or integration,there will be up Time and Down Time in server.Technical Migration consultant can't understand some problems of server down,because of intranet tool or Firewall,Each SAP server is different,BI,XI,,BASIS,MM.HCM(human capital Management is used for Analysis of data range also it is Monitor all the ModulesSAP(ERP),Router 24*7 support,Citrix or VPN login timings.

In SAP every thing in tables(ABAP Codings)Migrations will be done under this only.For maintenance BASIS Module will be used.

I agreed to your point of server installation of data centers in one place with no natural disasters.so we calculate the landsscape of install the servers

Note:

HCM have to monitor server installation place and Remote place logging 24*7 support

(i.e) citrix,VPN(virtual Private Network)

sender system will be the Remote system user System not Admin or end user system

Sybille
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Ramish,

welcome to the SAP LT Community for HCM transformations and thanks for your comment!

Maybe you can specify your thoughts in more detail, this will help us to understand your matter and I can comment directly on it.

Best regards, sybille

CD
Discoverer
0 Kudos

For a HCM carve out project, does the new target system has to be at the same support package level as the sender system? And afterwards proceed with the upgrade? Or if the target system has a higher support package level, then it should be fine?

Sybille
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Cristi,

in the HCM Carve Out Scenario use can choose either

• to have Sender/Receiver System on the same release and support package level or
  • to have the Receiver System on a higher release and SP Level.

Our Product will check in detail Sender and Receiver System and will make you aware of different SP level´s for example.

For the upgrade we use the standard XPRA´s.

If you have more questions please let me know.

Best regards, sybille

sudip_saha1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sybille,

we are thinking to carve out our HR module from existing ECC system because of HRSP support packs takes lot of extra outage to the system.

we want to know form where we should start? I understand it’s LT tool of solution manager which does the carve out. Whether we can do it of our own without any help? Do you have any step by step document which explain the details how to carve out HR module from ECC

Regards

Sudip
Sybille
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Sudip,

SAP LT is a product for SAP ECC systems, with a license fee. Please get back to your sales representatives.

I am not in this topic any more, but: in SAP LT itself there is guidance what to do. I know from former times, that customers did the carve-out by themselves if they have deep HCM knowledge bundled with IT.

You can also reach out to SAP Consulting (maybe to clarify our requirements and project plan).

Regards,

Sybille