Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shoaib_haider
Advisor
Advisor
Below a list of some of the important standard SAP tables in a SAP Business Warehouse (BW) system with their description. Also there are some recommendations with reference SAP note on how to perform housekeeping and cleaning up of these BW tables.

For more information you can see SAP note 2388483 - How-To: Data Management for Technical Tables. 

This SAP Note covers data management for tables with a mainly technical background, e.g. used for:

• Communication

• Logging, tracing

• Administration

• Analysis

• Metadata

• Staging

• Auditing

It doesn't deal with application tables.

Furthemore there is also another SAP note which provides information about the processes to clean up and remove data from various tables of the various infoprovider types. For more information see SAP note 3232938 - How-To: Data Management for BW Infoprovider tables

Reference: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Important+Tables+in+SAP+BW+7.x

Hope this helps.

12 Comments
appel_solar_dk
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Shoaib

It's always good to get good information repeated but why not just refer to:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Important+Tables+in+SAP+BW+7.x

Isn't it the same information?

Regards

Kristian
shoaib_haider
Advisor
Advisor
Hi Kristian,

That Wiki is quite old and some tables were missing and also the above mentioned SAP notes aswell, so I just added and updated the same here and I'll keep updating this as new stuff comes in as I do not have the authority to adjust anything there.

Regards

Shoaib
appel_solar_dk
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Shoaib

The wiki could be updated as well. To me that would make more sense. When you are not in SAP any more who will update your blog then?

regards

Kristian
shoaib_haider
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi

I dont see this as an issue but thanks for the feedback.

Regards

Shoaib.
Anand71
Active Contributor
Hi Shoaib,

We are  using BW4HANA System. Do you think above Tables are still relevent for us.

Thanks.

Regrads,

Anand.

shoaib_haider
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi Anand

A lot of older Classic and BW on HANA objects have become obsolete with the BW/4HANA version therefore from the above list not all tables will be applicable in your case if you are on BW/4HANA system.

For example with BW/4HANA you no longer have Infocubes but rather use ADSO's, and Infosets/MultiProvider which are replaced with Composite providers (HCPR) as an example, so not all of the tables you see in the list above will be applicable on BW/4HANA system.

You can get more information from SAP note (2421930) and the PDF attached to it if interested.

Thanks

Shoaib
FrankRiesner
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hi Shoaib,

great summary, this list is handy for many BW tasks.

Just an idea for future to add the backend tables for ADSOs, HCPRs, Open ODS views, ODP .... if your time allows.

KR - Frank
shoaib_haider
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the feedback. Sure I will update the BW/4 tables soon aswell here.

Regards

Shoaib

former_member823625
Discoverer
Thanks for sharing such a useful information
former_member184884
Active Participant
Thanks for collating all important tables.

Regards,

Harish
shoaib_haider
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Glad it helps.
hadi_jafari
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks for sharing Shoaib.

I'd appreciate if you could share the texts and not the screenshots.

If I have a text file such as Excel, I could easily search for what I need.