Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear Readers

Do you want to know how to enable Single Sign-On from SAP IAS ??

SAML Flow

SAP IAS - Identity Authentication Service 

The single sign-on through SAP IdP is not turned on by default. When disabled, users can only access SAP Commissions through the SAP Commissions login page, using their user ID and password. To enable it, you need to follow the below steps to configure

Once set up, users authenticated with SAP IAS can log in to SAP Commissions without entering their ID or password. Unauthenticated Commissions users that attempt to access a Commissions URL will be redirected to the SAP Identity Access Management login page for authentication.

Integration with IAS and Commission URL

You will be provided with two URLs:

1. Standard Commissions URL - Users can enter the user ID and password and access SAP Commissions.
  2. SAP IdP based Commissions URL - This URL prompts users to enter their user ID and password via IdP and redirects users to SAP Commissions.

Architecture & documentation related to SAP Sales Cloud Single Sign-On(SSO) can be found here

Let's start the configuration, 

Login to SAP Identity Authentication Service [IAS] Portal

Go to Application & Resources Menu - Tenant Settings
    • Click SAML 2.0 Configuration

Download Metadata.xml
which will be used to upload in SAP Commission ( will be shown in below steps)

Navigate to Applications and choose the product you need to enable SSO

1. Type

Select SAML 2.0

2. SAML 2.0 Configuration and upload the sp.xml from SAP Commissions

3. Subject Name Identifier

4. Default Name ID Format

Choose either one for users login method

urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:unspecified

urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:emailAddress

5. Assertion Attributes

User AttributesAssertion Attributes
LanguagesapIdp.language
User IDsapIdp.uid
Login NamesapIdp.loginName
First NamesapIdp.firstName
Last NamesapIdp.lastName
EmailsapIdp.email
GroupssapIdp.userGroups

Update the values from the above table if incase if values are blank

Login to SAP Commission Portal to enable Single Sign-On ( SSO) 

Go to Global Settings

Configure from below screen with corresponding sequence numbers in SAML Configuration Type Section

Admin should logout the page after SAML is configured and ask Users to login to SAP Commission Portal.

Users should able to see the login page of SAP IAS Login screen

Admin can see the Security logs in SAP Commission Portal for users Authentication mechanism (SAML)

Troubleshooting in IAS or to find audit logs ( download CSV)

Azure Single Sign on Setup

https://microlearning.opensap.com/media/Azure+AD+as+IdP+and+SAP+Identity+Authentication+Service+as+S...

Links

SAP Cloud Identity Services: https://community.sap.com/topics/cloud-identity-services
Identity Authentication service in a nutshell:

Troubleshooting Resources

Online & Browser Tools:

➢ Allows you to validate a SAML Response for Chrome (see example in next slide, FF uses SAML Tracer) - https://www.samltool.com/validate_response.php

➢ Allows you to debug your SAML based implementation (see example in next slide, it is a way to validate if all of the related entries are valid) -
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/saml-message-decoder/mpabchoaimgbdbbjjieoaeiibojelbhm?hl=e...

https://www.base64decode.org/  - Decode from Base64 format.

Thanks, for reading it till the end. 

Hope you find that helpful! Let me know your thoughts on this in the comments section.
Don't forget to share this article with your friends or colleagues.
Feel free to connect with me on any of the platforms below! 🚀

yoganandamuthaiah |Twitter | LinkedIn | GitHub

21 Comments
fabian_rendon
Employee
Employee
Yoga, thanks for share this procedure it's very useful. There a lot of customer that have concern about security on our solutions.  This could help us for future customer discussions.
jmiranda
Advisor
Advisor
Excellent, very understandable and useful.  Thanks for sharing.
former_member226
Employee
Employee
Thanks, Yogananda for sharing the detailed steps.

