Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
I am pleased to share with you the following whitepaper that explains in full details and step-by-step how to enable and configure SAP Easy Access menu for Fiori launchpad in SAP S/4HANA 2020.  In this whitepaper you will find the following:

• INTRODUCTION

• CHAPTER 1 CONFIGURE TRUST RELATIONSHIP

• Assign authorization S_RFCACL to end user on backend system

• Create RFC connection from backend system to frontend system

• Define the frontend system as a trusted system on backend system

• CHAPTER 2 CONFIGURE RFC CONNECTIONS AND SYSTEM ALIAS

• Create RFC connection – ABAP connection

• Create RFC connection – HTTP(S) connection

• Create System Alias

• CHAPTER 3 ACTIVATE ODATA SERVICES

• CHAPTER 4 ENABLE SAP EASY ACCESS MENU

• Role-free option

• Role-based option

• CHAPTER 5 TEST SAP EASY ACCESS MENU ON FIORI LAUNCHPAD

The whitepaper can be found in the following WiKi: How to Enable SAP Easy Access Menu for Fiori Launchpad Step-by-Step
16 Comments
Girish_Kumar_Gu
Participant
0 Kudos
Is it possible/planned to have easy access menu enabled in Central Fiori Launchpad?
larshoffmann
Explorer
hello,

we configured the SAP Easy Access Menu for Fiori Launchpad and now we have access to all transactions (TACs) of user menu and sap menu.

BUT we do not see any web dynpros (WDA) assigned to users. only transactions. What could be the problem?

best regards,

Lars
jessie_xu2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Girish,

According to the note below, Integration with Easy Access Menu is available in BTP Neo but not CF environment.

2902576 - SAP Cloud Portal service: restrictions in SAP BTP Multi-Cloud (Cloud Foundry) environment
jessie_xu2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Lars,

If you are using role-based option in Chapter 4 of the white paper, you may double check if the target mapping Shell-startWDA was configured correctly as documented in the white paper. Please also note the name of the target mapping Shell-startWDA is case sensitive, means "shell-startWDA" or "Shell-StartWDA" will not work.
Girish_Kumar_Gu
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks for the response jessie.xu2

It's helpful.
larshoffmann
Explorer
Hi Jessie,

we did it correct, and we also tried the other option (not role based, where no target mapping is needed). TACs are working, WDA are not shown.

Any other ideas?

best regards,

Lars
jessie_xu2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
hi Lars, I will suggest you to create a case/incident to SAP Support team for further analysis.
former_member225470
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for the how-to-guide.

The SAP Easy Access Menu can currently only be reached via the button profile- app finder and the additional button user menu.

Unfortunately, this is not very user-friendly. So, is it possible to include the SAP Easy Access Menu as a tile on the flp start page?

Regards,

Arnold

rdvnatcnibm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ali.chalhoub 

thanks for the whitepaper.

Is it possible to also launch custom T-codes from the SAP Easy Access Menu within the App Finder?

I couldn't find any custom T-Codes.

Best regards

jessie_xu2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
hi Ridvan, are you able to see those custom t-codes on the SAP Menu / User Menu after you log on SAP GUI?

If those t-codes are available there they should be displayed in the SAP Menu / User Menu on Fiori Launchpad App Finder as well.
jessie_xu2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
hi Arnold, we don't have a standard tile like this but you can create a tile by yourself and put the link of the SAP Easy Access Menu page into the tile navigation.
former_member225470
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Jessie,

thanks for your answer.

Meanwhile I found the following SAP Note 2786421 - Fiori Launchpad Tile to launch Backend transaction SMEN no longer works. - SAP ON... which it doesn't allow to use SMEN in a tile.

Regards,

Arnold
jessie_xu2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
hi Arnold, yes that's correct while that note 2786421is for creating tile & target mapping for application type: Transaction

Seems it is not relevant to the question you asked earlier.

If you want to create a tile which directly opens the SAP Menu / User Menu page in App Finder, I think you can create a tile with a link of the SAP Menu page, you don't have to use intent based navigation as it just serves as a hyper link.
rdvnatcnibm
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi jessie.xu2

thanks for the answer.

I can see the custom T-Codes only after I add them to the role that's assigned to my user via PFCG Menu entries. That would mean that I would have to add every single custom T-Code to the roles and access them via User Menu in the App Finder.

Is there an easier way to do this, maybe without adding custom T-codes to a role? Can I also adapt / extend the SAP Menu so it has all custom T-Codes included?

Thanks for your support!

WandersonSantos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, 

It's possible in S/4HANA 2023?