Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor

Following the blog Design Studio SDK: New Features in UI5 Table, today the Conditional Format function.

if you want to:

* display the data from any data source in a table

* highlight some cell values based on conditions, like this below:

then this blog is for you.

The baseline.

This is an extension of the UI5 Table component, as here -Design Studio SDK: UI5 Table Component.

The idea.

The community flatten functions provided by Mike (and a bit extended by me) are capable to flatten the result set into the table row/cols specification. This allows easy access on cell level to the data - and to the members. It means, the evaluation is made on CONTENT basis, not on logical dimension / member / measure basis. But this is enough for some start.

The rules need to be given as an JSON Array:

[

{"condition": "value", "sign": ">", "value":"4", "simpleFormat": "green2"},

{"condition": "value", "sign": "<", "value":"3", "simpleFormat": "red2"},

{"condition": "contains", "members": ["Brewer", "Zavala"], "exclude": false, "simpleFormat": "yellow1"}

]

the rules can be checked in 3 ways:

* Match First (then ignore others)

* Match Last (last always win)

* Collect (check all and place the assigned "simpleFormats" into an array

The "simpleFormat" is a string which is passed into special attribute on the table

data-condformat="<the dimple format string>"

and it allows you to select this content via "normal" css selector. Some selectors are already build in, but you can freely add your own.

Example for CSS class

div[class~=scn-pack-ActivateSimpleConditions] td>div>label[data-condformat="green1"] {

background-color: #9fff9f!important;

}

you just need to replace "green1" with your own string passed as simpleFormat

Conditional Options

Then, we have following evaluation options:

contains

checks if the content contains given strings.

positive check

{"condition": "contains", "members": ["Berlin", "Munich"], "simpleFormat": "red1"}

negative check (exclude)

{"condition": "contains", "members": ["Berlin", "Munich"], "exclude": true, "simpleFormat": "red1"}

pattern

check the content for existence of some characters. you can use '?' to accept any character. Character '*' stops the check and returns the current state.

positive check

{"condition": "pattern", "members": ["Be??in*", "Mun*"], "simpleFormat": "red1"}

this should match all Be<here 2 characters which does not matter>in<and here any characters>

OR

Mun<and any character

equals

Like contains, but checks on exact content. also possible with exclude flag.

positive check

{"condition": "equals", "members": ["Berlin", "Munich"], "simpleFormat": "red1"}

empty

Checks for empty cells, can also be used with exclude flag, then non empty cells will be marked.

positive check

{"condition": "empty", "simpleFormat": "red1"}

value

works only for numbers, compares the content with given number.

positive check

{"condition": "value", "sign": ">", "value":"4", "simpleFormat": "green2"},

APS Update

The rules can be maintained in additional proeprties, so now no JSON is requried.

The maintenance does not need to be made by JSON any more, an UI is available for it:

All is available in the preview / stable as of now. If someone is willing to test / double check - you are welcome.

Restricting the Conditions to Columns

With this property you can additionally restrict applying of the conditions to some columns only. you need to place the key of the dimension/measure which is in this column.

In this case, the key of "Unit Sales" is "unit_sales" and then this condition will be applied only to "unit sales" column.

I hope this helps.

Btw, in case you have 2 dimensions in columns, this works as well - you need to make the "Column Header Id" as combination of those:

my drill down here:

The required ID: "<gender id> | <measure id>"

the release package is updated with this function now.

Help / API Specification

Go directly to the help site and find the component: Component List - SCN Design Studio Community

Download & Use

This component is available on the community package

More information on the SCN community package in blog  SCN Design Studio SDK Development Community

Example as BIAPP:

org-scn-design-studio-community/applications · GitHub

Any thoughts?

feel free to add as usual...

Enhancements Ideas?

if you have good ideas (to those who would like to contribute but cannot code...) - place an "issue" with tag "enhancement" under Issues · org-scn-design-studio-community/sdkpackage · GitHub

16 Comments
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

Thanks for sharing the information. This is very helpful.

Is it possible to highlight conditional format for specific columns?

Example:

1) Red and Green for "Store Sales" Column - If value< 2 the Red else Green

2) Yellow and Blue for "Unit Sales" Column - If Value<5 then Yellow else Blue.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Harish Nayak

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

not yet, I need to think about.

