Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark_wright
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
If you follow SAP, you know we are all-in with AI.  If you have been following our announcement of SAP Build Code, we are providing generative AI-based code development with Joule copilot.  This is amazing, and as the Solution Owner for SAP Build Code I couldn’t be happier to have this as part of our solution, it’s going to drive developer efficiency to the next level.  With all the talk and the information already provided on AI, I wanted to instead call-out what else has me excited so that our developers can start to Build…..Code!

To quote Arnal Dayaratna, IDC Research Vice President, “Developers value a multitude of attributes of developer tools such as expedited access to API’s, code abstraction, integrated CI/CD functionality and intelligent development suggestions.”  With SAP Build Code our aim is to deliver this value.  We want to put the proper tools at the developers’ fingertips to deliver better developer productivity.

We have supercharged development with generative AI, but more importantly we have tailored the solution for SAP Development.  SAP Build Code out of box onboards the development environment in SAP BTP with essential development tools like Transport Management, CI/CD, Alert Notification, Audit Logging, and Cloud Logging.  The developer has application lifecycle management capabilities readily available for them, no need to decide on how to support the application, we provide it with SAP BTP Best Practices and Services.

Providing services to support the application lifecycle means a developer can concentrate on the development of an application or extension, and with SAP Build Code, the choice is yours.  Available is a robust cloud-based development IDE with Business Application Studio along with development features like, SAP Mobile Services, SAP Document Management, Development tools for CAP, Visual programming tools, SAPUI5 and SAP Fiori elements and more, there is no application or extension that you can’t develop.  Full-Stack, Web, Mobile, UI are all supported in SAP Build Code and when you add the ability to do fusion development through app composability and reusability of project artifacts across SAP Build low-code tools, SAP Build Code and the ABAP Environment on SAP BTP, SAP is setting up developers to create a full suite of resilient applications without having to look anywhere else beyond SAP BTP.  To make SAP Build Code even more robust, there is support for pre-integration API’s and Business Services with seamless connectivity to SAP and third-party systems.

I’m just touching on the surface of what SAP Build Code provides.  The capabilities go on and on with features for developing and testing, integration and connecting, deploying and operating.  At SAP we continue to innovate, with SAP Build Code we are putting all that innovation at the developers’ fingertips.  We are providing a turn-key solution that combines run-time and design-time and delivering the value to our developers that puts the multitude of necessary tools at their fingertips which will ensure better developer productivity.

Developers everywhere must become more productive and collaborate effectively to achieve meaningful business outcomes. With generative AI-based application development, SAP Build Code simplifies the developer experience and provides the capabilities and power to drive the next wave of developer ingenuity.
1 Comment
PierreCol
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In addition to what you've read recently on  Application Development with SAP Build Code including AI and Joule copilot on SAP BTP, I highly recommend this 1 hour demo session held bthomas_volmering last week 💡