Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaUS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Did you know that the ABAP Keyword Documentation provides a list of all available language elements of the RAP behavior definition language (RAP BDL) and their release dates? This allows you to easily look up the features for each RAP BO implementation type and find out whether they are available in your current product release. The tables cover the full scope of the RAP BDL, including all statements for managed and unmanaged RAP BOs, RAP BO interfaces, service projections, BDEF extensions, and even abstract behavior definitions.

You can access the RAP BDL feature tables at the following link: RAP BDL - Feature Tables - ABAP Keyword Documentation (sap.corp)

Here's how it looks like:

rap_feature_tables.png

The first column lists a syntax statement, the second column summarizes its effect, and the last three columns provide the release information - first, the quarterly AS ABAP release, then the on-premise AS ABAP release, and in the rightmost column, the release of SAP BTP ABAP Environment, informally called Steampunk.

Feedback and questions are welcome.

Share and like if you find it useful!

7 Comments
DiegoValdivia
Participant

Hi Andrea,

This information is gold!

Though, I got next error message when opening the link "We can’t connect to the server at ldcialx.wdf.sap.corp."

Regards.

AndreaUS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Oops, my bad. The link now points to the topic on SAP Help Portal. It should work now. Thanks for notifying.

Best regards

Andrea

DiegoValdivia
Participant
0 Kudos

It's working perfectly now.

Thank you Andrea!

Attila
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is a great help in the rapid evolution of the language. Sometimes in older systems we suddenly recognize we can't do the same way, what we have done in the cloud already or in other releases. I manually did my feature availibility notes for CDS and UI5 then started the same for RAP, then this lifesaver list came out. Doing a design or Proof of Concept this is a great support. We can lookup for the required feature by the language element.

Thank You for sharing this 🙂 !

AndreaUS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Thanks for your positive feedback 🙂

In case you don't know, we also have ABAP CDS feature tables: ABAP Keyword Documentation (sap.com)

And with some more details Feature Matrix: Data Modeling with ABAP Core Data ... - SAP Community

Best regards

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, nice idea to have this Features table. That would be so great to have it for all other SAP languages (ABAP core especially, the "Release News" being a list of features for each version/each SP, the reverse table is missing).

AndreaUS
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra, feature tables for the complete ABAP language are currently work in progress.

Ping @horst_keller