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

ok, I have found a simple way - based on the column id, either the dimension ID or measure ID. please check it up. the blog above is updated. package is rebuild.

Karol

mike_howles4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Karol,

Very nice - I may take this and incorporate into the 'Advanced Data Tables' somehow as Conditional Formatting was something I needed to get back around to.  I like your approach!

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

thanks, I think it is simple and flexible at the same time. Perhaps later on we can improve the UI for the maintenance and make some function for moving it around components (export / import). I will try to make the same for the "Nice Chart" component then we can validate how inter-component it is.

Karol

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karol, I am facing some troubles with the Additionl Properties -> COnditional formating. I wanted to delete them and start from scratch but it seems I am not able to do so. When I click on delete, nothing is happening. Did you already see something like that? Thank you very much for your attention. Best regards. Jacques-Antoine Ollier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

This component is very useful in our case to meet conditional formatting requirement. we are using UNX universe as a datasource. Since regular crosstab has limitation on conditional formatting we trying to evaluate this component as an alternative. I was able to achieve conditional formatting, however when I tried to apply to only one column by giving "column header id" it is not being applied. Is it a limitation on universe datasource ? or am i doing something wrong ?

The example mentioned above ("Restricting the Conditions to Columns") was a bit unclear to me as the table header named as "Unit Sales" (init caps and no underscores, while other column store_cost is lowercase and has underscore) and column header id was given as "unit_sales" (lowercase and underscore). I tried the same but was not successful. My column name coming from universe is 'Customer Number' and gave column header id as "customer_number" which is not working. also tired '4' it is column no.5 in the sequence.

Best regards

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, please check if the new setting "Show Keys instead of Texts" will help you to find the correct key. It is possible that the key is a guid which is not visible on first view.

in case this will not help you to find the correct key, please make an issue on github.

https://github.com/org-scn-design-studio-community/sdkpackage/issues

Karol

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Karol!

0 Kudos

Thanks Karol. This works fine!! :smile:

Regards,

Harish Nayak

fau
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Karol,

A customer is interested to highlight value whether they are positive or negative. Basically they want to set different font color to differentiate them. Data are coming from Hana.

I saw your UI5Table component that's seem to match their requirement.

I downloaded your test application SCN_UI5TABLE and I imported it in DS1.6 SP3. I have a couple of questions

• It seems that the css works only for background and not for the font. For instance if I had the line "font-style: italic!important;" or "color: #00ffff!important;" in a css it's not applied in the UI5table ? Am I correct here ?

• If I suppress some lines in a css (for instance I remove "background-color: #ff0000!important;") I stil have the backgournd color apply ? Even if I reload the application ?

Thanks

Fabien
Former Member
0 Kudos
Hi Karol,

I'm working on design studio 1.6 on unx universe. Is there any way where we can highlight the complete row if the condition is met.

Thanks

0 Kudos
FYI, I was able to modify the text color of a cell using the following:
label[data-condformat="green"] {
color: green!important;
}
former_member587573
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

I have used UI5 table in one of the reports however, I have a few points which I need clarity. Below are the same – –

• I am using 3 dimensions one in column wise and other 2 are row-wise. So, I am not getting the merging options of 2 dimensions.
  • When there is huge data, the columns are collapsing so is there any way we can expand the columns automatically?

Can you please let me know if i am missing something in UI5 table?

A quick response would be highly appreciated.

samindersingh2317
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Karol,

We are experiencing some issues with the UI5 table component after the upgrade to BOBJ 4.3, Lumira Designer 2.4 SP0, patch 3.  The Lumira Designer generates the following error message for the UI5 table, when the component is selected.

In addition, the UI5 table seems to show an image with random data, when the data source (BEx query) can’t provide any data for the selections.

and problem with Additional Properties Sheet throwing a JavaScript error alert and not loading correctly.

Did you already see something like that?

Thank you very much for your attention

Saminder Singh
Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Saminder,

as it worked so long and the issue is due to DS upgrade, please open a support ticket. In Case Support wants to clarify something, they should ping me internally.

on first view seems some issue on creation of the property grid. And there the components are public SDK API. But I was 7 years not on this topic…

regards, Karol