May be 1 question, What happens in case my SAML configuration is broken or incorrect (due to manual copy-paste error) and I have already enabled SAML authentication in the Commission's portal? Will as an Admin I be still able to login to commissions bypassing the SAML using some URL parameter like saml2=disabled or so? If not then, how can we troubleshoot or fix the broken SAML message at Commission's side?
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thanks Saurabh!

If you need to deactivate SAML SSO or any troubleshooting issues (suppose you're Admin) ..
you will have to reach out through BCP ticketing and support team can do it from backend for your tenant.
philipholtom
Participant
One question. I'm not clear where the SSO login url comes from

You say  "You will be provided with two URLs:".  Who provides this ? We only have the normal URL for our environment.

We were not given a SAP IdP based Commissions URL

Can this be extracted from the IAS somehow ?
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
pholtom

Thanks for reading the blog!

SAP Idp based Commission URL will get generated when SSO is active/configured in SAP IAS.

SAP IAS is owned by the user admin of the company who have access to control all the Applications.
Saurabh_Katoch
Employee
Employee
yoganandamuthaiah - The article is very informative and with this we have been able to help number of customers. Thanks for sharing this article.
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thanks Saurabh for your valuable words. This will motivate to do more. I am very happy to see its helping most of our customers, partners and Internal teams.

Keep sharing to many and make it big
former_member699291
Discoverer
Thanks for sharing!!
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Thanks Shyla!
former_member694755
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi yoganandamuthaiah ,

What happens if a tenant has already configured SAML settings to enable SSO functionality for Commissions URL within organization?

Will following above steps breaks the earlier configured SSO URLs?

Regards

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi deepu0407

If SSO is already active and enabled within SAP Commissions without IAS .. then there is no impact or breaking links for SSO..

It's up to the customer to decide if they would like to manage multiple IDPs, then better to go with SAP IAS and gets an advanced security layer by enabling TOTP or OTP or Captcha Authentication.
DeepikaB
Explorer
Hi Yoga,

Please let me know the step by step process to Integrate SAP Sales Cloud to  be authenticated via IAS. Is there a need for CPI as well or is nit required.

ANd do we need add anything in the transformations.. Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Deepika
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi deepika_b

We don't need CPI or any transformations...  Its out of the box.. you need to get metadata.xml from SAP Sales Cloud and upload it in IAS.  If user attributes matches, users will be able to go through Single Sign on
DeepikaB
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Yoga,

Thanks for the guidance. I am new to this and I have only SF integration with IAS.

And there is no external IDP involved.

Kindly let me know from where we will get the metadata.xml from SAles cloud URL.

And any idea about Linking On premise systems to IAS as authentication.

SAP Sales Cloud

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi deepika_b

you find the help documentation for C4C to enable single sign on and details are there

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_HYBRIS_CLOUD_FOR_CUSTOMER/abfba1342cfb4832ab722fa041f6c4b7/f1e6f23267b...

Azure Onprem ? then there is out of box feature in IAS - Corportate Identity Provider.  If other than Azure, you need to go through Cloud connector way.
DeepikaB
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Yoga,

The page is not getting displayed. And there is no Azure , I have used cloud connector and BTP as well.

Any other link that might help in integrating SAP Sales Cloud with IAS will be very helpful. I am not getting clear documentation anywhere.

Thanks for the support Yoga, Highly appreciate it.

Deepika
yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi deepika_b

I can access the page.. its clearly documented all the steps.  If you have any trouble, kindly raise a SAP Technical Support ticket.

DeepikaB
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Yoga,

Thanks a lot for the help. I will check this.

Deepika
alvarofelix
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Yoga,

I have a scenario where authentication will be done via a unique ID with Azure and not via email. In this case, would the "unspecified" option be appropriate? Should I consider any additional scenarios for this type of authentication?

Thanks for the support Yoga, I appreciate it very much.

yogananda
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

alvarofm16

Unspecified should work and can you see what additional attributes are shown in SAML Tracer, so you can bind those attributes to the user.